::Bulletproof Guide [Almost!] to ActiveSync and Bluetooth::

Guest gaplayer26

Guest mini_man
I have not read your other post - where is it?

1) Windows SP2 comes with BT drivers built in - what do you mean you "cant get any bluetooth windows drivers"?

2) Any guide written for XP without SP2 will NOT work with SP2 - this is why this thread was started in the first place.

It would be far better to get the SP2 BT stack working rather than to try and resolve the conflicts you will (probably) encounter trying to use another BT stack with SP2.

Just my oppinion, but in my experience you are barking up the wrong tree.

Hmm well look up, yep keep going a bit further

oh yes its above your head

everything is above your head mentioned in the above post

Guest Confucious
Hmm well look up, yep keep going a bit further

oh yes its above your head

everything is above your head mentioned in the above post

Right..

I see what the problem is.

Guest mini_man

fantastic i got it workin! im scared to restart though :S i had to do some restartin though to get it configured not really bothered but how do u send files to the phone with the software? im so happy with this. odd thing is that it works with my old ME pc but not my xp oh well

First post with smartphone with wireless bluetooth internet! thanks mustaine

fantastic i got it workin! im scared to restart though :S i had to do some restartin though to get it configured not really bothered but how do u send files to the phone with the software? im so happy with this. odd thing is that it works with my old ME pc but not my xp oh well

First post with smartphone with wireless bluetooth internet! thanks mustaine

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How did you get it working? I have the exact same issue and I don't want to use the disc as I want to use the SP2 drivers. The Bluesoleil software will install if I use the disc but I cannot get Windows to browse the disc for drivers as it says it the Install Manager failed to start or something similar! ;)

Guest mini_man

i cant check properly but this is what i did

enable discovery mode on your phone

just pair the pc and the phone

make sure outgoing port is active

restart pc and phone

search for the phone

open active sync on the pc and tell it to use the com port 8

then connect via bluetooth on the phone via active sync and hopefully they will connect with eachother

grr had mine setup but stupid windows ME created some error with the bluetooth adapter so i had to reinstall windows and now im being very unsuccessful with discoverin my phone *angry*

Guest MOD-C500

Hello all,

how did you get Bluetooth active sync working on the c550, using the guide. i cant figuer it out could you please help.

is it possible to make an guide for the c550

thank you

Guest gaplayer26
Hello all,

how did you get Bluetooth active sync working on the c550, using the guide. i cant figuer it out could you please help.

is it possible to make an guide for the c550

thank you

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Should work on the C550, have also tried on the C600 and that works fine.

Guest MOD-C500

Hello all please, please reply, im still trying to get active sync too work with the c550, but the c550 is missing most of the settings.

1) there is no BTsetup in configurations

2) how can i add an outbond com port?

there are a few screen shots below, where am i going wrong?

Thanks again

hopefully next time it'll work ;)

post-131688-1138307252_thumb.jpg

Edited by MOD-C500

Guest MOD-C500

thanks for getting back,

that bit worked fine, i can get it to sync but only for three seconds while the active sync sign spins round. it says connecting but the says not connected.

any suggestions?

THX

Guest nick_sub

That doesn't sound like it's really connecting. I had it doing that a few times while I was trying to get it to work all week!

I'm guessing you're using a BlueSoliel BT adapter becasue you can't see the MicroSoft BT options on the taskbar or in control panel (and you're having some of the same problems I had this week!). Don't worry, I found that the BlueSoliel software works fine. Infact, you hardly need to touch it once it's installed.

The incoming/oucoming port selection screen is found under:

Start>Settings>Bluetooth>Bluetooth>Menu>Com Ports on the C550. You may find that you can't add either an incoming/outgoing port though, can't remember which one it was (more on that later).

I would recommend following the (excellent) guide here, with the follwoing exceptiond for BlueSoliel:

You don't have the MS BT drivers installed, and the BS program won't let you add an incoming port, so when you get to this stage turn BT on (set to discoverable is probably best) on the phone. Click the orange button on BS and it should find the phone I think phone icon appears on BS screen.

Now that it's connected with the PC you should be able to turn the outgoing and incoming ports on (one of them will have been greyed before).

From this point you can pretty much follow the guide.

Hope that helps, and sorry my memory is so sketchy, I've tried so may options and setups this week I'm struggling to remember which ones I used when I finally got it working! But the guide is very good and worked for me, taking into account the differences with MS/BS software and the C500/C550. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest elziado

I finally managed to get Bluetooth working using my C600, Bluesoleil and SP2!

I followed these steps from here

1. Set ActiveSync on the PC to listen to connections from the Bluetooth serial port.

2. Start ActiveSync on PDA

3. Select “Connect via Bluetooth…”

4. A dialogue Cannot find an existing bluetooth partnership with a PC that supports ActiveSync. Do you want to create a new partnership now appears. Select yes.

5. Ensure PC is discoverable.

6. Search for devices.

7. The PC will show up.

8. Pair with device, enter PIN on both devices.

9. Select the serial port service to use.

10. From the Bluetooth screen, select the COM Ports tab.

11. Create a new Incoming Port.

12. Go back to ActiveSync on the PDA.

13. Select “Connect via Bluetooth…”

14. The dialogue Cannot find an existing bluetooth partnership with a PC that supports ActiveSync. Do you want to create a new partnership now appears again. Select yes.

