Updated MPx220 F/W is .342

Guest sclui56

Guardian,

I am not sure who you are and how you came accross the firmware and the tool to load it into the phone, but please allow Cingular and Motorola to handle the distribution of any upgrades that will be available. You don't want to be personally responsible for helping someone brick their phone due to misusing the tool or software.

If you guys haven't figured it out yet, you wont' be allowed to ask Guardian for the ROM on this board.

Use your brain, you don't want to give this board a bad name do you?

Guest ghandlin

Took mine back to BB and exchanged without any trouble. Nobody there knew how to hard reset the phone, so I had to go through and manually delete the contacts I didn't want floating around. Anyone know how to do a hard reset on it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On other sites I have read about Moto offering a software d/l this year, but that it would only be the authorized version from Cingular and so fart that is FW1.3. Hopefully this will happen and then be updated to correct the other issues.

I still like the phone it is alot better than the bulky i600 I had.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest chris_jon

Got my phone in December. I'm a little confused as to all this FW, etc.. Mine has a manufacturer of 1.30.0.0. Is this the updated version that fixes the volume issue? If so, my phone volume is still lacking.

Guest nobznss
Got my phone in December.  I'm a little confused as to all this FW, etc..  Mine has a manufacturer of 1.30.0.0.  Is this the updated version that fixes the volume issue?  If so, my phone volume is still lacking.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1.3 is the newest production version from what I understand. .342 is the one that was buggy. There's all kinds of rumors going around about a new firmware that will be downloadable, but I've yet to see it. Hopefully it's soon though cause the volume and camera are still lacking.

• 2 weeks later...

the 1.30 is Cingular branded. So if you have an unbranded one that is 1.50, I don't know if it fixes any problems or it's the same FW but unbranded. I hope it's newer.

Good to hear that eXpansys is finally shipping them. Last time I checked, they didn't have them yet. Is it unbranded?

-Mc

Has anybody used the update posted on the moto site for and AT&T MPX220

I have a At&T mpx220 ROm version 0.343.0.0

I have the same low ear piece volume

According to the lastest info I rec'd from Moto, the good news is that they now have updated F/W, revision is .342 (dot three four two), as compared to mine which is .325 (you can verify that Start->Setting->About-- Manufacturer.

The other good news is that they're flashing the units in the channel as well as at Cingular, I presume Cingular's warehouses & Moto's warehouses.

The BAD news for those of us who have the exclusively-released-by-BestBuy units is that Moto will not make this available for download (why change policy, right?), so the only way to get the updated F/W on our units require a trip to the National Service Center.

Before someone jumps the gun, this is what I was told by a Moto employee, I have not sent my unit in yet so I don't know if it in fact will solve the volume issue.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Has anybody used the update posted on the moto site for and AT&T MPX220

I have a At&T mpx220 ROm version 0.343.0.0

I have the same low ear piece volume

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Guys not sure if you've seen this on the Motorola site.

http://www.motorola.com/mdirect/hellomoto/...oftupdate.shtml?

Brought mine from Expansys in the UK . Run this app and it reports mine is up to date.