WhoCall..another caller id app [beta2.7]

Guest Vector

Guest dchurch24

You have to put the images in the 'pict' folder, and name then the phone number of the person(s) calling eg. 07899876543.jpg. When the number 07899876543 calls you, that picture will display. It was mentioned in an earlier post, but like most blokes; only read the instuctions when all else fails :)

i am encountering a problem, pls help me... i followed the instructions and when the person i assigned a picture calls.. it only flashes for about half a second then the picture disappears, and it goes back to normal... is it really suppose to work like this?

Guest DJHope
i am encountering a problem, pls help me... i followed the instructions and when the person i assigned a picture calls.. it only flashes for about half a second then the picture disappears, and it goes back to normal... is it really suppose to work like this?

I get this too is their any solution?

Worked out why it is! Dosnt help tho! It wont display the picuture if any of the contact has +44 in front of it! Solve one problem and get another :)

DJ Hope

ok, i've heard what you said :)

i'm currently working on an editor to assign picture to contact (include specific ringtones as well)

remember that this app is still on beta stage this mean that i'm still working on it....

anyway i'm really interrested about all your feedback about how it behaves in your country (since i'm in France, i'm only able to test with french calls)

anyway i'm pleased that you 'mostly' like it ;)

Guest ClintEastman

Sounds like it's going to be well worth $5!!!

Galaga any thoughts on getting it signed? As we might find the loophole plugged REAL SOON!!

Guest Coolboy1982

Now with this prog, we could use the avatars of other people of the forum

and associate them with their numbers (if they give them to us!)!

That would give you enough "friends"!

ONLY A JOKE!!!

Just emagine how many calls the moderators would get, if they'd release

their numbers.

Guest Galaga
ok, i've heard what you said :)

i'm currently working on an editor to assign picture to contact (include specific ringtones as well)

remember that this app is still on beta stage this mean that i'm still working on it....

anyway i'm really interrested about all your feedback about how it behaves in your country (since i'm in France, i'm only able to test with french calls)

anyway i'm pleased that you 'mostly' like it ;)

For there is no confusion = Ceb is the developer of this application…

And YES, the application will be signed by Orange before being sold. (just 5$)

Guest Charlie Mouse

Is it just me or has anyone else found that the backlight stays on after it has received a call and displayed a picture? I know its only a beta so if this is a known issue then fair enough, its just that no-one has mentioned it before...

Its still damn good though!!!

Guest chocobogo

Ok got the app working very cool!!!

One thing

I have sized my images to what you said 176*200 and tried to do a bit of a design.

the thing is when the caller calls the top and bottom menus remain so some of the pic is cut off.

Just wondering if you had any tips on the size and also how to keep good quality. when the pic comes up it is very pixelated and looks bad!!

Just wodering if anyone is working on a template in psp or photoshop format with a cool design so that all u need to do is add a layer and add the pic of the person u want to put in!!!

That would be class

Cheers

Excellent app

Guest DJHope

Yeh this is easierly the best pic2caller app! Even though it dosnt display pic for more than 1/2 seond unless theirs a missed call on the home screen (you havnt gone to the call list) for me!

Even so i like its simplisity too the other pic2caller app was horrible, also i like makin the pics full screen thats beautiful!

DJ Hope

Looks cool, im not at home to try it though. Could someone possible place the cab file on the net (not in a zip file) so i could download from my spv and install strraight from the net??? Really wanna try this app. Cheers guys (n gals)

Guest neilfenstein

OK, by accident I found that the image is just loaded on top of the standard incoming call screen. If you reduce your piccy to a height of 95 pixels and width of at least 80 pixels you get a result like the screen grab below.

This is a bit of a bodge but with those of us interested in the registry tweak that changes this incoming call display the results could be pretty cool.

Grab.jpg

the backlight issue was a beta1 known bug

the beta2 was out this morning it corrected this issue and other

beta3 is on its way :) , it should solve the problemwith picture displaying only 1/2 seconds

while i'm at it, any other request?

how about a cab file to install the app? i really wanna use it but cant cos i dont have access to my cradle, so i wanted to install over the net direct to my spv

Guest neilfenstein

I dont think that would work as the program would have to call 2 images and this program wouldn't do that!

However if you have seen the Xbox full theme where other screens on the phone are changed with registry tweaks. You could build a template into that reg tweak. So that the original background is different and then when the small picture is loaded in it can fit the backgrounds template and this will enable display of number, picture and still use this simple and non-memory consuming program.

Cant do it now im busy but may do reg. tweaks tomorrow and make groovy background and take screen capture!! :)