AOL Instant Messenger ?

Guest phiber

Hi, I am from the U.S. and i am rocking a Samsung i600, and it has Microsoft Windows Mobile and I am looking for an AOL Instant messaging program so I can keep it touch while I am on the road... Just wondering if any of you knew where I can find this program. I did see it for $20 USD but I am not sure if it will work with my phone. I wouls greatly appreciate all you help... And another thing i dont know why the U.S. hasnt jumped on these smart phones yet it seems like we are the last ones to get them... thanks for all you help!

Okay, maybe because I am using a Samsung i-600, agile doesn't want to connect for me. I am getting angry because i don't think anyone should have to pay for AIM, and I guess I would have to buy some enterprise edition of imov. Just because I am using freaking microsoft CE. Blah, so if any one has imov enterprise hook it up. thanks!

Guest hbk5585

Hey all....im a little slow....this program (agile)....when it connects and its online, is it connecting to the interent? How many kb's are being used?

Thanks

Guest Disco Stu

It will only cost you when you send or receive messages, as is standard for GPRS applications on Smartphones. It is normal to have a constant connection but you only pay for data transferred.

Guest hbk5585

"It will only cost you when you send or receive messages, as is standard for GPRS applications on Smartphones. It is normal to have a constant connection but you only pay for data transferred."

So, if I just connect but dont send a message, im not being charged? And if i do send a message, am i going to be charged as a text message or is it gonna be an internet charge?

I'm sorry but I just am not understanding the concept...lol

Guest Disco Stu

You'll be charged the same as with an email rather than a text message I believe, and the application has an inbuilt data monitor so you know how much it will cost you.

If you just leave it connected then you don't transfer any data / don't pay anything.

Guest larsdennert
Okay, maybe because I am using a Samsung i-600, agile doesn't want to connect for me.  I am getting angry because i don't think anyone should have to pay for AIM, and I guess I would have to buy some enterprise edition of imov.  Just because I am using freaking microsoft CE.  Blah, so if any one has imov enterprise hook it up.  thanks!

Did you try connecting to the net with IE first? I notice that some apps like ftp won't initiate the connection to the net.

Guest bluesxman
If you just leave it connected then you don't transfer any data / don't pay anything.

Surely their must be some data transfer to poll for new messages? Though it's probably very small.

O wow thanks! now how much does this cost to use? Does it cost money to connect to aol? and how much does it cost per kb? i have 6.8 incomin kb and .8 outgoing

thanks

and btw great forum!

Guest Disco Stu

I don't have a good answer for that, but I'll find out.

Generally speaking you only pay for data transferred to or from the phone. What we need to know is when that is happening.