Question, How come the mpx220 cost the same as nextel 830..

Guest prodigio2k

Guest prodigio2k

I been looking into specs,the mpx220 is a BETTER phone in every sense of the word,, yet the nextel 830 cost the same without a plan. can someone explain this to me....oh and also,,does it cost so much because rappers used it,,because it doesn't even have a camera,,,

32538947.jpg

Nextel stuff is expensive. I dunno why. My brother has Nextel and pays hundreds of dollars a year for a new phone that is huge with no features. Oh, don't forget that coverage is worthless...

-Mc

Guest prodigio2k

thanx for your reply man.....but im still clue less to why people pay this outrageous prices for their phones, when a pda its worth the same and more options,,,anywyas i guess no one know in this forum,,thanks for the replay though,,have a nice one

its' the push to talk feature. My bro is a contractor and he has to have Nextel to talk to him employees. So, when he goes for a new phone, he has to have the best.

The big thing that makes Nextel phones cost so much is Nextel has all of their phones made for them by Motorola especially for them. The MPx220 is GSM and can be carried by many GSM providers with little to no modification. Nobody else in the world uses the iDen technology. Nextel and Motorola can charge whatever they want. Where else are you going to go for a new phone?

-Mc