BTAutoSync SP [Bluetooth AutoSync] [v0.0.3] > Now BTAutoSyncWM5.0

Guest gaplayer26

Guest Socrates

One more question (maybe a stupid one). Is there anyway I can make this application immune to "close all" in the task manager? I'm a little obsessive about shutting down the stockpile of leftover apps every so often.

Guest mkent_barbados

Hi, any way to BT sync with two different computers? I had it set up at work first, then when I went home I set it up there. On going to work the next I CANNOT get it to BT sync. Have tried changing the "Connect to" in Advance PC settings, rediscovering the PC, pretty much everything. But it just won't take. Still synchs at home over BT though. Any ideas?

Ok, now I just plugged into my USB cable at work, and its charging. But I cant active synch, just doesnt see the phone! Tried changing connection type back to USB but no joy. Sigh.

Guest gaplayer26
PS. Gaplayer. Tell me where to send money. :) This thing is going to make life easier!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey thanks for the kind gesture - very encouraging. :(

Guest gaplayer26
It would be easier if you could select the partner from a list. Gald you got it working. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Version 0.0.3 will have this feature.

PS. Thanks for the help! :(

One more question (maybe a stupid one). Is there anyway I can make this application immune to "close all" in the http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=7065>Task Manager? I'm a little obsessive about shutting down the stockpile of leftover apps every so often.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will take a look at whether or not I can do this - If I can, I will.... :(

Hi, any way to BT sync with two different computers?  I had it set up at work first, then when I went home I set it up there.  On going to work the next I CANNOT get it to BT sync.  Have tried changing the "Connect to" in Advance PC settings, rediscovering the PC, pretty much everything.  But it just won't take.  Still synchs at home over BT though.  Any ideas? 

Ok, now I just plugged into my USB cable at work, and its charging.  But I cant active synch, just doesnt see the phone!  Tried changing connection type back to USB but no joy.  Sigh.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you tried powering the phone off/on? I sometimes have this problem (switching between USB and BT) and can only sort it by power cycling the phone. :cry:

Guest cyrilthefish

Absolutely brilliant app, works perfectly :(

I do have one request though: could you make a version without the taskbar icon please? the icon doesn't really serve any usefull purpose except to use up the allready tiny title area at the top of the screen. it also has that bug where if you close the app the icon dissapears, but you don't get the free space back...

so, pretty please? :)

Guest gaplayer26
Absolutely brilliant app, works perfectly  :(

I do have one request though: could you make a version without the taskbar icon please? the icon doesn't really serve any usefull purpose except to use up the allready tiny title area at the top of the screen. it also has that bug where if you close the app the icon dissapears, but you don't get the free space back...

so, pretty please?  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, thanks for the comments.

In Version 0.0.2 I have corrected the corrupt notification icon and space hogging issue... :(

I'm hoping to post v0.0.2 by Monday....

Guest Socrates

How do I get this app to autostart on an SMT5600?

I put the shortcut into "Startup" but it doesn't seem to help. This is probaly more of "duh" kind of thing, but help!

One more question (maybe a stupid one). Is there anyway I can make this application immune to "close all" in the http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=7065>Task Manager? I'm a little obsessive about shutting down the stockpile of leftover apps every so often.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I completely agree with Socrates.. THis would be a great feature. I have http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=7065>Task Manager on my c500 as '2' then the shortcut to stop all programs is 2.

there is a workaround. if one brings up the menu for the http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=7065>Task Manager on the c500, then menu, it'll give you the options for stopping programs etc. as BTAutosync always starts first, it is at the top of the list so is selected. there is an option under the menu i just talked about for 'stop all but selected'.

annoyingly, this is the option which doesn;t have a key shortcut similar to the 'stop all programs' shortcut!! aaaaagh :roll: :)

so yes, the immunity would be great, as would the program starting 'minimized' so i dont have to hit the http://www.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>home screen button when i turn on just to get anything done.

also the 'no taskbar icon' option woudl be great.

great program gaplayer! from this thread, it sounds like you will be very busy on 0.0.2! :(

Bluff

"As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing."

