WhoCall..another caller id app [beta2.7]

Guest Vector

Guest martin

I can connect to smartphony.org but can't I access the file (page temporarily unavailable). Suspect they may have stopped access for the moment ?

Are others having this problem and has this file been copied to any other sites for download ?

Guest aiwapro

This is a great application. I like this 'Who Call' alot. It doesn't slow down the SPV, and it performs great.

I think that if somehow we could move the picture to the left side, then we could whether it was mobile or home, or whatever. Atleast on mine, the picture is on the right side, but if it was on the left, then we could see the 'm' for mobile and 'h' for home, or whatever else you may have selected.

Guest midnight

yeh, but then it would go over the phone number :wink:

the best way around this would be to use some kind of transparency, gif or png, or even have the info for the display (line no., name, number, and home/office/mobile or whatever) as a seperate editable xml file. The WhoCall app is already getting the info for the number, maybe its possible to get the other info. Then you simply overlay the new info over the top of the old info and we can lay the screens out how we want. (just a thought)

Guest priccijr

My pictures don't show when the call comes in.

Also is this program not signed yet because my phone is not DE-certed and the program runs on it. At least it shows up when I get a call

Guest Thurstan

Seems not to work sometimes...

Do you need to activate the app every time you turn the phone off and on again?

I think there could be a problem concerning people calling your Line 1 and 2 numbers, though I can't confirm this as sometimes it seems to work and other times it doesn't.

Guest lutzh

@aiwapro:

here's a cool hint: create a white incall.gif (just like midnights xbox incall.gif) and place it under ipsm. then do the registry tweak like midnight says (go to midnights page for the photoshop tut and registry tweak info). then create caller pics in size of 75x75 pixel. this pics will appear in the right corner on the bottom of the site and therefore you'll see the numer/location/name of the caller....

its even possible to make round pics or wider ones (176 x 75 if you have a "big mama")....

cheers, lutz

Guest midnight

Or, just do what i do, I have seperate pictures for home/office etc anyway so you simply write 'home', 'office' etc onto the picture, doesnt matter if you go over the text now :wink:

Of course, you could do an almost full screen picture for each contact, then you just write the number and name directly onto the contact picture aswell, prolly take up quite a lot of room on your sd card after a while tho :lol:

Guest priccijr

I get the program to come up with a call. I made the folder "pict" in my SD card. I inported a .jpg and named it the phone number of the caller in three different ways 1401XXXXXXX, 401XXXXXXX and just the 7 digit number and no luck. I put the program in my IPSMWindowsStartup folder like I said the program works just no Pics.

Any help?

Guest midnight

how do you know the program works if you get no pics? :wink:

anyways, the picture should be named the same as the phone number that apperas when someone calls you, so, in my case, all +44 numbers are removed, and the number that shows is 01XXXXXXXXX and it is this number the picture should be named.

Guest priccijr

I know it works because the screen shows the Whocall screen when I receive a call just not the picture I set as the phone number. Does your phone have to be de-certfied for this to work because mine isn't.

Guest midnight

and you have the pictures in the pict dir on your SD card?

yeh, i presume you need a de-certified phone, cant see this being signed seeing as its a beta

Guest midnight

yeh, that is strange, it should warn you if it isnt certed

anyway, if you have jpg files in the pict folder named correctly then really thats all you can do, if it doesnt work then it will never work

why dont you just de-ccert your phone? it opens up a whole new world of software and tweaks :wink:

i couldnt go back to a standard phone now, if the next update removes the decertification then i aint updating, i dont care what extra software they bundle with it to entice us

Guest priccijr

Can't de-cert, PM'd back and forth with Will about his de-cert program for some reason my phone version is different from everyone else's. AS starts to late to do the de-cert.

Guest midnight

downer, although, wouldnt surprise me if Will was trying to sort that out, some kind of dirty nasty way of connecting even before activesync starts

it seems that some users in France are having problem establishing a GPRS connection while the app is running (beta 2.5)

do you guys have the same problem?

Guest mchristie2

Am i being ultra thick here in saying that the picture only flashes up for 1/2 a second then dissapears ?? Is there anyway it can show until the call is answered ?? Ive checked the thread and cant see any response to DJ Hopes comments ???

Sorry if im being daft !!!! :oops: