SMT 5600 REMOVE OLD FILES

Guest peterson65

Guest peterson65

does anyone know how to remove left over files from old programs

in the StoragewindowsAppMgr there is a lot in there and i wont let me delete the files. :cry:

Good, I'm not the only one asking this question. I posted this question 3 different way and I can never get an answer that worked (Besides for a hard reset).

I post this very same question yesterday and the moderator took it off the board. :evil: hmmmm....

Guest Johnny Yen
I post this very same question yesterday and the moderator took it off the board. :evil:  hmmmm....

Not actually true, believe me. Some funny things have been happening with the forum.

Anyways. With the C500 they can easily be deleted with the phone connected to the PC with ActiveSync. It rarely can be done using the phone's file explorer, possibly something to do with the file properties. ..

So is it different with the SMT 5600 ?

It must be different becuase I've tried everything. My only conclusion is either the C500 doesn't have this security issue or if the phone is "unlocked", it then allows you to delete this directory. :roll:

Guest peterson65

with active sync on my smt5600 i try to delete one of the folders and get

"cannot delete file 8001: access is denied make sure your mobile device has sufficient memory, that the file is not set as read only, and that you have permission to copy this file type" i have 68 folders in that directory

from old installs of programs that are not even on the phone anymore,

there has to be a way to get rid of them because there will be more over use of the phone

with active sync on my smt5600 i try to delete one of the folders and get

"cannot delete file 8001: access is denied make sure your mobile device has sufficient memory, that the file is not set as read only, and that you have permission to copy this file type" i have 68 folders in that directory

from old installs of programs that are not even on the phone anymore,

there has to be a way to get rid of them because there will be more over use of the phone

Like I've mentioned above. The only way I was able to delete it was do a hard reset. Use the phones option for SMT5600 instead of this forum method. Much easier.

Someone on this forum has gotta know how to unlocked the rom security feature.

Guest TEXMudder

We (5600 users) cant delete them since they are system files. With Mobile2003, you can not uncheck a file from being a system file which is why I would guess that the C500 users can delete this type of stuff.

• 1 month later...
Guest peterson65

found out how to remove these, i used a program called No Warez and unlocked the software part of the smt5600 now i can delete these files with active sync

the c500 must be software unlocked.

We (5600 users) cant delete them since they are system files.  With Mobile2003, you can not uncheck a file from being a system file which is why I would guess that the C500 users can delete this type of stuff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, I use Smart Explorer 2.0.2 from www.binarys.com. This is the only program, including activesync, that I can use to delete these files. I think they are tmp files that remain just in case you try to reinstall after an expiration.

-icky

• 2 weeks later...

I also was looking for the answer to this question, since I have about 18 MEGS of space in my STM 5600 being taken up by files that I have no idea what they are about, sitting inside my Windows folder.

The last post in this string said that the files in question were "temp" files, that contain the uninstall instructions.

Are we talking about files named something like:

MsgQueueDataFileMicrosoft Status Message SMS Protocol (Receive Only)

If so, what data do they contain?