Guest gaplayer26
I put the shortcut into "Startup" but it doesn't seem to help. This is probaly more of "duh" kind of thing, but help!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure about that, the .CAB should automatically place a shortcut to BTAutoSync in the Start Menu when installed - has anyone else experienced this problem?

so yes, the immunity would be great, as would the program starting 'minimized' so i dont have to hit the http://www.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>home screen button when i turn on just to get anything done.

also the 'no taskbar icon' option woudl be great.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

v0.0.2 starts 'minimized' :). Also, the corrupt notification icon and space hogging issue is fixed in v0.0.2. I'll look at adding an option to remove the notification icon altogether...(won't make it in v0.0.2 though :cry: as I *should* be releasing that tomorrow...).

As far as making the app immune to 'close all' in TM, I'm looking into it as a few others have asked for the same thing... :mrgreen:

Edited by gaplayer26

Hey,

this a really brilliant tool! Congratulations! :)

Thats what I searched for a long time! I've installed and it works prefect.

One wish :( :

- a discionnect after syncing would be helpful to save energy, i.e. after some minutes?

Anyhow, a real must to have application!

And by case, do you have something also available for PPC's? There is the same weakness of MS "installed".

Take care,

kube

Guest gaplayer26
- a discionnect after syncing would be helpful to save energy, i.e. after some minutes?

I believe the additional power usage is only marginal while connected so I'm not sure how useful that would be - the main power usage comes from the Bluetooth Radio being turned on all the time...however, implimenting a 'Disconnect after Sync.' function would not be hard to do... :)

And by case, do you have something also available for PPC's? There is the same weakness of MS "installed".

I don't have anything for PPC (as I don't have one :cry:) but there is a commercial BTAutoSync for PPC ($30US :shock: ) available from HighPoint which does the same....

HTH

Edited by gaplayer26

installed v0.0.2

just one bug i've noticed:

when you have sim lock turned on, as i'm sure most people do, after you enter the sim, bt autosync sp is not minimized!

i like the 'do not sync between' option... good battery saver when i know i'm not near my computer

Guest gaplayer26
when you have sim lock turned on, as i'm sure most people do, after you enter the sim, bt autosync sp is not minimized!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:cry: I don't use Sim Lock so I did not find that... - I have fixed the bug and will make it available sooon... :)

Thanks for testing...

Guest chucky.egg
if you decide to let people make donations, just post

Yep, I second that. Would be happy to contribute

Can I request more options in the "dont sync between" field. I work 8am til 5pm, so the closest I can get is "9am to 6pm", which means that my diary wont update straight away when I get to the office.

If you can add several more options then you'll probably find that it fits enough people and stops you getting the "can I set my own time periods" request! :)

Edited by chucky.egg

Guest Socrates

Autostarting works now. I changed two things: 1) I removed .1 and installed .2, and 2) I installed it in the phone instead of the storage card. I don't know which one made the difference. Probably the location.

Guest gaplayer26

v0.0.2 Released!

I can't edit my post title :roll: , so incase you don't know v0.0.2 is out (Check out the first page...)

For those who have asked to make donations, thank you!

-------------------------------------------

I can accept donations via PayPal:

>> Make a PayPal Donation <<

-------------------------------------------

Oh, and if you know how I can edit the title, please let me know... ](*,)

Edited by gaplayer26

I've got v0.02, but am having problems with the discovery of partners (as was mentioned in an earlier thread). BT ActiveSync works perfectly when run manually, but just sits there either waiting for discovery or searching for a partner.

Any ideas?

BTW, keep up the great work! :)

Tim.

Edited by Phrak

Guest gaplayer26
I've got v0.02, but am having problems with the discovery of partners (as was mentioned in an earlier thread). BT ActiveSync works perfectly when run manually, but just sits there either waiting for discovery or searching for a partner.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

In BTAutoSync:

# Make sure your Bluetooth partner is in uppercase.

# Make sure 'Sync via Bluetooth every' option is not disabled.

In ActiveSync on the phone:

# Menu > Options > PC Settings > Menu > Advanced, 'Connect using' should be set to 'Bluetooth'

On the PC:

# Make sure your desktop PC is set to 'Discoverable'

Also, perform a 'manual scan' (Options > Synchronise) - wait for the discovery procedure to finish (20seconds) the select 'Options > About', the 'Last Scan Found' option (Under debug) should show the name of your Desktop - this is the name that should be entered in 'Bluetooth Partner' on the phone. If there is nothing in 'Last Scan Found', your PC is not 'Discoverable' or something else is wrong (an I'll be scared :shock: )

Let me know if you get it to work!

