Guest it_ideas

Guest it_ideas

[17]faceoff.jpg

File Name :: FaceOff

Author :: it_ideas

Category :: Other

Description ::

Dear Friends,

here i am posting my first homescreen i have made for myself.

I would be happy to add more functionality to it once i get some bug solved by experts on this first release.

This theme includes Extra Screens with Startup Shutdown screens too.

Please let people know the bugs inside the installer.

This installer has Smartphinger Smartmonitor plugin included in zip which will be require to run theme.

Updated Tue, Jan 11 2005 12:07 pm

View File

contacts.jpg

Guest chucky.egg

I like the BG image, but it's too busy for my own taste (most people don't think I have any taste though, so take this with a pinch of salt)

With a good background image then "less is more", to the extent that I don't even have an MRU on mine.

I'd say:

1.. cut Smartmonitor

2.. reduce the size of the MRU/Shortcuts,

2.. standardise on a colour scheme (incl the Shortcuts background)

3.. reduce the font size

4.. consider the "tab order" of the plugins (that's tricky cos it's personal pref)

Only my opinion though, so I'm happy to be "wrong" if you don't agree!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest janafunk

Very nice homescreen....... I like it very very much........Ive tried many of the other ones and I still come back to this one!!!

Only problem that I have is that smart monitor's SDcard storage shows ??? all the time!!........do you know why???

Guest it_ideas

Thank you for your post and appreciation.

well smartmonitor look for external memory and once you attached extra memory either SD OR MMC it will detect it and place its amount of memroy count to that place.

i think there is plugin problem or you might not have sd/mmc

please post your external memroy info and i'll try to relocate it why it just not display.

Your download link, i almost missed it, lol.

I'd like to comment just a little thing,

the service plugin dont need to be so huge. I would rather have the TIME to be huge instead.

on SMARTmonitor plugin, the reason it shows ??? for the memory card is, the XML file need to be edited to detect the correct volume. I always have this problem with homescreens that uses smartmonitor. Its a simple fix, just edit the XML file a bit and it works great.

I've the same problem with the detecting of external memory-card with my I-Mate SP3i :)

Otherwise, I like the screen very much !

How can I change the MRU Shortcut, to another Shortcut, like Oxios Plugin ?

• 2 months later...
Guest orlandson
Your download link, i almost missed it, lol.

I'd like to comment just a little thing,

the service plugin dont need to be so huge. I would rather have the TIME to be huge instead.

on SMARTmonitor plugin, the reason it shows ??? for the memory card is, the XML file need to be edited to detect the correct volume. I always have this problem with homescreens that uses smartmonitor. Its a simple fix, just edit the XML file a bit and it works great.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At faceoff .xml file all you need to do is locate and change de \mouted volume by \Storage Card. It is easy and so will works great. :lol:

Edited by orlandson

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheWire

allright orlandson....

i might be a newb at this, but i tried your suggested fix regarding the monitor plugin and i simply cant get it working.

Here is what i have done.... extractet the face off.home.xml to my desktop on my pc....i then open it with notepad and rewrite like u wrote. then i copy the xml back into the home folder on the phone and replace the org. xml file- reboot the phone....and it still shows sdcard???.

What have i done wrong, ive got a spv c500 unlocked with 256 mb mini sd and im kinda lost.....plz help

Thomas

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dillshot
allright orlandson....

i might be a newb at this, but i tried your suggested fix regarding the monitor plugin and i simply cant get it working.

Here is what i have done.... extractet the face off.home.xml to my desktop on my pc....i then open it with notepad and rewrite like u wrote. then i copy the xml back into the home folder on the phone and replace the org. xml file- reboot the phone....and it still shows sdcard???.

What have i done wrong, ive got a spv c500 unlocked with 256 mb mini sd and im kinda lost.....plz help

Thomas

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure what you did, But I attached a fixed copy of the .xml file with the carrier logo font decreased to 11 so that the "AT&T Wireless" fits (US users) and I also fixed the monitor plugin issue that it will defect the storgage card

faceoff.home.xml

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Ultraschorsch

Very nice work! Works like a charm on my mpx200. I only have one question: How can i change the time format from am/pm to the european standard (24h)?

Thanks!

Ultraschorsch

• 5 months later...
Guest sheerluck
well thanks for your suggestions. i will update in next release.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any updates to this great theme?

I'd love a signal strength numerical readout instead of the 3 bars...

I've also replaced the original xml file included in your theme with the

updated one that should fix the SD Card ??? problem...to no avail...

I overwrite the old one.....reboot the phone....no luck....still got the ???

When I try to make any changes to the XML file using Notepad such as

changing Storage Card references to "SD Card", the SD card becomes invisible

in the File Manager.

Any tips/hints/tricks etc...for this newbie who just can't get enough of this amazing

phone (Audiovox SMT5600) and your great theme!

Any updates to this great theme?

I'd love a signal strength numerical readout instead of the 3 bars...

I've also replaced the original xml file included in your theme with the

updated one that should fix the SD Card ??? problem...to no avail...

I overwrite the old one.....reboot the phone....no luck....still got the ???

When I try to make any changes to the XML file using Notepad such as

changing Storage Card references to "SD Card", the SD card becomes invisible

in the File Manager.

Any tips/hints/tricks etc...for this newbie who just can't get enough of this amazing

phone (Audiovox SMT5600) and your great theme!

Hello...

-> So, I think I found a solution to fix the SD card detection problem. Try this:

Settings -> Homescreen -> Disposition (choose SmartMonitor). APPLY

Then, still for disposition, select "faceoff". APPLY

The pb should be fixed! ;)

--> Now, I have a question. I'd like to personalize this theme by adding a line above "My Shortcuts". There is some free space. What must I add in the faceoff xml file to display the signal strength? I need this:

Signal [status bar] percentage

Thx a lot for your answers!

Gael :P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.