C500 Plugins

Guest wardy

From the Posts in the search , I can see the thread where Crafty is talking about customising it but the thread ends with no tutorial .

Shame , I really wanted to try and upload it to my SP3i when it arrives.

Thanks for the help guys.

You won't be able to 'upload' the c500 plugin to your sp3i. The plugin is hard coded into the orange rom, & cannot be copied or modified at all really. The tutorial crafty did was just about how to change the icons, and add a few things, but the c500 plugin has effectively been designed so that it cannot be customised. Which is a bummer!

Seems odd that you couldn't find the tutorial - did you look at craftys c500 mac theme?

Dooh , thats not good ....

I really like the Orange Homescreen.

I will look again under the search , :oops: sorry I have been a member for a while but have only just returned to using a smartphone... Just finding my feet ..

So I guess the only way to get a homescreen like Orange's is to write one myself ? A little bit out of my league but I'll have a go.

Thanks for all your advice guys :lol:

Hi DrBlow ,

Been playing around, trying to get the files off the phone . I see a post were a guy says he managed to copy them to his SD card . I can't seem to do this as they are file protected.

Still sent him a PM . Would be esier if I had these files otherwise it means starting from scratch. I guess Orange have copyright on this so if I start from scratch it would be better .

Will post when I have more to give .

Cheers

Wardy

Guest lighthouse82

the other way you could get the orange homescreen is to get an orange phone!! it's their copyright and therefore the USP of the C500 as against other HTC Typhoon models. I agree with what you're about to say: it's a shame O don't make a phone based on the Feeler. It seems that it's STILL not possible to get a mobile with everything - you always end up making a compromise. :lol:

• 1 month later...
Guest Holdings
Hi DrBlow ,

Been playing around, trying to get the files off the phone . I see a post were a guy says he managed to copy them to his SD card . I can't seem to do this as they are file protected.

Still sent him a PM . Would be esier if I had these files otherwise it means starting from scratch. I guess Orange have copyright on this so if I start from scratch it would be better .

Will post when I have more to give .

Cheers

Wardy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is on way of exporting the files contained in the Orange ROM, if you have embedded visual C++ installed you can use the remote file viewer to extract the files even though they are protected