Video Messaging issue

Guest theodotcom

Guest theodotcom

Help...

my phone is set up fully for media messages. I can send and recieve photo messages and send video messages, HOWEVER i cannot recieve video messages, when i recieve a video message i get a media message that has no clip attached, and then i get a text on my phone from o2 (im with o2 by the way) saying:

"You have recieved a media message with an object your mobile doesnt support. To see a copy, login as normal on www.o2.co.uk and go to Inbox in Media Messaging."

has anyone had the same problem and resolved it?

can anyone help me?

thanks

Guest NIGHTMARE

one of my friend had exactly the same issue, the problem is that o2 have not linked you phone number details with a phone that can recive video messages, to sort this out ring o2 and say you have a xda2(or another advanced o2 mobile),one of their phones that does accept many types of video(because i take it you did not buy the c500 from o2, if you did just tell them you get the c500) and they should sort it out for you.

Guest NIGHTMARE
cheers for the reply but o2 have this sim and number registered with a 6600 which does support video messaging, any other ideas?

that may be the problem, the 6600 does not have the same compatabliity as the c500, the c500 supports many more different types of video messages than the 6600, i would still follow it up with o2

does anyone else have any ideas?

is anyone using this phone on o2 and theirs work?

As stated by NIGHTMARE, I would still ask O2 to change the phone from a 6600 to xda II for Video messaging as it may give better support for the MS smartphone. I'm sure others would be interested to know what happens :lol:

Guest theodotcom

ok, spoke to o2 who were no help at all, however turns out i cant recieve pictures either, I tried it with the orange chip i got with the phone and it still DOESNT work.

Spoke to orange who were no help and have logged a call with their support team who will get back to me in 9 days!

can anyone help.

all the orange settings are fine, i went through them with the orange assistant.

Guest Confucious

it still amaizes me taht people use MMS when they have email - apart from the fact that people seem to have niothing but trouble with it and it's expensive, what is the attraction?

Guest theodotcom

the only attraction is that mms is instant, email the other person has to log on to see it, by that time it could be too late. ontop of that i have a 1000msg bundle on o2 which which works out at 3p /text or 12p per mms msg whether its video or picture so its pretty cheap. :lol:

Guest Confucious

That's not to bad a price - I have 30 text messages in my bundle so if I use them all it will take me just over 3 years to use 1000!

email on the other hand....

Hope you all get your problems sorted soon but this is one subject where I know nothinng about so can't help (some people might say I know nothing about the subjects I try to help on but that's another matter :lol:)

• 3 months later...
Guest macjasp
Help...

my phone is set up fully for media messages. I can send and recieve photo messages and send video messages, HOWEVER i cannot recieve video messages, when i recieve a video message i get a media message that has no clip attached, and then i get a text on my phone from o2 (im with o2 by the way) saying:

"You have recieved a media message with an object your mobile doesnt support. To see a copy, login as normal on www.o2.co.uk and go to Inbox in Media Messaging."

has anyone had the same problem and resolved it?

can anyone help me?

thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, newbie everyone - !

i get this message too on my new SP3i - did this ever get resolved? Do i need to speak to o2 and tell them something to allow me to receive video mms?