How to extract subcriber's mobile model?

Guest omerm

Dear Concerned:

I wanted to know that is there any way? if yes then how one can extract its mobile subcriber's Mobile Model? so one can send OTA configuration for GPRS/MMS Settings through SMS Gateway?

P.S: Please help me seriously in this regard.....

Regards

Omer

I think he means phone make and model (as in Orange SPV C500)

yes! i mean phone make and model (as Orange SPV C500)...

May you people help me pleaese?

Waiting for humble reply...

Regards:

Omer

Hello,

sounds like you sit on the operator side... If so just take the IMEI the handset transmits to you. Each IMEI is prefixed by vendor and model (first 6 digits).

Maik

Hello,

sounds like you sit on the operator side... If so just take the IMEI the handset transmits to you. Each IMEI is prefixed by vendor and model (first 6 digits).  

Maik

Yeah we are Mobile Service/Content provider for Mobile Operators.

The really Question is that How to extrat Mobile Make or Mobile Model from this IMEI?

Regards:

Omer

Surely you should be discussing this with the mobile network operators?

Yeah Our mobile Operator is just providing us with its Subscriber's IMEI numbers. The next task to extrat Mobile Model from IMEI is given to us by our client i-e., our mobile operator.

Its important for us to extract Mobile Model from IMEI becasue on analysing Mobile Model we will be able to analys whether this mobile model is GPRS/MMS enabled or net and if the extracted mobile Model is GPRS/MMS enabled then we will easliy do OTA configuration of GPRS/MMS which is surely but truely depends upon the Model of a mobile...

Can anybody help me in this regard?

this assignment is very import for me....

Need sincare help...

Regards:

Omer

Guest nedge2k

Well that all depends...

Im sure everyone could post the first 6 digits of their IMEI and their make/model to help you...but what do we get? Will this be a free service? What else will it provide apart from mms/gprs settings? What network are you working for?

in my E100, as i tried to use the Orneta Tester apps, when i press the MenuShowDevice info keys it shows these;

Information requested:

device info

Result of the query:

OEM info: TAO GRIFFIN

Platform type: Smartphone

Platform name: Tanager Brightpoint Platform

i hope it helps somehow... :lol: