homescreen with extra images package help

Guest it_ideas

Guest it_ideas

i am designer and wish to build package with

home screen

startup shutdown

extra images

and wanna build package

can anyone guide me a good easy step by step to make this with registry tweak so that i can make installer or cab with extra images and startup shutdown ?

my 1st version is almost ready with smartmonitor plugin and much info included.

any help would be appreciated for beginner designer not for programmer..

awaiting kind replies ..

To make a CAB installer, you need to download the SDK from microsoft. It includes cabwizsp.exe - which is used to make the installer from an inf file. There is a tutorial on making a CAb file by Richie M somewhere - if you use the search feature you'll find it.

The most esential piece of reading is Richie M's guide to making CABs, paying special attention to the RegSettings bit. So to make your own cab you'll need to make an .inf file. Here's an inf flie i used to make the extra screens cab for a Mac theme:

[Version] 

Signature = $Windows NT$

Provider = Crafty's

CESignature = "$Windows CE$"

[CEStrings]

AppName = Mac Extra Screens

[CEDevice.ARM720]

ProcessorType  =  0

[DefaultInstall]

Copyfiles = CopyToMacDir

AddReg = RegSettings.All

[SourceDisksNames]

1 = ,"Common files",,C:Documents and SettingsNickMy DocumentsPhoneHome ScreensMacImagesExtra Screens

[SourceDisksFiles]

Call Hist.gif = 1

Contacts.gif = 1

Dial.gif = 1

Error.gif = 1

Info.gif = 1

Question.gif = 1

Startup.gif = 1

Shutdown.gif = 1

Sync.gif = 1

Volume.gif = 1

Yell.gif = 1

[DestinationDirs]

CopyToMacDir = 0,%CE19%HomeMac

[CopyToMacDir]

"Call Hist.gif", Call Hist.gif

"Contacts.gif", Contacts.gif

"Dial.gif", Dial.gif

"Error.gif", Error.gif

"Info.gif", Info.gif

"Question.gif", Question.gif

"Startup.gif", Startup.gif

"Shutdown.gif", Shutdown.gif

"Sync.gif", Sync.gif

"Volume.gif", Volume.gif

"Yell.gif", Yell.gif

[RegSettings.All]

HKLM,SoftwareMicrosoftSplash Screen, CarrierBitmap,, StorageApplication DataHomeMacStartup.gif

HKLM,SoftwareMicrosoftSplash Screen, CarrierShutdownBitmap,, StorageApplication DataHomeMacShutdown.gif

HKLM,SoftwareMicrosoftSplash Screen, MSBitmap,, StorageApplication DataHomeMacStartup.gif

HKLM,SoftwareMicrosoftSplash Screen, MSShutdownBitmap,, StorageApplication DataHomeMacShutdown.gif

HKLM,SoftwareMicrosoftShellRai:Callalert, BKBitmapFile,,StorageApplication DataHomeMacDial.gif

HKLM,SoftwareMicrosoftShellRai:ErrorBox, BKBitmapFile,, StorageApplication DataHomeMacError.gif

HKLM,SoftwareMicrosoftShellRai:ExclamationBox, BKBitmapFile,, StorageApplication DataHomeMacYell.gif

HKLM,SoftwareMicrosoftShellRai:InformationBox, BKBitmapFile,, StorageApplication DataHomeMacInfo.gif

HKLM,SoftwareMicrosoftShellRai:QuestionBox, BKBitmapFile,, StorageApplication DataHomeMacQuestion.gif

HKLM,SoftwareMicrosoftShellRai:VolDlg, BKBitmapFile,, StorageApplication DataHomeMacVolume.gif

HKLM,SoftwareMicrosoftShellRai:MSCPROG, BannerImage,,""

HKLM,SoftwareMicrosoftShellRai:MSCdial, BannerImage,,""

HKLM,SoftwareMicrosoftShellRai:MSCdial, BKBitmapFile,, StorageApplication DataHomeMacDial.gif

HKLM,SoftwareMicrosoftShellRai:MSClog, BKBitmapFile,, StorageApplication DataHomeMacCall Hist.gif

HKLM,SoftwareMicrosoftShellRai:MSCONTACTS, BKBitmapFile,, StorageApplication DataHomeMacContacts.gif

HKLM,SoftwareMicrosoftShellRai:MSSYNCAPP, BKBitmapFile,, StorageApplication DataHomeMacSync.gif

HKLM,SOFTWAREMicrosoftShellRai:MSCONTACTS,BKFlags,0x00010001,26

HKLM,SoftwareMicrosoftShellRai:MSClog,BKFlags,0x00010001,26[/code]

If you look at the filenames it sets (e.g. error.gif, startup.gif etc) you can see which registry key sets the extra images.

I hope that this makes sense - i've tried to keep it as simple as possible but it really is a bit of a complex task! Good luck!

Guest it_ideas

thanks this works gr8

now i just need to know if i want to add my theme in this installer.

mak.home.xlm and some related images of that theme how would i add it in inf file ?

extra screens works good..

i will soon post with screenshots once i done with my theme installation within cab.

thanks again for your kind help