Review Li-Nuggz Game

Guest awarner

Guest awarner [MVP]

Li-Nuggz by Elements Interactive B.V.

Game Summary :  

Li-Nuggz is a fast-paced platform game where you need to use your skills and different weapons to complete all levels!

Description :  

One day, magic rain fell from the sky on a far island, making a tiny apple grow into a great hero, named Li-Nuggz. But then, Drago, the evil dragon, invaded the island, making it his new home. Taking his trusty harpoon and seedgun, our hero decides to take on the dragon!

Features:

Five different stages to explore (docks, beach, village, caves and vulcano)  

50 levels, including normal, extra and bonus levels  

Lots of powerups to collect  

Challenging end-boss  

Five different Instant Games for endless instant fun!  

Cool particle effects  

Smooth horizontal and vertical scrolling  

Stunning pre-rendered 3D graphics!  

Smooth animations  

Catchy music and enjoyable sound effects by DJ PWB  

Flexible control system allowing total customization  

Additional stylus input  

Unlockable extra features  

Online highscore publishing  

Addictive gameplay

Compatible devices:

Windows Mobile PocketPC (ARM/XScale)

Windows Mobile SmartPhone

Li-Nuggz is a a fast paced platform game similar in feel to the classic arcade game Pang, but that is where similarities end.

On startup you have the main screen with the option to play the game through the levels or to go for the quick start option.

main_menu.gifoptionsmenu.gif

Thankfully you can redefine the keys otherwise this would be virtually impossible to play on the C500AudioVOX with it's hardware limitations.

The object of the game is to shoot objects ranging from bubbles and fruit to rocks fireballs of various sizes out of the sky. The larger items get split in two and you have to shoot them again until they get small enough to disappear.

You are up against a time limit to clear the screen and if you have time, there bonus points around the screen to try and pick up.

A variety of power ups also add to game play from Time freeze to weapon

increase. If you like hard end of game bosses then you are in for fun and I now remember why I hate dragons :lol:

Over all the level of difficulty is challenging (on the C500) but once you have completed a level you do not have to do it again, unless you want to

practise your game play, which I am sure you will need :D

I found the game to be addictive and once you get used to the controls it's hard to put down as you want to be able to complete that one more level.

A well made game with no problems or bugs that I could find.

Well worth every penny.

fullmap.gifweapon.gifpowerup.gifanotherstage.gifharder_levels.giffinalstage.gifend_boss.gif

One thing that I was also impressed with was the text input interface for

entering your high scores.

scores.gif

About Elements Interactive B.V.

Founded in January 1996 in the Netherlands as an agency for webdevelopment, Elements Interactive opens its Mobile Entertainment division officially in late 2003 by releasing the first game, S-Tris, as freeware. The in-house development of Edge, the game engine for PocketPC, Microsoft SmartPhone and Symbian devices, enables Elements Interactive to develop quality games for a variety of mobile devices more efficiently. Other game titles of Elements Interactive are E-Ball and Foo Fighter.

The game is available from Click Gamer and costs $9.95 | £5.35 | €7.70

My thanks to Elements Interactive B.V. for creating a special MoDaCo review copy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.