Screensaver shortcut

Guest Face

Although still very new to this smartphone homescreen tweaking, I managed to get almost the perfect screen for me. (See attached)

Some explanation on the screen; The folder icon (arrow) brings me to the screensaver setting screen, where I can switch it on or off. I like it off in the car. (I dont use a power cable in the car, so normally when not on external power the screensaver kicks in). This icon however, I would like to change it into the word: "Screensaver: On" or Off wathever the status.

And this is were I ask someone to show me the way how I can get rid of the icon and have the text in it place. The code used to go to the screensaver screen is as follows:

Screensaver.txt

Screen-1.gif

I don't think that you can make it read "Screensaver On/Off" depending on it's state as the Orange plugin you are using doesn't recognise the state of the screen - if you know what i mean. What you can do is to add some text such as 'toggle screensaver'. The following code should get rid of the icon and adds the text 'toggle screensaver' (i've not tried this myself - let us konw if it works :)):

<plugin name="Screensaver" clsid="{A2536C57-6AC2-4c31-9542-B144B0E9D077}" height="20"> 

<format state="selected" bgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT" />

<background b-border-width="0" />

<shortcut icon-size="16" icon="-2" keys="!Dialog;~150;-T9;-T5;-Tdown" action="storageWindowsStart Menusettings.lnk"></shortcut>

<label><text>Toggle Screensaver</text></label>

</plugin>[/code]

Crafty, Thanks for the prompt reply.

Your code gets rid of the icon alright, but the text does not appear.

The shortcut still works though.

The following code is what I try to alter to work the screensaver. Any idea how this one is done?

It works the alarm setting without the need of a plugin. Copied this into the xml and it worked. Seems to be a sort of macro that replays predefined keystrokes

Can you also tell me how I can put part of the code in this message without having to attach it?

alarm.txt

Easy tiger! No need to be so impatient - i was just busy yesterday! :)

I've taken another look and it was just a silly mistake, i've tried the following and it works:

<plugin name="Screensaver" clsid="{A2536C57-6AC2-4c31-9542-B144B0E9D077}" height="20" width="100%">

<format state="selected" bgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT" />

<background b-border-width="0" />

<shortcut icon-size="16" icon="-2" width="100%" keys="!Dialog;~150;-T9;-T5;-Tdown" action="storageWindowsStart Menusettings.lnk">

<label><text>Toggle Screensaver</text></label></shortcut>

</plugin>[/code]

To put code as part of the message you have to use the [_code_].......[_/_code_] command - without the underscores. (had to put them in there else Mod would interpret it as a command)

Very nice !!

Is there any way for the plugin to display the settings

e.g - "display time out = never"

"display time out = 60 seconds"

etc etc

And for bluetooth change to

Toggle Bluetooth

Short of writting a specific plugin that recognises the state of the backlight timeout settings then no, there isn't a way to do that. The Orange plugin works kinda like a macro - by sending key presses.

You definately could do as you suggested for a bluetooth toggle. Alternatively you could point the shortcut towards MrMagoos exccellent bluetooth toggler so that you just need to click it to turn BT on/off rather than just getting a link to the BT settings menu - check out my iCandy or Gant themes for an example of what i mean.

Crafty,

A thousand thanks :) It really works.

I must admit I was getting desperate. I have been sending out requests for the past month now and sometimes I got half the way then I got it with an icon and no text, then at a given point I copied the alarm plugin and changed the text, but then I couldn't change the keypresses. It got me really haywired. Once again thanks thanks thanks.

Sorry a thousand sorries if I gave the impression of being course and impatient. :oops: