CallerID - PIT for contacts with no photo

Guest chucky.egg

Guest chucky.egg

Sorry for the noob question but I just got around to playing with the PIT Tool

I've made a PIT that matches my homescreen, and it works and everything, but it only displays for callers that have a photo assigned.

The phone (C500) displays one of the built-in PITs for anyone who has no photo assigned.

I tried renaming all of the built-in PITs, but now it just shows a white screen with the caller info and the default photo in the corner.

How do I tell it to use my PIT for all calls, regardless of whether they have a photo assigned or not?

Guest chucky.egg

Jeez, this is confusing the hell out of me ... PLEASE HELP YOUR LOCAL THICKO!

What I want to be able to do is have one PIT show for all contacts, regardless of whether I have a photo assigned to that contact or not. And every now and then I want to be able to change the PIT for a new one (still for ALL contacts, regardless of whehter they have a photo assigned).

Now that I've made another PIT, and chosen it, it only shows for callers that have a photo assigned! The previous one still shows for any caller with no photo (which is almost all of them!).

I think it's going to be something stupid, so back to basics:

- In Caller Photo ID, under 'Options' - 'Set default photos' I have set photo's for Unknown, Not-found and Default

- Under 'Options' - 'Display settings' I have selected Use Template and my new PIT, photo is on Smart Fit and Enlarge is ticked

- My PIT files are all in StorageMy DocumentsIA Caller ID Photosfilename.pit

What am I doing wrong?

This ought to be straightforward!

Guest Disco Stu

Photo Contacts seems to behave erratically on the C500 but what I would try is to delete all the CNT files in the IA Caller ID folder and start again from scratch. After all you say you don't have that many contacts with photos assigned.

Either that or go into each Contact and Menu, Unassign Photo ?

Guest chucky.egg

Yeah, thanks for your help Stu

What I've found is that (having removed all the CNT files) I have to go in an re-assign the Unknown, Default and the-other-one-i-forget photos, then it works. If I don't do that it still shows the "old" PIT