Damn...that was a good movie.

Guest nickcornaglia

Guest nickcornaglia

Just saw Passion of the Christ.

Even if you dont believe in Jesus, or have issue with the telling of the events, you HAVE to feel some emotion for this guy, especially when he's being beaten and whipped. Extremely well done movie.

Also...the hottest Mary Magdeline yet! Monica Belucci! Eeeeoww!

Now that I have disgraced the movie...I must say again...I was touched deeply by the film.

passion.jpg

Guest Palindrome

The film has indeed provoked passionate responses, on both sides. My own personal opinion of the film is that it sucks you in and it's hard to be objective when faced with such images. If you want to be totally emersed in the message, then The Passion Of The Christ is fantastic and deeply moving.

I'm afraid it didn't work for me. Nothing seemed real, everything was over exaggerated for the sake of creating an emotional response through blunt force. If that is what, whoever is reading this, wants, fine, the film worked, but for me, it only made it a two dimensional mess. Everything was black and white, there were clearly defined goodies and baddies (or rather, the godly and the beastly). The violence was brutal, and I'm sure it was during the time, but it was portrayal through caricatures and stereotypes. The point is that that's intentional in order to create the impact that it has, but it disappointed me rather than inspiring me. It is important for a follower of Christ to understand the sacrifice, but to such an extent of puritanical shock? The message is the most important thing.

For an intelligent Christ film, I would recommend The Last Temptation Of Christ. I know it's controversial but I like it because it's a beautiful and human interpretation of the story. It is thought provoking rather than violently shoving it's message down our throats.

And that's my opinion. See, it had enough effect on me to actually post this.

Guest nickcornaglia

I just wanted an excuse to post a 176 x 220 image of christ to see who makes a homescreen out of it! :lol:

Dont get me wrong. To be clearer:

I give it a 6 out of 10 as a movie

8 out of 10 as a Christ movie.

10 out of 10 as an emotion eliciting story. (Is that a correct term?)

Guest Palindrome

Hehe, I wonder if anyone will?

Sorry, that was a bit of a heavy post after your good humoured opener, encece. Got a little carried away there methinks. :? :lol:

Would be interesting to get an idea of people's opinions now the cats out the bag.

Guest Pondrew

Gotta agree with you about Mary Magdeline Enence, very hot! (did I just say that?!).

Thought it was a very powerful movie. Was too much for me truth be told. Found it very upsetting. Then again, that might just be my upbringing.

Guest nickcornaglia

I was trying to discern whether it was my Catholic upbringing or general morality that made me feel for the guy. It was probably a bit of both but you have to feel compassion for him, as depicted in the movie, no matter what your beliefs.

Guest lukeap69

i agree with you palindrome. it's too brutal for me. watching violent movies did not have the same effect on me. maybe it's because this is a Christ movie.

lukeap