WILL SMT5600 WORK IN CANADA?????

Guest MJM11

Does anyone know whether or not a Audiovox SMT5600 Smart Phone would work in Canada if it IS UNLOCKED? I want to buy one of Ebay but I want to make sure that I can get it to work with my local GSM carrier (Rogers AT&T, or Telus). If anyone could help me out here that would be AWESOME or if you want email me @ [email protected]

thanks everyone!

Does anyone know whether or not a Audiovox SMT5600 Smart Phone would work in Canada if it IS UNLOCKED? I want to buy one of Ebay but I want to make sure that I can get it to work with my local GSM carrier (Rogers AT&T, or Telus). If anyone could help me out here that would be AWESOME or if you want email me @ [email protected]

thanks everyone!

i don't see any reason why it won't work in Canada, unless it's network locked to an specific network. if it is network unlocked i'd say you go for it. :)

Guest Confucious

What frequency do Canadian telcos transmit on? The 5600 is tri band, 850 1800 and 1900. If you need 900 then you would need a C500 or one of the other variations.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

• 1 month later...
Guest millenia

thanks everyone!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you want to use the SMT5600 in Canada, you would have to use Rogers or Fido (Not Telus) as they are the ONLY GSM Providers in the Country.

I am currently using this phone (unlocked) on both the Rogers and Fido Networks.

Guest millenia
What frequency do Canadian telcos transmit on? The 5600 is tri band, 850 1800 and 1900. If you need 900 then you would need a C500 or one of the other variations.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The two (2) Canadian GSM Providers transmit on the following bands;

Rogers - 850/1900

Fido - 1900

In fact, the 850 and 1900 Bands are the ONLY GSM Bands in North America

Guest Austin519

Mine worked fine in Vancouver while I was there, over Rogers. I was placing calls at the top of Whistler :D Always fun to do that and ask your US friends "Hey, guess where I am while you're at work. Here, I'll MMS you a picture!"

Austin519

• 2 weeks later...