Alpha

File Name :: Alpha

Author :: drblow

Category :: Other

Description ::

Features

Includes the fantastic monitor plugin by drfonz (here), and the amazing scrolling appointments plugin by Patrick Sullivan (here). Also includes RJShortcuts (here), Oxios tasks (here), and a few shortcuts courtesy of the e200 plugin. The default layout installed is strictly for e200/C500 users only - as it used the Orange e200 plugin for shortcuts & links. The CAB will also install versions AlphaC500B.home.xml (which is the same as above just without the scrolling appointments plugin), Alpha2002.home.xml (which has a larger monitor plugin & no e200 plugin so it can be used on all smartphones), and also Alpha2002B.home.xml (which is the 2002 version without the scrolling appointments plugin) - clear as mud, eh!!?? :lol:

All the usual screens have been skinned, except for startup & shutdown screens. I have deliberately left them out coz on my C500 they add at least 10 minutes to the startup time! :evil: But if there's enough demand then I'll do 'em! :wink:

I reckon that's about it. Enjoy! :wink:

N.B. Credit for the original concept of the button design must go to Non-Troppo, from the Breeze II skin for Opera. See HERE.

**UPDATED: 15/12/04

I posted an Xbar skin to fit in with this theme - see screenshot above. The zip contains 2 versions - DrBlowAlpha & DrBlowAlphav2. The v2 version is only to fit the altered v2 version of the theme, the other will fit with any of the other xml layout combinations. :D

View File

Edited by drblow

Guest Skunkchild

Looks wicked - will try it out asap and no doubt pinch a bit of your code for some screens I'm doing.

Just my opinion but I think it could look neater if the smartmonitor section at the bottom of the homescreen had a squared image behind it rather than the offset square used for the extra screens. Ta.

Hi ... I have download the theme in My C500 ... I have selected the C500 or C500b themes but the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>home screen is not correct ... why??

THNX.

A bit more details about exactly what is not correct would help - but I would imagine it's because you have not installed all the required plugins. Have you?

Looks wicked - will try it out asap and no doubt pinch a bit of your code for some screens I'm doing.  

Just my opinion but I think it could look neater if the smartmonitor section at the bottom of the homescreen had a squared image behind it rather than the offset square used for the extra screens. Ta.

I know what you mean about the square image - I just wanted to keep the theme going throughout. I might just take a look at the homescreen tho, & see if I can make something fit. I'll post it if I do.

Or else if you want to modify it yourself then you could post the mods here!? :wink:

Guest darren22

Another great theme by drblow. However cannot get it to work on my SPV 2002. It reports that no home screen layout can be found (I have selected the Alpha Theme2002 and Alpha Theme2002B).

The phone has just reset itself within the last few days, so I had to install all of the plugins again (prior to loading the theme.

JeyoPersonalizer reports the skins as bad images. :cry:

Help

Oh ar*e!! :lol: I know what I forgot to do - change Storage to IPSM for the 2002 version :oops: . If you want to get it working, open the xml file, and change all the instances of StorageApplication Data ... to IPSMApplication Data...

I'll change the files myself later on & repost the cab.

Thats what the monitor plugin shows when it gets no signal. It should change when you get signal though!? I think there has been some mention of this in the smartmonitor thread recently, so it may be an issue with the plugin.

Glad the homescreen is working for ya! :lol:

I tried installing the CAB file and got the following message:

"Installation failed. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have adequate system permissions."

Anyone know why I would get this? I've installed plenty of other stuff on my phone. I have a Samsung i600 on Verizon Wireless (U.S.).

Thanks for any assistance.

I tried installing the CAB file and got the following message:

"Installation failed.  The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have adequate system permissions."

Anyone know why I would get this?  I've installed plenty of other stuff on my phone.  I have a Samsung i600 on Verizon Wireless (U.S.).

Thanks for any assistance.

Homescreen CAB files that contain extra screens require the phone to be fully application unlocked.

OK - the cab in the first post has been updated to correct the image path in the 2002 versions, and to include another layout for C500/E200 that uses the default iconbar, and has the monitor plugin arranged smaller at the bottom of the screen (see screenshot in this post).

Enjoy some more!! :wink:

screenshot.jpg

Based on some other posts I've read, things like startup and shutdown screens would prevent installation on my i600. Is there a version available without these components? Maybe one for which I can copy the files myself? This is a nice looking screen!

@pochbenel - of course I don't mind! :lol: Infact I really release these themes hoping that anyone with an interest in homescreens can use/modify it for their own use, so thanks! :wink:

@scottb - you only need to decertify your phone to install themes that contain extra screens (its not just the startup screens). There is absolutley no risk involved in doing this, so if you can then it'll allow you to install whatever you like. If you can't, let me know & I'll post a CAB with no extra screens so it will install on locked phones.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.