Alpha

Guest Pabs(Sco)

Hey this looks good...

But I am having trouble with it :)

I have downloaded all the plugins rebooted my phone...reinstalled the home screen, but all the icons are slightly above the main background image....can't explain this well sorry.....if I knew how to post a screen shot I would...I am using a C500

Can someone help.

Thanks,

[snip...]@scottb - you only need to decertify your phone to install themes that contain extra screens (its not just the startup screens).  There is absolutley no risk involved in doing this, so if you can then it'll allow you to install whatever you like.  If you can't, let me know & I'll post a CAB with no extra screens so it will install on locked phones.

I can't seem to find out how to decertify my phone. If you get a chance, please create a CAB you think I can use.

OK - screen only CAB added to the first post. That should install just the homescreen files, so should work on any application locked SPV. Any problems, let me know. :wink:

drblow,

The new CAB file would not install on my phone either. I did, however, look through the setup xml file and install it manually. I extracted the files from the CAB and renamed them according to the xml.

My phone had some performance and stability issues with the Smpartmonitor plugin, :( , so I modified your default V2 screen a bit and am using it as my homescreen right now. You certainly do nice work! :)

Thanks, for your assistance.

Sounds strange that the CAB wouldn't install? I dunno if there's any difference between CABs for i600 & C500, all I can do is make 'em with the SDK! :oops:

Glad it's working for you anyway. :wink:

I updated the first post with an Xbar skin - simple, but fitting with the theme. :wink:

I'm working on an smsnotify skin too, so I'll post that if I can get it working! :shock:

a very nice homescreen!!!! i like it very much!!! nice one doc! i hope you wouldnt mind if i edited some entries.

Would it be possible to get a copy of this XML. I really like the look of this.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Terminal

Erm no :oops: I was under the impression that they were all included.... doh!

I am wondering as I have installed other monitor and task programmes to facilitate another http://www.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>home screen, will my phone have any problems (explode, combust etc :)) if I install the required http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugins needed for this http://www.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>home screen?

• 1 month later...
Guest Psicotix

> > Terminal @ Jan 4 2005, 20:01)

> > I am having a similar problem to Pabs. I have installed the CAB file

> > and everything is misaligned? Any idea why?

Have you installed all the plugins and rebooted your phone ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

I've got this running using the AlphaThemeC500B homescreen files. None

of the others wanted to work right on my UK Orange C500, this

after making sure all the plugin issues were resolved. I'm hoping that

they're not actually executed till a homescreen asks for one of them.

This homescreen appears to be running better memory wise than my

previous homescreen (of two days) which had a couple less

plugins. And the memory display is about twice the size, so I don't

need to squint so hard to see how low it's running.

THANK YOU DR BLOW!

This homescreen, along with the beautiful xBar skin, have made my

SPV experience a lot more easy going and closer to what I was looking

for when getting the phone. It has been very inspirational,

though it'll be a long while before it gets replaced by anything of my own.

=D> Thank u for forcing me to look at the XML!

Best wishes

PS, no doubt everyone who's downloaded this has managed to get it running

by now. I still love this homescreen though.

Edited by Psicotix

Thanks m8! Glad you like it so much! 8)

I can't understand why you couldn't get it working on a UK C500? Thats what I have, and all the different xmls should work on that without any problems. Can you describe what happens when you use the other xml layouts? Are there any plugins missing?

If you like the skin that much, you'll absolutely love it with the full functionality that should be there on a C500.

Let me know & I'll try to get it workin for ya! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mrthumb

drblow, top job with all your skins/home screens mate. Had my C500 for 2 weeks and am loving every minute of it (so far) especially now that i am attempting to customise it.

:D

Question for you: is it just a case of editing the xml file to change the URLs of link buttons on the home screen?

Or have i got the wrong end of the stick here?

Cheers!

PS lots of kudos to the various plugin people as well!

;)

Guest drblow

Cheers fella, glad you like 'em! :D

You are absolutely right, you can change/add to the urls just by opening the xml in notepad on your PC & editing the text. Even if you've never looked at xml code before, you should be able to find them & change them without any problems.

Any difficulty then let me know.

;)

Guest stretchy

Sorry if I seem a bit of a duffer but I'm kinda new to this, I have 2 problems, firstly how do I install the extra xbar skin as the date goes outside the box. And secondly, the "upcoming appointments" text is over the icon and could do with shifting slightly to the right.

An excellent theme non the less.

Regards Stretchy

Guest drblow

To install the Xbar skin, open activesync & go to Storage/windows/program files/xbar and copy the contects of the xbar zip file to there.

I'm not sure what you mean about the upcoming appts covering an icon, can you post a screenshot?

Guest mrthumb
Cheers fella, glad you like 'em!  :D

You are absolutely right, you can change/add to the urls just by opening the xml in notepad on your PC & editing the text. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, haven't had a chance yet - busy w/e! I'll wail if i get stuck.

;)

Guest stretchy
To install the Xbar skin, open activesync & go to Storage/windows/program files/xbar and copy the contects of the xbar zip file to there.

I'm not sure what you mean about the upcoming appts covering an icon, can you post a screenshot?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All sorted after reboot, thanks, just love this theme.

regards stretchy

BTW the scrolling appointments plugin remains static and only changes manually.

Edited by stretchy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.