ROM Update/Bootloader - Reverse Engineering

Guest Zone-MR

Guest Zone-MR

I've been doing quite a bit of research into the ROM update protocol for Typhoon devices.

So far I've managed to reverse engineer and document a lot of the official RomUpdateUtility v0.0.9.5 from HTC.

I've posted some of my findings here:

http://www.spv-developers.com/index.php/RuuFlashMain

... I have lots more to add, and will be doing so shortly.

Ultimatly I plan to create an open source replacment for the HTC ruu tool. This will have features to make the development of custom roms easy and safe.

Guest Zone-MR

Heh, today was a busy day. I've:

* Reverse engineered the Typhoon NBF header encryption algorithm.

* Reverse engineered the Typhoon NBF header format.

* Using the above information, I created an alpha version of TyphoonNbfTool - a GUI tool for viewing and manipulating the content of Typhoon NBF files

* Did a lot of work reverse engineering the HTC RRU utility.

Once the RRU protocol and NBF format is fully understood, it will open up a lot of possibilites for ROM customization and modification.

If any of the above are of specific interest to you, let me know, so I know what to concentrate on most.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest underpaid

What would be really cool would be to be able to use any i-mate SP3 ROM image on my i-mate SP3 by bypassing the vendor ID check,I currently get the "invalid vendor ID" so I am unable to change ROM from 1.2.33.11 to 1.1.33.13, (I really would like to change languages...).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest joliver

Hi, I have a similar problem, I need install one rom of SP3I on my SDA, I received the same error "vendor id", and have tried to parse the OS part of the nk.nbf and saved in RAW, with the itsutils suite I have copyed this file to the miniSD, but when enter into bootloader mode, not recognize this minisd like a backup file...

Sorry, my english is truely bad, and the SDA isn't english language, I need one solution to install spanish language into my SDA....

Thanks for all.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...