icons and other backgrounds changes.

Guest it_ideas

Guest it_ideas

friends,

i am designer and having mpx200 with me and would like to know how would i define background images for contacs misscall and other areas as on experts themes available.

i also would like to change default icons available in mpx for

1. ie

2. mail/sms

3. settings

4. folders and all that are available.

can someone guide so that i can build a good themes for it.

thanks

mak

Welcome to the site mak! :D Always good to have more people contributing to the community.

In answer to your questions, anything on the homescreen is controlled by the homescreen xml so any images for missed calls, messages received etc are designated in there. Your best bet is to download some skins from the 'Customisation - Homescreen Download' section and compare what they look like on your phone to how the xml file looks. The best way to learn is really to dive in there and find out what works and what doesn't.

The 'extra screens' are set in a the registry, so to change them you need put new images on your phone somewhere and then change the relevent image location in the registry. If you check out the inf file (a file used to make a CAB file) in this post it describes the location of pretty much every reg key that designates a screen that can be skinned. If that's all a bit daunting for ya, you could try the excellent smarttweak.

At the mo there is no way (AFAIK) of changing applications icons, but you can change the icons of folders in the start menu. If you check out this thread it contains a description of how to do this.

And don't forget that your best resource is the search function on Modaco! If you can think of a question its been asked, and answerd here before! :lol: