HeaDPHONES

Guest cdrusso

Guest cdrusso

Anyone know where i can get a new pair of headphones for my e200 as i lost my others and the ones which you buy for your walkman or MD dont fit and a handsfree headphone set wont fit any ideas

• 3 weeks later...

90p infact

i advise you invest in 20-30 quid headphones

this will make music unbelievably good and bassy

dont get them cheapy £5 ones, u can hear distortion!

You need the adapter but the Sennheiser mx500 / 550's are great for phones and other portable media players. £15 from Argos (Extra) or available pretty much anywhere online.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yarod_g14

Hey people,

Hope everyone is cool. A few months ago I went on a little mission to get some decent sounds coming out my E200. I did a lot of research and visited many shops and web sites looking for the perfect adapter and headphones.

After much thought I have come to these products:

(see pic)

I got an Adapter from....expansys if I remember rightly (I bought a couple of different ones). The adapter is a right angle jobbie so it doesn't want to break like the ones I used to buy from Maplins. This adapter allows me to talk in the bottom of my phone and hear people in stereo which stop my ears from itching if I hold the phone close to my head for long conversations.

The headphones are Sony's flagship in the ear MDR-EX71. These are completely different to any I have used before. The ear buds (they are rubber buds-not smokable.....) are completely maliable and dont have any hard parts in them. This means that they fit inside you ear canal (a tiny bit) and dont just sit in the cartilage. This makes them soooo much more comfortable. I can wear these all day without a problem. The design not only means that they effectively seal the sound in your ears but.....my god you should check the bass on these mutha's. I listen to a lot of Nas and other hip hop and these phones make my music 10 times more enjoyable.

I tried to use my orignal headphones after getting comfrtabl with these and I could not believe I used to use them, the hard plastic feels unnatural stuck on the outside of your ear cartilage and they sound like "tin cans and string".

I cannot recommend these enough. Who ever tries these phones ends up buying some as they are (as far) as I can tell unparrelled in the ear phones that have a higher response frequencies than any other of their type.

Apple has just released a pair that are virtually exactly the same to replace their old flat (pants in my opinion) headphones from their Ipod.

ex71.jpg

Guest RichieRich

Hey Yarod,

I've got that exact same combo, E200, that lead and those cans!!! And you're right the sony's are far superior to anything else I 've ever heard!!!!!

Nice to know I never just got lucky!!!!

RR :wink:

p.s. Also rocking the Nas album at the mo, and with this setup, it does just that....IT ROCKS!!!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
...my god you should check the bass on these mutha's.  I listen to a lot of Nas and other hip hop and these phones make my music 10 times more enjoyable. 
Guys,

I'd be interested to know what software you are using to listen to your music with. I resisted the temptation to use my E200 for music because I feared it wouldn't live up to my exacting standards... :)

But I have just upgraded to a C500, with a bigger memory card and am keen to see if I can get a reasonable sound out of the thing. I now have an adaptor, but using my headphones the reproduction is still tinny and weak, even after tweaking the equaliser within Betaplayer. These headphones are not a match for the EX71s that you mention (I have tried them out and they are very good) but they do give an excellent sound from my Minidisc player.

I really want to believe that my phone will be able to produce a decent sound and then I could quite happily rest the Minidisc and get myself a decent set of headphones, but none of the software I have tried has convinced me yet.

Am I asking too much?

Guest bluemeat
Anyone know where i can get a new pair of headphones for my e200 as i lost my others and the ones which you buy for your walkman or MD dont fit and a handsfree headphone set wont fit  any ideas

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bought a replacement SonyEriccson set from the local dodgy shop. They're better than the HTC provided ones, and the button works as well.

I believe N-Gage stuff works as well.

Guest kev6eel

I also bought the Sony EX71's and they are great. Far better sounds and much more comfortable to use.

The Maplins adapter I use is a bit naff (poor connections, etc) so I think I will go for the cable type Yarod shows in his photo (from Expansys).

Cheers,

Kevin

A new C500 User

Guest specialbrew

Does anyone know the product code of the Expansys adapter? I've tried a few different 2.5>3.5 jobs, but none so far have fit the e200 properly, either by sliding out too easily or not engaging with the stereo contacts properly.

ta