Screwed up my mpx220

Guest SnakeEyes5

Guest SnakeEyes5

Hi all, I'm new to this site and I really need some help here. I think I messed up my phone settings. How you ask? Well I was on the phone today with my original wireless phone provider in canada by the way. Anyways, I was having problems setting up internet and things. So the rep on the phone said that he would reset the settings for my phone (which I told him was motorola 333) just incase they said that I couldn't have my mpx220 on there network. So about 2 hours passed and I noticed that I was running low on battery power from surfing the web on phone. Then low battery signal came up a couple times. Then phone went dead. So I turned it back on and got a black screen saying something about beta something or another. Can't remember exactly. Phone shut off completely after 2 minutes since battery was dry. So when I got home after work, I noticed that I couldn't get into my phone setting at all. Nothing nada zilch. I keep getting error message saying " the settings could not be opened" I on;y seem to get this message in the settings listing. Everything else seems to work ie: internet explorer, WMV etc etc. but the time had reset to 01/01/04 12.00am phone was on silent since I was at work and it is currently still on silent cuz it won't change. Worst of all I don't know how to reset my phone. Can someone please help me cuz I think I just screwed up my new phone. p.s how do you get into the phones registry also.

:lol: :D ;) :D

Guest sclui56

Turn off the phone, then hold down the ACTION button while turn it on, you will see a screen where you can only answer YES or NO, go ahead & answer YES and it should reload your phone to its virgin state.

Guest SnakeEyes5

Ok so it was getting stuck after the mobile operator logo showed. Everything is ok now though as that evenually went away and then phone went to homepage. I can finally get into my settings again. Thanks a bunch. I just have one more question however. When you attempt to use actice sync, do you get any error messages. Cuz I just can't seem to get my damn phone to sync up with my comp. I want to load photo contacts but I need to sync up. It keeps saying... please wait while searching for mobile device. Then it can not seem to recognize the port that bluetooth connect to phone. any info on this one?

Guest sclui56

Are you running A/S 3.7.1? I had that error when I was linking to my laptop the first time as it was running an older version of the A/S (older version has no infor on the MPx220, along with some other newer devices).

Guest crash123

I've heard people have A LOT of problems with bluetooth synching. look here in the forums for some of the discussions on how to get bluetooth setup. I never did get it working with the mpx220 I had for about two weeks. Try using USB.