Let me know if you get it to work!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks a bunch Garth, worked a treat! :)

Could you consider putting these instructions in a readme included with the download?

Tim.

Guest gaplayer26
Thanks a bunch Garth, worked a treat! :)

Could you consider putting these instructions in a readme included with the download?

Tim.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup, busy working on an 'Installer' with some basic documentation included....

:(

Guest chucky.egg

Not sure if it's BTAutoSync 002 playing up, or something else, but I've just had "Not enough memory" errors trying to load a webpage from the Phone. NEVER seen that before.

The only recent additions are TomTom and BTAutoSync, and my phone had only been on for 4 hours so far today.

I'm not saying it IS BTAutoSync, and I can't seem to recreate it, but maybe other people are having problems too?

Guest gaplayer26
Not sure if it's BTAutoSync 002 playing up, or something else, but I've just had "Not enough memory" errors trying to load a webpage from the Phone.  NEVER seen that before.

The only recent additions are TomTom and BTAutoSync, and my phone had only been on for 4 hours so far today.

I'm not saying it IS BTAutoSync, and I can't seem to recreate it, but maybe other people are having problems too?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is the first I have come across a 'Not enough memory error' - hopefully it is a 'once off' problem and has nothing to do with TomTom or BTAutoSync ...

Please let us all know if you do (or don't!) experience the problem again...

If anyone else has experienced the exact same problem, please post (including your configuration).

Guest jblust

I tried out BTAutoSync 0.02 and I'm getting the following message: "Autosync not possible. Please ensure ActiveSync connection type is set to 'Bluetooth'."

For whatever reason, on my mpx220, ActiveSync only gives me the option of connecting via "`USB" or "`Bluetooth AS". I don't know why it calls it Bluetooth AS instead of just Bluetooth, but this is causing 0.02 to not work for me. I have no idea if there's a way for me to tweak Activesync to call it `Bluetooth, or if this would break my hard-earned bluetooth sync completely :)

I uninstalled 0.02 and installed 0.01 but couldn't get that to work either. It never managed to find the partner when the timer elapsed. What can I do?

Guest gaplayer26
I tried out BTAutoSync 0.02 and I'm getting the following message: "Autosync not possible. Please ensure ActiveSync connection type is set to 'Bluetooth'."

For whatever reason, on my mpx220, ActiveSync only gives me the option of connecting via "`USB" or "`Bluetooth AS". I don't know why it calls it Bluetooth AS instead of just Bluetooth, but this is causing 0.02 to not work for me. I have no idea if there's a way for me to tweak Activesync to call it `Bluetooth, or if this would break my hard-earned bluetooth sync completely  :)

v0.0.2 checks a registry entry is set to 'Bluetooth (that exact value) and if it's incorrect, will display that message - however, it will still will still attempy a discovery and sync. (if Bluetooth partner is found) after you press 'OK'.

I uninstalled 0.02 and installed 0.01 but couldn't get that to work either. It never managed to find the partner when the timer elapsed. What can I do?

Check the following:

#1 - Perform a 'manual scan' (Options > Synchronise) - wait for the discovery procedure to finish (20seconds) the select 'Options > About', the 'Last Scan Found' option (Under debug) should show the name of your Desktop - this is the name that should be entered in 'Bluetooth Partner' on the phone (Enter it exactly as shown here). If there is nothing in 'Last Scan Found', your PC is not 'Discoverable'...

#2 - Ensure that the Bluetooth radio is 'ON' on the mobile.

If you perform a manual sync. from within ActiveSync (Menu > Sync via Bluetooth), does it work?

I'd use v0.0.1 for the moment until I can include 'Bluetooth AS' as a connection type in the next release.

HTH and please post your findings...