SmartCommander Server 0.93||Smartphoneclient 0.91

Guest ultimasnake

that is really great ... i just love it. my deepest respect. now my lazyness will not beaten by anyone

problems i was struggling with:

my pc was new installed - so i had to reinstall the .net framework (it is mentioned on the website - but i just forgot that)

and don't delete the settings.ini

some suggestions ... it is really great - but i still have some ideas:

- add support for keypress of Page Up and Page Down. Winamp Hotkeys and my TV-Card Program DScaler needs these 2

- re-enable the numeric keypad of the phone - would be nice if you'll havy next and vol up as hotkey

but congratulations - its a wonderful app - compact and focused to the important things.

Guest ultimasnake

hey Holg... glad you like it, thanks :)... mind further explaining the following?

and don't delete the settings.ini
What shouldn't i or does the program act wierd if you do? :S

add support for keypress of Page Up and Page Down. Winamp Hotkeys and my TV-Card Program DScaler needs these 2

Ok seem to have forgotton page up and page down :(.... will add a winamp control (not relying on hot keys but really sending commands towards winamp;))

but what about the tv card thing? :(

re-enable the numeric keypad of the phone - would be nice if you'll havy next and vol up as hotkey

As in the old way you controlled the program? well i mainly changed that because of some problems i was having with the controlls and code of some stuff BUT you just gave me the idea to bind the first 10 buttons to the numpad keys (which might be nice)

What shouldn't i or does the program act wierd if you do? :S
i just thought the programm crashes by some wrong settings - so i deleted the file - after that i remembered that the framework isn't present anymore.

so i installed the framework and the listener throwed another error message - so i googled this and found out that this is a typical mysql failure message(?) - i recovered the settings.ini and everything worked fine. maybe you could add automatically the standard settings file if its missing.

Ok seem to have forgotton page up and page down icon_biggrin.gif.... will add a winamp control (not relying on hot keys but really sending commands towards winamp;))

but what about the tv card thing? icon_biggrin.gif

yes - but your media remote keys aren't working for me - that would not be a problem if i could change these settings to global hotkeys (e.g. strg+alt+pgup for next track).

the tv viewer dscaler uses pgup and pgdown for next/previous channel. That is really important for me - 'cause i have no tv and no remote control for the tv card. mouse is not a nice solution. so i really use your program often.

i can have nearly all the channels on a key and change them using by their name - really nice idea.

As in the old way you controlled the program? well i mainly changed that because of some problems i was having with the controlls and code of some stuff BUT you just gave me the idea to bind the first 10 buttons to the numpad keys (which might be nice)

ok that would be a very nice solution (i have 12 buttons *gg*)... and what about a hold and release feature for the buttons - or did you have the mentioned problems with this feature?

another idea i have ... is it possible to change the profiles on the phone (i'm tired of tv - let's hear music)

Guest ultimasnake
just thought the programm crashes by some wrong settings - so i deleted the file - after that i remembered that the f.....
Well this all seems to work fine here.. if there is no default ini file it doesn't load one :S. and uses default stuff...... will look into it a bit (also i don't use mysql so the error doesn't have to do anything about it.. BUT what error do you get?

yes - but your media remote keys aren't working for me - that would not be a problem if i could change these settings to global hotkeys (e.g. strg+alt+pgup for next track).

Page up and Page down have been added to the next version (i seem to have forgotten about this). Also media hot keys can be captured by winamp (i just don't know exactly how anymore). BUT also strg(what key is that windows key?)+alt+pageup can be done with:

keyboard(hold,Left Windows button)

keyboard(hold,Alt)

keyboard(release,Page up)

keyboard(release,Alt)

keyboard(hold,Left Windows button)

(ofcourse page up isn't in your version BUT in the next one it will be possible)

ok that would be a very nice solution (i have 12 buttons *gg*)... and what about a hold and release feature for the buttons - or did you have the mentioned problems with this feature?

