BTAutoSync SP [Bluetooth AutoSync] [v0.0.3] > Now BTAutoSyncWM5.0

Guest gaplayer26

Garth, just a minor thing - whilst the app is searching for a partner, the options menu is not available, so you can't exit or change the settings for those 10seconds (or whatever it is) until it's "waiting for discovery" again.

No biggie though :)

Tim

Guest gaplayer26
Garth, just a minor thing -  whilst the app is searching for a partner, the options menu is not available, so you can't exit or change the settings for those 10seconds (or whatever it is) until it's "waiting for discovery" again.

No biggie though :D

Tim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately this is due to the bluetooth discovery procedure :| I did have a version which did not experience this problem by creating it's own thread but was ran into a few problem so I left it out - I'll look at revisiting that. However, it's generally not a good idea to make changes during the scan anyway...

Guest jblust
I'd use v0.0.1 for the moment until I can include 'Bluetooth AS' as a connection type in the next release.

HTH and please post your findings...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, I tried again this morning, and 0.0.1 is working properly for me after all. I'll continue using this until the next release. Great program! Thanks!

Guest giuliastro

It would be very nice to have this nice little up turn on Bluetooth whenever it tries to connect to activesync and turn it off whenever it's finished syncing. Would it be possible? This would be very handy.

Guest gaplayer26
It would be very nice to have this nice little up turn on Bluetooth whenever it tries to connect to activesync and turn it off whenever it's finished syncing. Would it be possible? This would be very handy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have already done some work on this - turning the radio off/on before/after is no problem, except that it brings the device out of standby mode (i.e. Backlight and display come on). I'm trying to find a workaround but backlight control is OEM specific (i.e. turning it on/off via software is different for each manufacturer). :cry:

But if there's a way, I'll do it :D

But. please, if realized, keep it as an option :D for people using BT also for other purposes...

Maybe an option, to start if not started before and to end the BT radio, if not started before...

:D

I have already done some work on this - turning the radio off/on before/after is no problem, except that it brings the device out of  standby mode (i.e. Backlight and display come on).  I'm trying to find a workaround but backlight control is OEM specific (i.e. turning it on/off via software is different for each manufacturer).  :cry:

But if there's a way, I'll do it  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest gaplayer26
But. please, if realized, keep it as an option  :D for people using BT also for other purposes...

Maybe an option, to start if not started before and to end the BT radio, if not started before...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hehhe :P yup, it would definately be an option - a checkbox saying 'Turn BT Radion on/off before/after sync' - for those with headsets etc... :D

Guest zwarthoed.

After deleting the autosync 0.2 I am not able anymore to reinstall it again. I think I deleted all files of the programm. When I try to install it it says: autosync is not installed.... :cry:

What can I do now ?? :roll:

Thank you

Guest gaplayer26
After deleting the autosync 0.2 I am not able anymore to reinstall it again. I think I deleted all files of the programm. When I try to install it it says: autosync is not installed.... :cry:

What can I do now ?? :roll:

Thank you

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you tried uninstalling it from the phone via ActiveSync on the PC? (Options > Add/Remove Programs - After you are connected of course)

Guest zwarthoed.

I tried but it didnot work out :cry:

may be I did not delete every file ??

I deleted the autosync map in the appmgr map + one file in the startup map + the icon in start menu + the autosync map on the storage card...... :roll:

are there more autosync files in the phone ? may be I missed one........

thanks

Guest gaplayer26
I tried but it didnot work out :cry:

may be I did not delete every file ??

I deleted the autosync map in the appmgr map + one file in the startup map + the icon in start menu + the autosync map on the storage card...... :roll:

are there more autosync files in the phone ? may be I missed one........

thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Files/Folders created during installation are:

- \Program Files\BTAutoSync v0.0.2\BTAutoSync.exe (Where is Storage or Storage Card)

- \Storage\windows\Start Menu\BTAutoSync.lnk

- \Storage\windows\StartUp\BTAutoSync.lnk

Registry Keys:

HKCU\Software\BTAutoSync\ (You can delete this with PHM registry editor which can be downloaded from Airfagev.com).

I have replicated your scenario and not experienced the same problem :cry:

I am able to re-install without any problems. Have you tried powering the phone off/on and then re-installing?

Can you think of anything else you may have done?

Guest zwarthoed.

