about my findings in the e200 camera API

Guest a15184

Hi people!

like many people in this forum I'm also looking forward to use the buit-in camera in the e200! Neil Cowburn posted his code that uses the Camera.exe program in the phone, but that isnt answer fo what I need : I need to analyse each frame that is previewed, and I havent found a way of doing this with Neil's code..

So, having this in mind, I started to explore a bit, knowing that it's an almost impossible task to get the full API or even a part, but I had to give it a try!.. after dumping all the contents of the latest ROM (2.7.7.1 i guess) into my harddrive, i started to look at the dependencies of the camera.exe app and found out that it apparently uses HTCCamera1.dll and not HTCCamera.dll. Using both Camera_Init (and trying to guess arguments and return value with my mystic powers ahahaaha, i.e. unch!), functions in each one I get native exceptions (Im using Interop with C#). but with tottaly different adresses...

After running a disassembly (my knowldge in assembly is also quite limited) in the HTCCamera1.dll, I saw some references to BICamera.dll as well..

Anyone out there with any experience in reverse engineering?? we need you to try to understand which are the arguments and return values of the functions!

and that was it!

P.S. Im tired of seeing references to a PDF document that Orange released in their developer site describing or at least give some hints about the camera API. Does anyone still has that? I cant seem to find it anywhere!

Thanks