Tommorow will receive my new laptop!

Guest Eldar2k

Guest Eldar2k

Last week I ordered laptop SONY VAIO VGN-A250 from Best Buy (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1093386298496&skuId=6840163&productCategoryId=cat01174&type=product), and tommorow I will receive my new laptop! I have been using Acer Aspire 1356 LMi (AMD ATHLON XP-M 2800+, 512MB, 60GB, 15.0", Ati Radeon 9200 64MB, DVD-RW, Win XP Home, Wi-Fi >>> just top of the line of 1350 series) since august, but icredibly I have already had 2 BIG PROBLEMS with it! First > > > after 1 week of using my Acer small scratches started to appearing on my screen holder > > > DISPLAY changed, full warranty cover, no paying.

OK, lets just say once something wrong can happen....BUT!

Second problem > > > My hard drive died, dont really know why, it justed died, even BIOS didnt recognize HDD anymore, and because I am in USA right now, but I bought ACER in Czech Republic I had to pay for new HDD which is 100GB right now >> warranty is valid only in Czech Republic...THIS IS INCREDIBLE, I PAYED 1300USD for this laptop and I have already had 2 problems with it!

If someone of you is considering for an Acer, better consider for another brand. Seriosly! Last problem happened two weeks ago!

I AM TIRED! I went to the local BEST BUY store and ordered Sony Vaio VGN-A250, I hope this laptop will be at least two times better than an Acer.

OK, now I have a BIG question for you >>> do you have any experience with SONY laptops? Not just with an A250, but I mean with brand.

Just if you would make some time for me and write here about your laptop experience (now I dont care if its sony or not, just whatever brand you are using) > it will be awesome. I am just wondering whats your opinion. Thanks!

BY THE WAY, if you can post pics of your laptop it will be wonderful, I will post mine poor ACER soon!

P1010023.JPG

P1010022.JPG

Guest Gorskar

Got a laptop from Time computers back in May. The first one I had had a dodgy motherboard - would randomly crash, sometimes accompanied by a spark sound.

Got it replaced (2 weeks no laptop :) ) and fortunately the replacement has been great (apart from rubbish range from the inbuilt wireless, but I decided this wasnt worth another 2 weeks loss of laptop and got a PCMCIA add in card instead.

Everything else is great. 1400 x 1050 15.1" screen, 1GB RAM, 128mb radeon 9600 graphics (dont count on time for driver support! Im using the Omega drivers which resolved a problem with C&C Generals and Dawn of War crashing.)

60gb HDD, Athlon XP 64 3000+

Only niggle is that the Fn key is in the bottom left corner to the left of the Ctrl key - as a games player it would be MUCH better if these keys were swapped (like happens on some laptops)

This means that I pretty much have to rely on external keyboard for serious gameplay...

Guest Eldar2k

Guys from Best Buy just called me! >>> laptop in the store for immediate pick up >>> will post photos soon.

UPDATED >>> 22:10

Guess what?!? I went to my PICK UP Best Buy store (earlier they had sent email that I have to take my laptop from the store ) and they told me the laptop didnt come! :cry:

They also told me that it will come tommorow. Will post UPDATE tommorow.