I deleted the key with registry editor but .... it did not work out...

I dont know what it is but this is what I did step by step:

- installed first autosync 0.1

- installed autosync 0.2 on my storage card (thought that if I installed autosync 0.2 the 0.1 version would be removed automaticaly before instalation.)

- autosync did not autosync itself after one minute when I turned on the phone.

(thought that this had something to do because I put the programm on the storage card and not the phone itself)

- deleted the first and second edition of autosync to do the final on the phone itself ..... and the rest of the story you know I cannot do it again.....

Will have a look at it tomorow and let you know if there is a change...

thanks

:idea:

Hey,

I've another request for a feature.... :D of this great application...

Since I've also have days sitting for hours continously on my desk (yes, thats happening also) and if I dont keep an eye on my SDA, the AutoSync starts as perfect as it could be and stays connected for hrs...

And that drains the battery, amazingly fast, just a couple of hrs :twisted: and the battery gets remarkable faster frained than w/o the active AS.

So could you add an disconnect after xxx minutes / hrs function???

Cheers,

kube

Guest gaplayer26
So could you add an disconnect after xxx minutes / hrs function???

Sure, I'll add a 'Disconnect after sync.' function.

If anyone else has any reasonable requests or ideas, please post

Guest thkescf

I'm having some trooble with the btautosync on the german version of "SPV500" called "t-mobile SDA". Thats why i'm interested in the sourcecode. is it possible to get it? i can help to bring it to work on the "sda", and some guys in germany would be very happy.

greating frank

Guest gaplayer26
I'm having some trooble with the btautosync on the german version of "SPV500" called "t-mobile SDA". Thats why i'm interested in the sourcecode. is it possible to get it? i can help to bring it to work on the "sda", and some guys in germany would be very happy.

greating frank

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What problems are you experiencing? Can you post some error messages or give some more details and I'll gladly help.

Guest chucky.egg
Sure, I'll add a 'Disconnect after sync.' function.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any news on a new version with this on.

I've noticed the battery drain too recently - 100% down to 36% in the course of one day (not all due to BTAutoSync!)

Guest gaplayer26
Any news on a new version with this on.

I've noticed the battery drain too recently - 100% down to 36% in the course of one day (not all due to BTAutoSync!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yup - it's on its way...just busy testing atm....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest smartgeek

This really is a great application, but I have three problems. I keep my SMT5600 in Keypad locked mode throughout the day because buttons accidentally get pressed if I don't. It seems that BTAutoSync won't fire if the phone is in this mode, is this true? Do I have to keep my phone unlocked all day?

Second, I don't have a problem leaving Bluetooth on all day but it is a neccessity to have it disconnect right after the sync is done. I have a pocket pc that auto syncs as well and if my SP is still connected the ppc can't

Third, Why does the PC need to be in discoverable mode? I already have a BT partnership with the phone. This leaves the PC open and vulnerable.

Thanks for your help. This application really does rock! Do you have a target for the next release?

Guest gaplayer26
This really is a great application, but I have three problems.  I keep my SMT5600 in Keypad locked mode throughout the day because buttons accidentally get pressed if I don't. It seems that BTAutoSync won't fire if the phone is in this mode, is this true? Do I have to keep my phone unlocked all day? 
Sorry but I am not experiencing this on my C500.... is anyone else?

Second, I don't have a problem leaving Bluetooth on all day but it is a neccessity to have it disconnect right after the sync is done.  I have a pocket pc that auto syncs as well and if my SP is still connected the ppc can't

v0.0.3 has this feature, It is due for release very soon... 8)

Third, Why does the PC need to be in discoverable mode? I already have a BT partnership with the phone. This leaves the PC open and vulnerable.
Mainly because it was easier to program, a LOT easier.... :lol:

Thanks for your help.  This application really does rock! Do you have a target for the next release?

Within a week or so.... 8)

Guest smartgeek

Is there any way to reduce the amount of memory that the program uses? It seems to take an awful lot. Also I would be willing to beta test an early release. The disconnect feature is the only thing that is holding me back from using it all the time.

Guest gaplayer26

OK all, have uploaded v0.0.3 - :lol:

Have tried to add as many of the requests as possible...

It will be some time before I can do any more work on BTAutoSync SP - I am busy preparing the source code to upload and hopefully some of you will be able to continue working on this by adding/removing/re-writing it....