MP3's as Ring Tones... It's Possible!

Guest rclark

You can use MP3's as ringtones as long as you're using the 5600 ROM. Just drag your MP3 into the Storage/Application Data/Sounds folder. Works like a champ.

Unfortunately this doesn't work with the orange rom.

I hope one day someone developes an all-inclusive rom that has the best of everything.... Quad-band, application unlock, WM10, and MP3 ringtones.

Guest shortcut3d

Well i'm not sure if the 850 band worked on my i.mate but i bought a 5600 for 850 band. now i'm happy that there is more functions than 850. Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Confucious

Quad band is NOT possible the 850 or 900 band is hardware specific.

The others should be possible tho'.

All we need is for florin_m to "fix" it for us.... :lol:

Not Possible??? Just don't tell that to my phone.

When I unlocked my phone, florin_m provided links to a ROM that either supports 850 Mhz or 900Mhz. I tried both with no probs.

The 850 rom with a cingular sim showed "cingular" and the 900 showed that I was on cingular but roaming. Now I'm sure that I wasn't using the actual 900Mhz and roaming(probably 1800/1900)... but it was clear that the 850 was no longer functional.

I keep hearing some people say "hardware specific" but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Guest Confucious

So your phone can definately use 850 but not 900? Has it ever used 900? If you put thr ROM supporting 900 on but have not used it what makes you think your phone can use it?

I live in the UK so have not checked this myself and I should have pointed out in my previous post that that was just what I have read necessatily true but is the conclusion come to by other people who have tested it.

Can you clarify that what you are sayimng is that your phone has opperated on 850 AND 900 sucessfully?

850 Mhz on the 850 ROM works as advertised.

The 900 Mhz on the 900 ROM I can't confirm. I don't think any carriers in the US use 900 Mhz. When using the ROM that supports the 900Mhz, I'm sure that I'm only using the 1800/1900.

Wish I had the ca$h to fly over and try the 900Mhz myself.

evans.rhys.gavin MP3s only work on the 5600 NOT the C500 - judging by your name I'd guess you are Scottish :lol: so probably have the C500.

how do you come to that conclusion? He is welsh!

but does have a c500 hence cant use mp3 as ringtone

Guest Confucious

Thank you Ian - had you not told me I would forever think that evans rhyss and gavin were Scottish not Welsh. being only half Welsh myself i find it difficult to tell boyo.... :lol:

• 3 months later...
Guest killerost

To use MP3s as ringtones you must have windows media player as the standard player for MP3s.

I found this out after setting betaplayer as the standard player for WMA files, when I did this I wasn't able to use WMAs as ringtones any more. But after media player was standard player, it worked again.