Internet Connectivity

Guest ghandlin

Guest ghandlin

Anyone else having issues with internet connectivity? It's not uncommon (in fact it's more common) that I'll have 3 or 4 GSM bars and not be able to connect. Turn the device off and on and I'm able to connect without any issue. Really rather frustrating especially since the device takes a while to boot up.

Guest rfan622

Not that it helps you any, but I am having the same exact issue. I've posted in a few places, but no one has ever helped. What service are you using BTW? I'm using Cingular.

Guest ghandlin
Not that it helps you any, but I am having the same exact issue.  I've posted in a few places, but no one has ever helped.  What service are you using BTW?  I'm using Cingular.

I'm using Cingular also. I've updated the FW to .342, but that hasn't helped any.

Guest ghandlin
Some people on mpx200.org are saying taht it could be location based.  Where are you located? I'm in the DC area.

I'm north of DC and Baltimore. Very frustrating. :oops:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ghandlin

As an update, I sent my phone back to Cingular and got a new one with the updated 1.3 FW. I'm still experiencing the odd loss of connectivity although it doesn't seem to be quite as frequent. It is frequent enough to still be very frustrating however.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mobilegruven
As an update, I sent my phone back to Cingular and got a new one with the updated 1.3 FW.  I'm still experiencing the odd loss of connectivity although it doesn't seem to be quite as frequent.  It is frequent enough to still be very frustrating however.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder if this is what you are seeing?

Sometimes Internet Explorer will connect and sometimes it just hangs on 'Connecting...'

So, I got sick of that and called Cingular support. First time, the CSR says something about the thing hanging on an antena or some such and recommends taking out the battery and SIM card and waiting 30 seconds... sounds stupid, but it works.

Did that for a couple of days and then called back and this CSR says: Press Start/something/something/something (sorry, forgot what it was) and that works also. So, I call again and explain what I've been told and that it worked, but this isn't acceptable and they send me an exchange-by-mail new phone with 1.3 firmware.

Same problem.

:shock:

Is this an internet browsing thing, an IE thing, a Motorola thing, a Cingular thing??

Damn,

g

Guest Azmyth

I'm having that same problem but i don't think its location based at all. Someone told me that it could be their system not properly closing a session.

I notice this issue when the phone loses its signal for any amount of time. I live in NYC and when I take the subway, I experience this every time. I'll be able to connect before I go to work but as soon as I take the subway, I'll lose the signal and then the ability to reconnect when get above ground.

Not sure if other Cingular customers have this issue with other phones. But I will say this: My Blackberry from Cingular didn't have this problem.

Guest korkin

the problem is, i think in microsoft os. i experience same problems with mpx200. i use the simple solution - turn on flight mode, and then turn it off.

ie connects fine :)

Guest andy_sutton

I'm experiencing the same problem, usually happens once/day. Affects both IE and the ActiveSync. I had the problem with .342 and now on 1.3. Since Cingular seems to be the common thread here and not location-specific (I'm in Dallas/FtW) maybe it's a Cingular/ATTWS merge issue. I called in to Cingular rather than rebooting my phone and they claimed to reset some things on their end that made it start working. They couldn't tell me what they did so I'm hoping it's a network issue that they'll soon resolve. Very annoying.