Anyone with an XBOX can you help?

Guest kurtfhouse

Guest kurtfhouse

Do you know how I can get my xbox to play multiregion games?

I bought Halo from 'Game' today second hand as I thought I would complete that before I bought Halo 2, got it home and the damn machine won't play it as its the wrong region!

Am not happy :cry:

Thanks in advance for any help, for info my xbox is about 2 years old and is a standard UK model with no mods.

Cheers

Then forget about Halo2 :lol:

No. Not true. It only matters if you are running XBOX Live, which he did not indicate. I'm running a highly modded xbox and I have halo2 going fine. I'm even running it straight off my hard-drive with no disc inserted. (I have installed a 128 GB HD in mine)

Guest Flubster

Yeah, I sat all day on sat (I'm a really bad solderer) and installed an X3 in xbox. Best thing I've ever done. I'm in the UK and have a US xbox, finally got annoyed at having to wait 4 days after release for tronix to finally send me my game and decided to mod the box to play pal games, the addition of a 160gig maxtor drive makes it perfect. Dunno why I didn't do this year or so back!

xecuter rox my box

Flubster

Guest Colonel Trouble

My gamertag on live is Col Trouble so feel free to add me.

Cant you take back the halo you bought to game as a return under the grounds that it isnt a pal version and so they shouldnt really have sold you it ?

If not just buy it new for £20 ..

Modding xbox isnt a good idea if you want to go on live (and when you get halo2 , trust me you will :lol:) . Even if you mod your xbox and give it a switch to turn the chip on and off for live usage , if you have a bigger HD than standard in xboxs , MS can now detect these oversized drives and ban people from live because only modded xbox's have the larger drives.

Hope that was some help!

Guest hotphil

I sense an interesting lawsuit coming if MS invades people's privacy and interrogates Xbox's to check HDD size.

A word of warning to anyone thinking of chipping - get a pro to do it. I know of people who have had to buy a new Xbox following soldering/fitting accidents.

Guest Colonel Trouble
I sense an interesting lawsuit coming if MS invades people's privacy and interrogates Xbox's to check HDD size. 

MS have stated that they arent interested in sueing individual users , but the are going to just ban them from tthe xbox live service because a level playing field is the most important thing , and the chance to cheat with a chipped xbox is possible.

Also the users cat counter sue MS becuase its in the agreement that you must agree to to sign up to live at the start.

Guest kurtfhouse

Sorted the problem took it back to the shop and swapped for a pal version :D

Can't wait to get Halo 2, always knew I'd get it but thought I should quickly complete Halo first to get a feel for the story.

Anyone hear know if there are any plans for a Splinter Cell 3? I LOVE the first two but don't really follow the latest news etc....(perhaps I should!)

pwest13, yeah I do have a baby to look after, I am training him up young! Its gonna be great when he is old enough to play against, the Mrs is no fun :lol:

I don't get why MS care about people modding THEIR XBOX, I mean once you buy it its yours and you can do what you want with it!!

I don't like the idea that MS are checking for hard drive size either, thats invasion of privacy or something :evil:

I am yet to play on Live anyway as I have only just got a broadband connection but will give it a whirl soon.

Cheers for your replies guys ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Colonel Trouble
I don't like the idea that MS are checking for hard drive size either, thats invasion of privacy or something

Its in the terms and conditions which you have to accept in order to sign up to xbox live :)

OK, it is true that if you upgrade your DVD drive, HDD or EPROM after registering on XBox Live then MS can (and probably will) ban you for life.

There is a way around this, and that is to chip your console and u/g the HDD (remembering to lock it) before registering on-line.

I know people who did it this way around and they have been playing XBL for months with no problems... ofcourse they still need to turn the chip off and have an original copy of the the XBL game for this to work.

If somebody has been banned, find a friend who has an xbox and no intention of ever using XBL, you can then nick their EPROM and register. Not sure exactly how to do this, read an article about it though.

HTH

P