Orange shop now selling C500 accessories inc. Car Charger

Guest shadamehr

Guest shadamehr

Thanks to member RazorD for spotting this.

The Orange online shop are now selling C500 in-car chargers along with other accessories.

c500_carcharger.jpg

This is available in stock now, on a 2-5 day standard delivery time, for a price of £9.99 including free delivery. (As updated, mine arrived the very next day).

Bear in mind though folks, that they are also meant to be available for sale in the modaco shop itself anytime around now too, and the price might be better - I cannot say for sure.

UPDATE 13/11/04:

My in car charger has now arrived, and there is a photo attached. Firstly, this is VERY fast service, as I only ordered it after I first made this post yesterday afternoon, so kudos to Orange for that. As you can clearly see, it IS a C500 charger, and the oval panel on it states this.

A couple of things to note - it comes with only the standard size bayonet/head fitting, so for some cars it might not fit out of the packet - but it CAN be screwed off, to reveal the fuse inside too, so this can be changed - the method of changing the head size is slightly different to unbranded Nokia car chargers though, I think - it does still mean it can be changed to a different size head though.. Additionally, it's actually an ORA made model, as the paperwork states so.

Hope this info is helpful.

If you wish to discuss this, RazorD's thread is > HERE <

The link to the Orange Shop for C500 stuff is >HERE <

And the Modaco Shop is > HERE <

Guest sethman

Can anyone confirm that this is a legit car carger for the C500? Based on the picture, the phone adapter does not look correct - doesn't appear to support a mini usb connector. I'm desparate for one here in the States (SMT5600) and already bought a separate cradle from CCM to hold the phone.

Guest shadamehr
Can anyone confirm that this is a legit car carger for the C500?  Based on the picture, the phone adapter does not look correct - doesn't appear to support a mini usb connector.  I'm desparate for one here in the States (SMT5600) and already bought a separate cradle from CCM to hold the phone.

The website makes it clear that the images are entirely for illustrative purposes only.

If it's the Orange website selling C500 car chargers, it will be a C500 car charger.

That was the point and the context of the post - they are finally available!

Any problems and I will let you know, 'cos I have ordered one already myself...

Guest Shop @ MoDaCo

We have the car chargers for C500/SP3/SP3i and Jam arriving tomorrow, there will be 2 models to choose from, a genuine HTC device and an OEM model the later similar to the unit available from the Orange shop, the HTC model is excellent prices are expected to be £9.99 and £14.99

Both units available to buy tomorrow and will be shipped out tomorrow for delivery Tuesday to you :lol:

Guest shadamehr
We have the car chargers for C500/SP3/SP3i and Jam arriving tomorrow, there will be 2 models to choose from, a genuine HTC device and an OEM model the later similar to the unit available from the Orange shop, the HTC model is excellent prices are expected to be £9.99 and £14.99

Both units available to buy tomorrow and will be shipped out tomorrow for delivery Tuesday to you  :lol:

Can't find anything on the Website yet Mark...

Any update?

Guest Shop @ MoDaCo

Sorry guy's the site has been down for most of the day :oops: we changed to a new server this weekend and today, the propagation has been slower than expected, hopefully most of you can now see the site again and order the car chargers :roll:

Guest Confucious

I assume that as I have just placed my order and you said

Both units available to buy tomorrow and will be shipped out tomorrow for delivery Tuesday to you  :lol:

I should expect delivery in the morning :D

Guest wohlgetan

The cable for syncing between your computer and the C500, SDA, Mpx200 etc., isn't it a standard USB2miniUSB cable? So for charging, the standard voltage is +5V for all devices...

And therefore the used pins are identical between C500, SDA and e.g. the MPx200 which also comes with a miniUSB slot, it seems to me you can use any of the many offered car chargers for the MPx200...

Guest Confucious

The cable is the same - the charger isn't. It needs a data signal to between pins 4&5 which is provided by the original charger or by having ActiveSync on the PC.

Guest wohlgetan
The cable is the same - the charger isn't. It needs a data signal to between pins 4&5 which is provided by the original charger or by having ActiveSync on the PC.

Just to make clear about what we were talking...

Pinout on my MPx200/USB-cable while looking straight at them:

pins: 1 2 3 4 5

phone: / - - - - -

pins: a b c d e

cable: / _ _ _ _ _

Ground --> e, 1

+5V --> a, 5

Data+ --> b, 4

Data- --> c, 3

??? --> 2, d

Okay, I find no signal nor voltage at my fifth pin, no surprise since I only got an MPx200.

So my question is: what is the difference between the MPx200 charger as above described and the charger for C500/SDA/...?

Can someone with an SDA or C500 just plugin the given charger and check the pin "d", maybe it is just connected to the +5V. Or it is grounded. Or between Data+ and Data- is an logical "1", in that case e.g. +5V... while looking at the USB 1.1 signal specifications the bus clock is by one kHz and the sample clock could be in a wide range, regarding which transfermode is used, e.g. eight kHz or 44,1 kHz etc... seems to me too much effort to implement into a _charger_ without any purpose...

Why asking? Because if it is only so easy a little mini USB adapter will do it and a lot of existing equipment will be usable for this great family of smartphones...

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.