HELLO from sunny Benidorm!

Guest shadamehr

Guest shadamehr

Just as quick, off topic post, to say a "Hello" from sunny Benidorm, where I am currently whiling away my time on holiday.

It´s a sad reality that even whilst away on holiday, I still need my regular fix of Modaco - oh dear ;-)

Hopefully, if GPRS Roaming has worked properly, you SHOULD be able to see the view from my apartment, 21 storeys up, with an amazing view of Benidorm, down below, as my Moblog signature.

Oh well, must go sink some beers... Catch you all later.

Shadamehr.

Guest shadamehr

Well, AWarner, I think I got a bit carried away and had one for just about EVERY Modaco member last night, cos I am nursing the WORST hangover today...

Groan...

Guest the_ugly_north

"GPRS roaming"? Jeez, that will hurt. :shock:

I used it once before whilst on holiday in Ireland and it cost £15 per MB. I went 5 miles up the road (still in the south) and picked up O in Northern Ireland (8-ish miles away) and got it as part of my normal GPRS bundle. Went up that road a lot.............

Guest shadamehr

Hi Guys...

Just a VERY quick post cos I am like, JUST back from Hols, and SOOOOOOOO much to do, so a very quick post to say I'm back...

Hopefully my bill won't be TOOOOO huge when it arrives, as I er, DID hammer my phone a bit with texts back to UK, and a fair few MMS too, but I never made any voice calls, and had answerphone divert on to avoid incurring receive costs too. Also guys, I'm on O2 not Orange remember, so that throws a spanner in the works too - oops.

Mono mate, I never went Hotels... We just got dirt cheap EasyJet flights, and booked a Self Catering Apartment for two for £130 for a week - total holiday cost for 2 people = £301

The Apartments were the Vacenza Complex, in the northern, slightly hilly part of Benidorm, up from the indoor market, Burger King and Macdonalds (north end of new town).

They are very new, and get mixed reviews - but we got REALLY lucky - we got the MAIN tower itself, which is nice, and were on the top floor, 21st Floor (bar the penthouse above), and had a beautiful view of Benidorm - real pics from a camera, not the C500, to follow here soon hopefully.

And most importantly, even in Spain, in November, the weather can be poor on occasions...

But it's been absolutley gorgeous for us all week we were there...

Makes being home such a chore *lol*

Ah well, of to finish unpacking, and AWarner, I'll start back 'to work' tomorrow hopefully mate.

Guest Disco Stu

Shadamehr, did you swim in the sea ?

I've just had a week in Valencia and had the beaches all to myself. It was a bit breezy but the sea was warm enough once you'd got over the initial shock !