RIM Software

Guest whitestar

Guest danbear

I had no idea that they were considering using the RIM software in the 220. Where have you seen info regarding this? I'm actually considering the 7100r over the 220.

Goto HERE

this is the RIM software I believe--so far this is exactly what cingular uses for their blackberry devices

Xpress Mail is not Blackberry - it requires Cingular-specific server software either on your desktop PC or a corporate server. Their Blackberry email service happens to be called "Xpress Mail Blackberry" but that the similarity in name is a marketing thing only.

The software I think everyone is looking for is "Blackberry Connect" which, according to various press releases and articles, will be available (at some point) for installation on the MPx220. (My last phone call to Blackberry told me that the current thought is the software would be available during the 4th quarter. Unfortunately, RIM/Blackberry's 4th quarter - based on their fiscal year - is December-February)

Guest angeljo008

Xpress Mail is not Blackberry - it requires Cingular-specific server software either on your desktop PC or a corporate server. Their Blackberry email service happens to be called "Xpress Mail Blackberry" but that the similarity in name is a marketing thing only.

The software I think everyone is looking for is "Blackberry Connect" which, according to various press releases and articles, will be available (at some point) for installation on the MPx220. (My last phone call to Blackberry told me that the current thought is the software would be available during the 4th quarter. Unfortunately, RIM/Blackberry's 4th quarter - based on their fiscal year - is December-February)

Ahhhh-I see--thanks for the clarification-- :lol: