Help - Tesco Mobile GPRS

Guest vyizis

I've just got an e100 and I've been trying to set up the gprs settings for it on a Tesco Mobile sim and i just cant get it to work. Anyone on here had this combination working or know something i could try??

Thanks

Vyizis

They do have a gprs service and this is all the infomation i can find but im not sure how i would enter this into the phone.

Homepage: http://wap.tesco-mobile.com/

APN address (contract): prepay.tesco-mobile.com

Gateway (IP) address : 193.113.200.195

Username : tescowap

Password: password

Session type: Continuous / permanent

Port number: 9201

Authentication: Normal

Thanks

Vyizis

vyizis

You just need to create a GPRS connection and a proxy connection. Try the following settings and see if it works OK :lol:

Proxy connection:

Description: Tesco proxy

Connects from: The Internet

Connects to: Wap Network

Proxy(name:port): 193.113.200.195:8080

Type: HTTP

Username:

Password:

GPRS Connection:

Description: Tesco GPRS WAP

Connects to: The Internet

Access point: prepay.tesco-mobile.com

Username: tescowap

Password: password

Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0

Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0

I.P address: blank

In the main data connections menu.

WAP connection: Tesco GPRS WAP

In Internet explorer, Menu-Options-Connections, Untick 'automatically detect settings' and make 'Select network: WAP network'.

• 6 months later...
Guest dalcom
Using those settings i can get to the tesco mobile home page but no other sites web or wap? Any ideas

Thanks

Vyizis

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's a matter of Browser's proxy settings. I had the same problem using both the NetFront and the Opera browsers:

The Web settings are to be completed by setting the browsers to use the connection properly. Most browsers like NetFront and Opera need to be set to use proxies.

For NetFront:

1. Press the Menu button (large button underneath the green call button).

2. Scroll to ‘www’, then press the Navi key to select and wait for the browser to be loaded.

3. Press Options (left softkey), then highlight ‘Settings’ and press the Navi key to select.

4. Scroll right until you reach the tab 'Connection'.

5. Highlight ‘Default connection’, then press the Navi key to select. Highlight ‘on’, then press the Navi key to select. Highlight ‘TESCO GPRS WAP’, then press the Navi key to select.

6. Highlight ‘Enable proxy’, If it's set to 'No' then press the Navi key to switch to 'Yes'.

7. Highlight ‘Proxy host’, then press the Navi key to select. Enter '193.113.200.195' then press OK (left softkey).

8. Highlight ‘HTTP Proxy port’, then press the Navi key to select. Enter '8080' then press OK (left softkey).

9. Highlight ‘HTTPS Proxy port’, then press the Navi key to select. Enter '8080' then press OK (left softkey).

10. Press Back (right softkey) 3 times to return to the standby screen.

For Opera:

1. Press the Menu button (large button underneath the green call button).

2. Scroll to ‘www’ (the Opera browser application), then press the Navi key to select and wait for the browser to be loaded.

3. If a message talking about days left for evaluation periods appears, press Options (left softkey), highlight 'Continue trial' then press the Navi key to select.

4. Press Options (left softkey), then highlight ‘Settings (8)’ and press the Navi key to select.

5. Scroll right until you reach the tab 'General'.

6. Highlight ‘Connection’, then press the Navi key to select. Highlight ‘Use default’, then press the Navi key to select.

7. Highlight 'Default connection' then press the Navi key to select. Highlight ‘TESCO GPRS WAP’, then press the Navi key to select.

8. Scroll right to reach the tab 'Advanced'.

9. Highlight ‘Enable proxy’, If it's set to 'Off' then press the Navi key to switch to 'On'.

10. Highlight ‘HTTP Proxy host’, then press the Navi key to select. Enter '193.113.200.195' then press OK (left softkey).

11. Highlight ‘HTTP Proxy port’, then press the Navi key to select. Enter '8080' then press OK (left softkey).

12. Press OK (left softkey)

13. Press Exit (right softkey) 2 times to return to the standby screen.

• 10 months later...
Guest ex5125
Using those settings i can get to the tesco mobile home page but no other sites web or wap? Any ideas

Thanks

Vyizis

Has anyone managed to crack this as I am getting the same problem too on my Orange SPV C500?

Guest dalcom
Has anyone managed to crack this as I am getting the same problem too on my Orange SPV C500?

The problem should be of the same kind I explained in my post. It's probably a matter of proxy settings, probably inside the browser.

Guest ex5125
The problem should be of the same kind I explained in my post. It's probably a matter of proxy settings, probably inside the browser.

Thanks Dalcom - there are no seperate proxy settings available in the IE browser on the Smartphone. I have therefore set up 2 proxies one for WAP and HTTP in the Connections menu.

All I get is the Tesco Mobile page and that's it ;)

• 1 year later...
Guest andy_p2

I've now set this up on ex-orange C500 and C600 phones, and they can both get to google from tesco's network. I followed Martin's steps verbatim, and it works fine.

The connections are set up in different places on the two phones:

C500 (Smartphone 2003 SE)

Start | Settings | More... | Data Connections

. . . Internet connection = Automatic

. . . WAP connection = Tesco GPRS WAP

. . . Menu | Edit Connections | Proxy Connections

. . . . . . Tesco Proxy = set up according to Martin's instructions

. . . Menu | Edit Connections | GPRS Connections

. . . . . . Tesco GPRS WAP = set up according to Martin's instructions

C600 (Windows Mobile 5)

Start | Settings | Connections

. . . GPRS

. . . . . . Tesco GPRS WAP = set up according to Martin's instructions

. . . Proxy

. . . . . . Tesco Proxy = set up according to Martin's instructions

To avoid 'proxy' problems you must set the browser to use the WAP proxy as its connection, set up the same way on both phones:

Internet Explorer

Menu | Options | Connections

. . . Automatically detect settings = no

. . . Select network = WAP network

• 3 months later...