cingular mpx 220 in the netherlands

Guest boeboe

Ok after getting rid of the mpx 220 pre-production model.I picked up a cingular mpx 220 in the states when i was there visiting.

The mpx 220 works great,it's better than the pre-production unit i had.I can confirm it's unlocked and works perfectly in the netherlands.About volume issues.No volume issues.Ok it's not a boombox,but in comparison to my nokia 6610 it's as good as.Attaching pics to contacts works fine and show up on the outer display when i receive a call.Mp 3 ringtones as well as wav ringtones won't play seamless when put on the mini sd card and then set as a ringtone.You really will have to put them in your sounds folder.Hope Motorola will address this problem.Picture quality is fine,not great,but towards me i am using the phone for calls and not for taking pictures.Voice dialing works great.Only problem is some typicall dutch names.Connecing via bluetooth.No problem here.It connects well with my bluetooth headset and works great with my laptop.I don't use sync via bluetooth as i use the usb cable to sync and charge my phone.

Tip.If the ringtone volume is a problem to you,use a program like soundforge to increase the volume of the mp3.Than put it in your sounds folder.Works great.

All in all a great phone.If you have questions just put em in this topic

Guest Underdog_2k

I've started mailing online shops to see when they'll be having them in stock :roll: ,So for the dutch: I'll let you know....

I pre-orderd it for 203 euro's with a one year contract (25 euro's a month* 2 months free) So the phone costs a total of 453 euro's 8) ;) And that with 200 free minutes a month. now i'm thinking about those free minutes such an contract cost 5 euro's a month, is 60 a year...

453 - 60 (need the contract any way :D ) 393euro :lol:

For dutch folks: gsmdealer

(my euro changes to an ?? question mark?? :roll: )

No word yet about a release date in holland.My guess it's pushed back.I know the websites you refer to and they are pushing back the release dates all the time.Best bet is to import yours from the us or the uk or germany.

By the way the mpx(300)is delayed till 2005.

Guest Underdog_2k

I think they won't release in individual countries, the whole of europe or not. there are a couple of stores that claim the same date. But let's c.

pushing it back to 2005 is just dumb, so many other good phones come out then :lol:

One more thing.I can confirm that when turning on bluetooth,the camera is not working.So to be able to take pics,you will have to shut down bluettooth.

Also yesterday i was visiting a restaurant,bar in amsterdam and so it was pretty noisy and i could hear my phone perfectly.I have my mp3 as a ringtone.Works great.

So no volume problems for me :lol: .Although i wouldn't mind if someone puts a registry hack out.I am working on it,but changing the settings in the registry doesn't work.Also there is a software lock for the volume.I haven't found it yet,but when dialing a number on the keypad it's really loud.And the ringtones seem less loud.I guess motorola was concerned about hear damaging

I happened to be in the U.S. on the week of the 220 release a few weeks back and picked one up at Bestbuy. The battery life is much improved (and the speed) ciompared to my old MPX200. The wmp audio quality is also much better.

Although as you say the bluetooth works ok (I have hands free in the car and a headset as well) what doesn't work is the ability to play audio over bluetooth to a pair of headphones :lol:

This is a pity because I have a good quality bluetooth headset that I can only use for receiving calls but not for listening to music. I guess I will either have to carry a second pair of wired earphones or an mp3 player around with me - looks like we still have to wait a while for full convergence

Ok tried out putting mp3's on my mini sd card.Works fine,only thing that sucks is when playing on the device itself it really sounds soft.It's not a feature that i would use as i would listen with a stereo headset,but it's surely a thing they should fix.The only thing i am really scared of is that motorola,cingular or whoever won't put an update on the market.

I think you missed the point I was making: The MP3 player works well - speakerphone is not brilliant but ok. Through headphones it sounds good. The problem is that you cant play mp3s and have the music output go out over a bluetooth wireless link to a stereo headset! The only way to get output from the wmp app. is through the loudspeaker or earphone socket. The Bluetooth connection is only in effect any good for handsfree calling. :lol:

No,i perfectly understand what you mean.Simple answer.It's not possible.You will have to use a wired headset,but come on,don't you think it's a phone first,a pda second.A device like this is never good enough and there will always be something better on the market.By the way.Do you know if the sda in all it's forms is able to play mp3's via bleutooth ???

Don't know about the SDA, I prefer a clam. In general, I'm very happy with the mpx220. I just think its a shame because this should have been easy to do. I now have to carry a second headset or a separate mp3 player around with me when I travel. I was hoping the phone could double up and do both tasks - but I guess not.

Guest Underdog_2k

I work at the national airport of the netherlands, Last day's I've seen a large shipment of motorola boxes not stating what's in them, from china to swindon GB. So mabey they are gonne be in stock at the 17th, let's see also saw a lot of new samsung phones (4 tons of cargo from samsung) e800 and x450's (said so on the box :lol: ) pretty useless info I know :D

• 3 weeks later...