Well so at this point you can only control 10.. the shift key was a minor problem BUT i might be able to solve it but i'm not sure if this is wanted... 10 buttons as fast buttons ain't that bad and well more might get a bit confusing or something :(

oh and i am also already working on loading profiles remotely :) so hangon for the next version;)

Edited by ultimasnake

very nice ... i'm looking forward to next version

i'm really stupid ... strg is steuerung (as a dutch you might understand this) - its simple control (ctrl)

the error message i get is "CLR error 80004005 - program will now terminate" - but it has nothing to do with the settings.ini

i have this old instance of the listener still on my hd and it thows this error - but i dunno why.

another idea i had while playing with your software ... can you insert small 2 bit icons to those buttons? would look nice and you would exactly know where to go.

Edited by holg

Guest ultimasnake

Ah well i advise you to use the new listner then which ofcourse had loads of bugs fixed :)

can you insert small 2 bit icons to those buttons?

Can you maybe explain that a bit more thoroughly? :(

and steuerung? what's that :(... hahaha we call it control just as the english word.. don't even have a dutch word for it;). sounds more like swedish to me :(

ah støerøng

i mean just an icon (by the way its 1bit black or white). so you have this triangle for play on those blue boxes ... you know what i mean?

Guest ultimasnake

ah you mean little indicators like a play icon on it... or a pause button.. or a key or whatever just to nicely show what it is about to do when you push it? :S might be a posibility to do that... but i have to make a lot of icons then.. for each purpose one :s.. might be tricky :s will look into it though

exactly what i mean.

you can let me do this or insert a little editor in "edit script" - just an idea - maybe its to hard to implement.

i think a more grafical version of the edit scipt module would be nice too!

i just love your program - such a nice toy ... what do you plan for next screens? (in edit screen)

i'll attach my dscaler profile - the text will not suite to yours.

EDIT: 33, 34, and 35 might interesting for other apps - with 33 you can change a task and selct it with 34 - and 35 is the build in shutdown feature

Dscaler.zip

Edited by holg

Guest ultimasnake

Hey holg I certainly like your options that you used with buttons 33,34 that's a great idea :(.. also in the next version i will include your dscaler profile though with a little diffrence (the fact that you have channel numbers instead of names)

Also the new version will contain some nice addon's

Client side

-Load profiles remotely from the phone

-10 quick commands (which are the first ten buttons) and 10 with the extra button (yeah i think i got it... 20 is the max though)

-Changing the port number where the application connects to

-Change the information display's refresh interval

Server side

-Change the port the client connects to

-Launch screensaver

-Launch taskmanager (since ctrl+alt+del doesn't work and ctrl+shift+esc only on some versions of windows)

-Send current time towards phone's display

-Send current date (custom formattable) towards phone display

-Changed a bit of the profile's filestructure to work better with the names per command

and some other stuff i can't think off since i'm at work

Also i am planning to do some other things like:

-Color coding (color the text that is displayed on the phone, just thought of that)

-Image mapping on the buttons (not sure yet how to do this but it's a good idea, thanks holg)

-More pc commands (people help me out with this please)

-Better code building (want to make this more flexible yet easier to do)

-Etc etc... so it might be a while till 1.0 will be released BUT that's only good since i can get even more stuff into it :D

So keep your eyes out for the next version which you all are sure to like even more :)

Holg are you into photoshop and all? contact me about this :P i could just a good graphics maker (everyone is welcome to help)

Oh and also a "supportWare" version will be released soon, which doesn't offer anything diffrent then the free version but by buying it you do support me allot since i brin you all of this for free and well money doesn't grow on trees :( :( heheheh

very nice

i have "medium" skills in graphic things (i dont use photoshop) i think it is good enough for some icons. it would be nice if i could help you.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ultimasnake

Well 0.9 is here... we are getting closer to a final people, thanks for all the support up to now

(even funny to see that there are other smartphone->pc control programs popping up, but don't come anywhere near smart commander on some points :D)

Guest Powerfull

Hello ultimasnake, I think your site is not update, the last version is always v0.81, where can we download the last version?

Your soft is great, good work.

Thank you.

