SSEYO miniMIXA Released!!

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest nedge2k

Well its been a long time coming and finally after four months SSEYO miniMIXA has been released :)

I've done a little review of it over on MSMobileNews which can be found HERE

...but just to give you a little taster....

15-12-04-press-key.gif15-12-04-full.gif15-12-04-vis-multi-7.gif

“the most innovative, powerful and feature-packed mobile music creativity application you can lay your hands on. It has DJ mixing, sequencing, synthesis, visualisation & recording studio capability all rolled into one. It is so good, it has even won a nomination for a BAFTA!”
When you start the application you are confronted with a splash screen which then takes you to the menu. The menu gives you options to perform a variety of tasks which you can see in the screenshot.

We’ll start with creating a new audio ringtone. Upon clicking this, you are taken to a sub menu which allows you to select a “mixa pak”. The standard installation comes with the MIXA1 pak and has enough sounds and effects to keep amused for hours. However, after a while, you may want to invest in some more which are available from the Sseyo site.

Enjoy! :(

Guest peteatmodaco

This program truly rocks!!! Try the send email feature (if you have a suitable phone) - amazing to be able to send mixes straight from a mobile.

Hey - why hasn't all this been possible on a mobile before??? :?: Maybe operators have been too focused on adding cameras and sending pictures... whatever, proper mixing is at long last finally possible on mobiles - lets get mixing! :twisted:

Perhaps bizarrely, the generative Koan engine has been around since at least 1996: look at ... SSEYO and find Brian Eno's Koan album in the store... dates from 1996! Amazing to see tech from the last decade being re-applied in such a cool/compelling/fun/high-tech way - try it!!!!! :)

Guest pmerritt

In reply to this link. I did buy the full program and I still stand by what I said. Please don't misunderstand me, for what this program is doing on a phone, it is simply amazing. But, there are some things that could be done to make it even better. I have been speaking with Tim Cole at SSEYO about some of my observations and he has told me of some things i could do to overcome some things and explaiined some of the technical limitations because of the phone itself. as far as saying i was a little disappointed maybe that was worded a bit too harsh but i have really been anticipating this release for a long time and i just thought i would be able to make longer tracks. which Tim informed me that you can indeed make longer tracks by using your own samples. This is fine with me and i do plan on trying it out. I'm not sure about the coding that was done for this program but the only reason I thought $20.00 was high was because even most really good games released aren't priced at $20.00. I just thought it was kinda high for a smartphone app but i'm no programmer and have no idea what kind of manhours were spent coding, debugging and play testing this program so, i'm quite possibly wrong.

Guest awarner [MVP]

You cannot really compare game prices etc against this application, there

are plenty of other applications for around $20 and above.

Applications generally cost more than games.

(I'm not disputing wether you think the application is expensive or not as I have not tried it myself)

Guest nedge2k

I agree about not being able to make songs the way you can in pc software but Tim told you the same as he told me last month by the sounds of it...the phone just doesn't have enough physical memory to cope with it. When you think about it, its not just a case of playing individual tracks at the same time. The tracks have to be put somewhere you can mess about with them, where they can be combined with other tracks and where they can be kept in time with each other. If the phone had 32meg for program memory we'd be sorted...but on average its more like 7meg, which is nowhere near enough.

To be honest i was disappointed when i first got it but after a while you get used to it and grow to kinda like it. As for it being a little highly priced...in principal i agree but then again im quite sure that alot of work went into this. I mean, back in August i had a version that was not to dissimilar to the current version, so obviously they've been doing alot of fine tweaking to make it as good as possible.

Even if its not to everyone's taste, isn't nice to see professional developers putting alot of time and effort into software for a phone, unlike some others who charge high prices for something that looks like it was thrown together in a day.

Anyway, i love it :)

Guest nickcornaglia

Hmmm....this wont load on my SMT5600 saying that I do not have the proper certificate.

I app-unlocked my phone using the No Warez app. But it wont load. this is the first app that wont.

Guest nickcornaglia

I had some bad results so far. I re-downloaded the app to install...it did but then crashed my phone when I ran it. I'm not sure if it was the app or me plugging the power cord in while rebooting but the phone reset itself. The funny part is I never got to the bootloader screen...so I think it was the program that did it. Either way on the hard reset, the app still wont install on my phone....even after the clean reboot and then after decerting my phone....

I hope the get signed soon as I would like to try this app!

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.