Smart Commander - public beta

Guest squall

Smart Commander turns your phone into something totaly diferent which has not been done before.

It enables you to control your computer through scripts which can be set on up to 34 keys.

Making a script is really easy, select the key you wish to set the script on, select a action from the options and then fill in some info and press the add button. There is no limited length to a script so the script can do small things like press a key or move the mouse to things like typing entire letters or doing a combination of keys followed by text and much more.

So with Smart Commander you can turn your phone into a remote control.

Your phone can connect through either the cradle(usb) or Bluetooth.

The only thing (right now) needed is

Download from

Leave feedback and get support

Guest nickcornaglia

I'm probably just being dumb...but what exactly does this do that makes it so great? And why would I want to do it from my phone via Bluetooth or worse yet USB connection instead of directly from my PC?

Guest Infarct

Damnit, encece, you beat me too it. I had a totally sharp, "And I NEED this because?" remark prepared, but I'll just have to save it for the next boneheaded invention out there.

Guest ultimasnake

hahaah ok "boneheads" (;) hehehe :lol:) here ONE minor example of what to do with it..

Imagine this

It's summer and it's approx 40 degrees, enece is sitting in his yard listening to his favorite music running from his computer.

What's that britney spears found a way into his playlist how odd.

Encece grabs his phone and moves his joystick to the right which then sends the key towards the computer and runs a script that he made which makes his media player goto the next track.

These options are limitless.... at this moment only keybinding is possible (and mouse if you know the script) but running applications will be done ones it's more finished..

Even better

Soon enece can be able to see what song his computer is playing from his phone while sitting in the yard and more :D

It's summer and it's approx 40 degrees, enece is sitting in his yard listening to his favorite music running from his computer.  

What's that britney spears found a way into his playlist how odd.  

Encece grabs his phone and moves his joystick to the right which then sends the key towards the computer and runs a script that he made which makes his media player goto the next track.  

All of which can be done with this program already http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...a+player+remote

:lol:

Kevlar

Guest ultimasnake

@Kevlar

There are some HUGE diffrences between my app and Media remote 2004

Media remote is an application which CONTAINS media player, and that can be controlled through the app, it does not controll media player but uses media player inside itself which it can controll. (in my opinion) the implementation of media player inside this application is rather odd.

What my application does (a minor part of it) is not control media player but control keys which media player/winamp/quicktime/realplayer the works.. everything which listens to keyboard or mouse commands.

So my application is gonna be a real diffrent aproach then they have :lol:

Guest Skunkchild

With one PC outputting to 5 monitors and a projector in my home this app will be xtremely useful to me as I can use bluetooth from any room.

If you have to ask why you'd need it then it's obvious that you have no need. :roll:

Guest ultimasnake

Hey thanks Tnguk (odd name that is you got there)... well if you have any idea for features please tell them.. anything at all.. i mean if it's not possible it won't happen but you get it :lol:

Guest ultimasnake

Hey sqaull mind uploading the screenshots towards modaco next time? i got 2700+ since you posted it requests one single image by modaco only at this moment :S

Guest ultimasnake

hehe ok.. well i won't make a big fuss about this (compared towards other sites which leached my images big time) since modaco is still my greatest resource for smartphone and also atm my official support forum :lol: (will set up my own phpBB soon :D)

Guest dearsina

With the limited range of Bluetooth you have to bloody lazy not to walk the 6 meters to your computer. Having said that, I was looking for a program similar to this because that Media Remote only supports Windows Media player, not the best player out there, in fact, probably the worst player out there.

What about making a GPRS version. Now that would be interesting.

sina

london

Guest ultimasnake
With the limited range of Bluetooth you have to bloody lazy not to walk the 6 meters to your computer. Having said that, I was looking for a program similar to this because that Media Remote only supports Windows Media player, not the best player out there, in fact, probably the worst player out there.

What about making a GPRS version. Now that would be interesting.

sina

london

hi well i am looking into a way to let the application connect to a pc through either gprs or something.. not sure how and all... but i do got it in my todo list :lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.