Guest ultimasnake

oh dear... forgot to change the link...

it's now http://www.ultimasoftware.nl/smartcommander :D

i did get a report of a problem with smart commander

Smart commander.exe

TypeLoadException

Het type

OpenNETCF.Windows.Forms

kan niet worden geladen

uit de assembly

OpenNETCF.Windows.Forms

Version=1.2.3346.0,

Culture=neutral,

PublicKeyToken=30C767B29

Form1::.ctor+0x5e

Form1::.Main+0xa

If some one else gets this error please let me know since i need to make an update fast :D

hello ultima snake,

your new version is again a great improvement. i also tried those other remote tools - maybe they are more general - but who wants to write a text or control the mouse by the mobile?

i was a little disappointed, about the reaction in this thread - cause as you mentioned - on some points smart commander is not beatable

but i have some problem

- the script editor dont recognize the changes i make - that is not the problem, cause i have a text editor, but

- i inserted page up and page down

1/Channel Up

keyboard(press,Page up)

4/Channel Down

keyboard(press,Page down)

Channel Up works fine, but Channel Down presses a 4. why? i have no hex editor installed at the moment to check the diffence - should i?

- the keypad works fine for me, but the joystick does a double click

and you mentioned the second control layer like in 0.6 - that would be nice - i could map the number keys to that layer to control the teletext - but thats not really necessary just a question.

Edited by holg

Guest Powerfull

Smart Commander is absolutely the best application to control a PC. I just have a problem to modify a profile and save the modification, I resolved the problem by editing the profile with NotePad.

Without active sync and with a autoconnexion (enable BT and connect Smart Commander) when Smart Commander is launch, this application would be perfect.

Yeah, I'm having problems saving any script modifications I make in the built-in script editor in the PC based Listner.

Any script additions I make to a key are lost as soon as I close the editing screen or move to a different key.

Am I being foolish?

I like the prog though - nice one ultima

Guest ultimasnake

Yes i found this problem yesterday late in the evening, wanted to release a fixed version but there where some other things that needed to be resolved before i could even release the new version, but it will be ready in an hour or so.. i added some even better looking things in the server application and it will be even better then the previous. so don't worry guys you're not crazy :D

also holg i will make a Extra+key option or so :D...just need to think of a nice way.. maybe * plus a key since softkey 1 and 2 already have a great purpose now :P

also, not this version of the server but a auto run will be made... like smart commander automaticly starts on the smartphone when it connects to active sync and the server is running or so :D

Edited by ultimasnake

also holg i will make a Extra+key option or so icon_smile.gif...just need to think of a nice way.. maybe * plus a key since softkey 1 and 2 already have a great purpose now icon_wink.gif

hmm that is not so good for me, because i have a t-mobile sda - that has some problems with multipress, like the c500, too!

maybe a layer menu in the options on right softkey -

choose layer ->  layer 1

layer 2

layer 3

layer 3.5

so and now i'll test

EDIT on the homepage is a wrong link

http://www.ultimasoftware.nl/smartcommande...er_PC_0.9.2.zip is the right one

Edited by holg

Guest Powerfull

I have a problem with "Edit script", the value in "KeyScript" doesn't appear. However I like the new look of "Edit screen" section.

Edit: I found another bug, when I add Text in the "Edit screen" the code "text()" is missing

Edited by Powerfull

yes no code is shown to mee, too! - and page down is interpreted as 4 - but in hex the .scs file is exactly the same (except, that up is down in the code)

Edited by holg

Guest ultimasnake
hmm that is not so good for me, because i have a t-mobile sda - that has some problems with multipress, like the c500, too!

maybe a layer menu in the options on right softkey -

thanks for noting that to me.. i might have some ideas..

press * and it will switch between "layers"

First 2 lines selected by default

press *

second 2 lines selected etc :D

Will work on this later :D

I have a problem with "Edit script", the value in "KeyScript" doesn't appear. However I like the new look of "Edit screen" section.

hmmm yeah... thats what i ment by having to debug some things sorry about this guys :oops:, fixed now

and page down is interpreted as 4
Fixed in next version Edited by ultimasnake