Stuck in headset mode & tried all suggestions have seen

Guest mrrossi

Guest mrrossi

Hullo

My poor old SPV (original model) has been sitting in a drawer unloved for 9 months because it got stuck in handsfree / headset mode. Then I found all these great solutions (mainly the article by Gears at http://www.coolsmartphone.com/index.php?op...d=58&Itemid=3#) and thought whahey I can revive my SPV!

The matchstick and WD40 solution worked initially - suddenly I had sound back and it was in 'normal' mode - great! Unfortunatley, after having the phone turned off and charging overnight I turned it on the next day to find it had reverted to headset mode. Ggggrrrr.

Fiddled a bit more with teh WD40 and matchstick but can't get teh sound back again.

So I installed the PHM registry editor and switched Active Profile to 'Normal' as per article previously mentioned. Yes, the phone was now is 'Normal' profile and I was able to select other profiles (unable to do previously) BUT I still have no sound.... rebooted, and the bleedin' thing had picked up headset mode again.

Hhnnnggghhh. I tried (foolish) deleting the automatic and headset profiles from the registry too in the hope that on reboot it couldn't possibly pick up these modes.... it now shows no mode ticked whatsoever (guess it still tries to use headset but cannot show as it's been deleted).

Any body know of any other registry settings I could try? (or how to get back the other profiles I deleted in case this causes problems?)

Cheers!

Mr Rossi

Guest awarner [MVP]

Welcome to the site :lol:

Any body know of any other registry settings I could try?

The headset profile bug is a hardware problem and is not repairable in

the registry.

Guest awarner [MVP]

I can use the phone for spares though :lol:

Unfortunately the only way to fix this is to either replace the jack socket

of try to take the phone apary and play with the connections.

keep on fiddling with the jack. it will pop-out eventually. try different angles. i had the same problem but i read this one suggestion about a certain different angle which i tried and worked! im now back to normal mode but stopped using the jack for fear of the problem recurring.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...
Guest lonegunman

I have just remove the headset socket from a dead board, if you are felling brave you are more that welcome to it, it was working before the phone went for a swim.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Answer Answer
I have just remove the headset socket from a dead board, if you are felling brave you are more that welcome to it, it was working before the phone went for a swim.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

turn off the phone., remove the battery, sim & storage card..., then blow as hard as you can on the sucket of the headset,... den place all the battery sim... back on,. turn it On,. then POOF! its back,.. always work 4 my phone,.

Guest stevewooding

With this problem with the headset socket and the screen dust problem too, how did this make it to market? Or am I just being naive in the face of a 'it's mostly OK - launch it now and we'll deal with the problems later' mentality? :?:

Steve

Guest stevewooding

Just to let y'all know - I phoned Orange yesterday with my headset profile problem and got a shiny new handset delivered by courier today - a silver one no less (though I actually think I prefer the black...), which also cured my screen dust problem too!

Steve

Guest gtisfly

I have used a flat style toothpick to fix this problem. Insert it and twisted it back and fourth a few times. In fact, when I owned an original SPV I used to keep a few in my bag because it happened no less than twice a week!

Good luck. Just keep fiddling with it, it will release.

Guest ralph.db

Hi, I had this problem, all solutions failed. Eventually I resorted to removing the (damaged) headphone socket and hard wiring the remaining solder pads (this requires a very steady hand and some soldering skill).The phone returned to normal functionality, but obviously using any type of headset is out of the question. It is a last resort but cheaper than a new phone ( I figured). :?:

Hullo

My poor old SPV (original model) has been sitting in a drawer unloved for 9 months because it got stuck in handsfree / headset mode. Then I found all these great solutions (mainly the article by Gears at http://www.coolsmartphone.com/index.php?op...d=58&Itemid=3#) and thought whahey I can revive my SPV!

The matchstick and WD40 solution worked initially - suddenly I had sound back and it was in 'normal' mode - great! Unfortunatley, after having the phone turned off and charging overnight I turned it on the next day to find it had reverted to headset mode. Ggggrrrr.

Fiddled a bit more with teh WD40 and matchstick but can't get teh sound back again.

So I installed the PHM registry editor and switched Active Profile to 'Normal' as per article previously mentioned. Yes, the phone was now is 'Normal' profile and I was able to select other profiles (unable to do previously) BUT I still have no sound.... rebooted, and the bleedin' thing had picked up headset mode again.

Hhnnnggghhh. I tried (foolish) deleting the automatic and headset profiles from the registry too in the hope that on reboot it couldn't possibly pick up these modes.... it now shows no mode ticked whatsoever (guess it still tries to use headset but cannot show as it's been deleted).

Any body know of any other registry settings I could try? (or how to get back the other profiles I deleted in case this causes problems?)

Cheers!

Mr Rossi

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest mrrossi
Hi, I had this problem, all solutions failed. Eventually I resorted to removing the  (damaged) headphone socket and hard wiring the remaining solder pads (this requires a very steady hand and some soldering skill).The phone returned to normal functionality, but obviously using any type of headset is out of the question. It is a last resort but cheaper than a new phone ( I figured). :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks everyone - Mr D. I shall try your soldering trick but I will most likely destroy my old SPV!

Eventually got around to buying a new black C500 - booootiful.

Except I plugged the headphones in last night - and they didn't work!!! Arrrggghh! Stayed in speaker mode - no matter how much fiddling (and bear in mind didn't want to break my new phone and get THAT stuck in headphone mode) - couldn't get in to go into headphone mode. I thought they would have fixed this by now???

Okay, so I guess I now have to carry around both SPVs with me - the one stuck in headphone mode to listen to my mp3s and the one stuck in normal mode to make calls!!

What a farce :roll:

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Guest ajeet
Hi, I had this problem, all solutions failed. Eventually I resorted to removing the (damaged) headphone socket and hard wiring the remaining solder pads (this requires a very steady hand and some soldering skill).The phone returned to normal functionality, but obviously using any type of headset is out of the question. It is a last resort but cheaper than a new phone ( I figured). :?:

please tell me which wires need to be hard wired by soldering i am having c500 and the audio socket is removed now. I want to come back to Normal profile.

• 2 months later...