15. Now select the PC the paired with.

16. Serial port is shown.

17. Select refresh.

18. Watch in astonishment as serial port changes to ActiveSync

It is important that you make activesync search and then whilst it is searching you select refresh on the phone.

(Oh and for some reason it only works when I have Outlook open?!...)

Before trying this I had tried both guides here and kept getting "Cannot find an existing bluetooth partnership with a PC that supports ActiveSync. Do you want to create a new partnership now appears again?" errors.

Am so happy!

Edited by elziado

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NzingaE

I Hope someone can help me on this one:

My ActiveSync works well and when I turn on Bluetooth it recognizes every device that is on discover mode. Except for my new G2 Bluetrek headset (it's wireless and light pink..). It just doesn't find it... What should I do? I own a SPV C550 so it is supposed to work right? Does anyone else have this problem?

Edited by NzingaE

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Islanti

My T-Mobile US SDA synced great via BT with the MS Bluetooth (WinXP SP2) drivers after I initially installed ActiveSync 4.1. Unfortunately, recently the "ActiveSync Profile" disappeared from my system. I've tried running through the guide without success. It seems to me that MS added a requirement with WM5, as I could sync my 2003SE Smartphone fine with just the "serial port" profile. Is there some way to force the system to advertise the ActiveSync profile? Re-installing AS doesn't seem to make any difference.

Guest username132

I am using BlueSoleil software and have set up a partnership between the PC and C550. I'm able to access the files on my phone via My Computer but I can't syncronise with windows media player to get the music on in the way I normally do. WMP (on PC) doesn't detect a device to sync with.

Edited by username132

• 2 weeks later...
Guest apetrovic

This is just another example why I love this site!!! I have been trying to trouble shoot this one for ages from my mpx220 to my now SDA and your advise finally made it happen. The joy I am experiencing right now made me become a member of the site. So much of the advice on the site has allowed me to improve the performance of my SDA. Thank you all!!!!

hello guys... i'm new around here...

first of all i would like to congratulate you for this woderful site...

I just got myself yesterday a brand new C600... and i'm having problems using the ActiveSync via bluetooth... Under ActiveSync i connect to the PC (paired device) and on the smartphone I get to the screen that says "Services" and the only service is ActiveSync, witch is cheked... but on the PC side ActiveSync it says Not Conected...

Can some one please help me?

thanks...

Guest killerost

When I switched from WidComm to BlueSoleil bluetooth software ALL my activesync problems disappeared.

With WidComm I had to be "lucky" to be connected. With BlueSoleil the phone connects EVERY time!!

well, now i managed to sync my C600 to my PC using a BT connection but I have another problem... I can't connect to the internet using the PC connection (this is passthrough, right?). are there any other special settings I have to do?

Thanks...

• 2 months later...
Guest Kallisti

I have just struggled through all of this and have a quick note to add to the most recent list of steps...

In ActiveSync on the PC/Laptop, I allowed sync over the COM port that ActiveSync was claiming to go over (COM7 here) - that changed the serial port to "ActiveSync" in the bluetooth pairing screens.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Rob.P
I finally managed to get Bluetooth working using my C600, Bluesoleil and SP2!

I followed these steps from here

1. Set ActiveSync on the PC to listen to connections from the Bluetooth serial port.

2. Start ActiveSync on PDA

3. Select “Connect via Bluetooth…”

4. A dialogue Cannot find an existing bluetooth partnership with a PC that supports ActiveSync. Do you want to create a new partnership now appears. Select yes.

5. Ensure PC is discoverable.

6. Search for devices.

7. The PC will show up.

8. Pair with device, enter PIN on both devices.

9. Select the serial port service to use.

10. From the Bluetooth screen, select the COM Ports tab.

11. Create a new Incoming Port.

12. Go back to ActiveSync on the PDA.

13. Select “Connect via Bluetooth…”

14. The dialogue Cannot find an existing bluetooth partnership with a PC that supports ActiveSync. Do you want to create a new partnership now appears again. Select yes.

15. Now select the PC the paired with.

16. Serial port is shown.

17. Select refresh.

18. Watch in astonishment as serial port changes to ActiveSync

It is important that you make activesync search and then whilst it is searching you select refresh on the phone.

(Oh and for some reason it only works when I have Outlook open?!...)

Before trying this I had tried both guides here and kept getting "Cannot find an existing bluetooth partnership with a PC that supports ActiveSync. Do you want to create a new partnership now appears again?" errors.

Am so happy!

So am I, I think I love you :) From someone who wrote a guide for a few people using the Toshiba Bluetooth stack and an E200/500 and got that to work, but I have had so much grief getting the serial connection to establish and your tips were the puppy that did it (FINALLY!).

Thankyou

• 4 weeks later...
Guest danwatson1974

Oh wow ... I have finally managed to get this to work on the M500 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I cannot describe the feeling of utter relief at having eventuall got it right. The only problem is that I had been trying (unsuccessfully) so many different things, that I don't know what I eventually did that made it work.

I do know that I had been trying for ages (read months, off and on) with Activesync 3.8, and had no joy at all with that - I updated it to v 4.2 this morning and in less than 4 hate filled hours, I have managed to get it working ......... the Bluetooth help files on 4.2 are pretty good, and at least point you in the right direction. The other big advantage of 4.2 is that it lets you use COM Ports up to 19 or 20, which I couldn't do before.

Happy Happy, Joy Joy :D

• 1 month later...