Boulderdash for Smartphone

Guest awarner

Guest awarner [MVP]

Peekie noticed this on www.clickgamer.com

The age old classic Boulder Dash has now been released for the Smartphone :lol:

bd_sp_title.jpg

Game Summary :

Boulder Dash®- Extreme™ - series are the first official Boulder Dash sequels ever developed for your PDA and Smartphone.

Description :

Boulder Dash®-Extreme™ - series are the first official Boulder Dash® sequels ever developed for PDAs and SmartPhones. This heart pumping, state of the art action game introduces us to Rocky™ and Crystal™ the children of the star of the original game: Rockford™. Join them on their journey through new exciting worlds as they search for treasure... Beautiful hand-drawn graphics, intense soundtracks and mind boggling level solutions are only part of the surprises and excitement awaiting Boulder Dash® fanatics and newbies alike.

Features:

Exciting new game features such as remote controlled gates toggled; 90° rotation of the screen; many new enemies; growing amoebas and deadly lava; tricky doors and keys; and much more...

5 new worlds (Candy Land; Swamp World; Mexican Desert; Arctic Iceland and Scary Cemetery).

100 Game levels and 20 Tutorial levels.

New tools and weapons including detonators and dynamite; timed

bombs; the ability to kick objects and boulder-smashing

hammers.

Save/load game feature which lets you save and continue your game anytime/anywhere!

Eight 'beamable' slave slots! and many more...

Price for Smartphone . . . $19.99 | £10.80 | €15.40

This is one game I played years ago let's hope it continues with the same style of gameplay that made the original become a classic.

crystaldetonator_lowframe180.gificeland.jpgrockybomb_lowframe180.gif

More information ClickGamer.com

:shock:  That's a rediculous amount to pay for a mobile game.

surely that depends on how good the game actually is ? if it's a good game that u play for hours and hours, is it really too expensive?

Guest beersoft

the price seems ok

i remember paying 12.99 for my original copy of boulderdash way back when so just over a tenner isn't that bad

it is a great game but repton was better

later

Owen

Guest Confucious

I'm glad I'm not the only one who think's it's expensive.

I thought Eclipse was expensive (but bought it anyway and am glad I did) and together with Jawbreaker that sees to all my gaming needs :lol:

worms was also expensive when it first came out but the price dropped abit , as do a lot of games hands up who bought a playstation for the full price when it came out the first time now look how much it is :wink: :wink: :wink:

Downloaded this and installed the demo version of it as I was a big fan of Boulderdash, it installed ok on my E100 but when I start the game all I get is the loading screen then it goes back to the games folder :lol:

Anyone else had this problem?

Guest pisquee

Gotta agree with beersoft about repton - superior software have launched this and other games for PC, although they now call themselves superior interactive, and also market their games to mobile phones, don't think they have anything for MS phones yet though. If repton was released for smartphone i would part with a tenner i think.

Try freeing up some memory on your phone, either use http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=7065>Task Manager or  

just reboot your phone.

I did that awarner but now it locks the phone completely with a message saying I have low memory and I have to pull the battery off to shut it down :lol:

When I rebooted the phone and checked Task Manager it says 52% Phys memory free I guess that's not enough ho hum.

Guest flyswat

I had the same problem with the memory, I have a E100 phone.

The only way I managed to get the thing to load is by creating a speed dial for the game and then re-starting and immediately loading the game using the speed dial, not via the menu structure, so as little as possible is in the memory.

I take it most people who have tried this game have windows mobile 2003 (or whatever name the OS is called). It's a good job the makers tested the game on various phones........

I still prefer the version of boulderdash for the speccy, it may have had simple graphics, but it looked so much better!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

surely that depends on how good the game actually is ? if it's a good game that u play for hours and hours, is it really too expensive?

:-k Yes :lol:

£10 for an album; an old game for a console or PC; a pie and a pint; but a little game for a mobile phone? Nah. I bought Eclipse: First Wave and that's about my limit for a game for a mobile device. Sorry. :oops:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.