Small questions / finalizing a homescreen

Guest bartsimp

Guest bartsimp

Hi, I'm trying to finalise a homescreen and i have some issues that i can't get rid of.

- What is the method to position precisely a plugin, is there a way to give it an aboslute position on the screen whatever the coherence (could result in overlaping plugins)

- Linked to this, I want the MRU and smartbattery plugins appear side by side and not one under the other. Is this possible

- What is the way to implement a menu sequence that will create a new SMS or mail, there seems to have on in icandy but doesn't work on my spv c500

- Last, I'd like to get rid of the icons of the web links and have these links in white when not selected and white bold when selected, is it possible an how?

Thanks a lot for your support, and I will of course post my theme, packaged when it's finished.

Guest scott2eyes
- What is the method to position precisely a plugin, is there a way to give it an aboslute position on the screen whatever the coherence (could result in overlaping http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugins)
Plugins are arranged from the top of the screen down- the only way to change a plugin's position is by changing the height of the plugins above it.

- Linked to this, I want the MRU and smartbattery http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugins appear side by side and not one under the other. Is this possible

Usually, no. However, if you have an Orange phone, there may be a way using the Orange plugin- I haven't got one of the newer phones yet, so I don't know much about that, I'm afraid.

- What is the way to implement a menu sequence that will create a new SMS or mail, there seems to have on in icandy but doesn't work on my spv c500

Can't help you, I'm afraid. Don't think it's possible.

Guest chucky.egg

Seombody said that the standard Orange homescreen on the C500 allows you to link directly to a new SMS message.

I haven't tried it, but you could pull the XML apart and see how they do it there.

Guest bartsimp

thanks for your answers;

I figured out for the fonts colors for the web links

------

------

Yes I have an orange c500 phone but I don't know how to put two plugins on the same line.

Regarding new SMS, there is this feature in icandy that doesn't work on my handset

------

New SMS

------

I guess there is just a small work of adaptation to make it work... but I can't figure how this works.

Thx again for your helpthanks for your answers;

I figured out for the fonts colors for the web links

------

------

Yes I have an orange c500 phone but I don't know how to put two plugins on the same line.

Regarding new SMS, there is this feature in icandy that doesn't work on my handset

------

New SMS

------

I guess there is just a small work of adaptation to make it work... but I can't figure how this works.

Thx again for your help

As mentioned you can use the Orange uber plugin to position two plugins in the same line. Use the following code to do this:

<plugin height="x" width="100%" group="xxx" handlekeys="FOCUS" clsid="{A2536C57-6AC2-4c31-9542-B144B0E9D077}">

<shortcut width="82" height="xx">

<plugin y>

</plugin>

</shortcut>

<shortcut width="82" height="xx">

<plugin z>

</plugin>

</shortcut>

</plugin>[/code] where the x's are sensible numbers and y and z are two plugins. In the above i've made the two plugins 82px wide but this could be any combination that is less than or equal to 176px. The problem with the iCandy New Mail link is (as mentioned) that it was designed for the E200 so looks for Inbox rather than messaging. One of these days i'll get around to doing a C500 friendly version of it, :roll: promise.... TIP: Use the C500 version of the E200 homescreen (that you can download via Update on your C500) to get proper working versions of any of the Orange plugin gubbins. e.g. for a working version of starting a new SMS:
[code]<plugin height="20" width="100%" handlekeys="FOCUS" clsid="{A2536C57-6AC2-4c31-9542-B144B0E9D077}">

<format state="selected" padding-left="4" padding-right="4" bgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT" />

<format padding-left="4" padding-right="4" />

<background bgcolor="COLOR_NOTIFTRAY"/>

<shortcut width="100%" icon="-2" height="20" action="windowstmail.exe" args="-new" _keys="!Inbox.MainWnd;~50;-TSOFT1" _action="windowstmail.exe">

<label>

<text lang="0409">Write a new message</text>

<text lang="0809">Write a new message</text>

<text lang="040c">Nouveau message</text>

<text lang="0406">Skriv ny besked</text>

<text lang="0413">Maak een nieuw bericht</text>

<text lang="0407">Neue Nachricht</text>

<text lang="0410">Nuovo messaggio</text>

<text>Write a new message</text>

</label>

</shortcut>

</plugin>

Hope this helps :)

Guest bartsimp

I'm slowly progressing and adjusting the sizes and positions.

The SMS trick just launches the inbox with SMS selected in the accounts list, no new SMS is created.

I keep my progress posted in this thread.

Is there a way to make a windows explorer link to "StorageApplication DataHome"? Would save me time :)

Guest bartsimp

Ok, placing is good but big problems:

- There is a scroll done when i go on the righ that hides MRU and only shows batplug

- even worse, I can't right scroll through the apps, it goes directly to the batplug

- Same for messaging counts and new SMS

So, is it possible to make the batplug a non selectable one in the Orange plugin system?

Is it possible to make the whole thing not scrollable when you want to reach the plugin that's on the right (or left by the way if I was aligning 3 plugins).

Thanks for your advice!

I attach my latest version (to be seen on a dark background)

PitEssentials3.home.zip

Unfortunately there isn't a huge ammount of documentation available for the plugin as it was developed for the E200 and released 'as is' as part of the ROM. Iwas trying to put together a guide but it get shelved due to lack of time...

About your homescreen problems it sounds like you've got the wrong handlekeys="..." try replacing handlekeys="FOCUS" with handlekeys="CHILDFIRST" and let us know if it works.

Do a search about spoofing key presses for what skunkchild was talking about sending keys....

To save time when developing homescreens i use taoski's quick refresh which save bags of time...

Guest bartsimp

Wahou, this soft is really great!!! Thanks.

I still have the problem of an unusable MRU plugin( unless I put it on the right of the battery but it's ugly

and the SMS command just launches the messaging :)