Asian Tsunami...

Guest grumpy_old_technobyte

Guest grumpy_old_technobyte

My thoughts and prayers go to those lost and those who lost family around IndianOcean. Hats off to Americans and friends for helping big!

Guest awarner [MVP]

It's good to see everyone pitching in to help.

It's a sad time for the world over, let's hope they do not suffer from any more after shocks and wish them a speedy recovery in rebiulding their lives.

Guest the_ugly_north

PS. The EU, one of the largest and richest collection of countries on earth has seen fit to give £2 million. Sorry but that is PATHETIC and is not good enough. That won't even cover the treatment being given to EU nationals in the disaster areas. What is more cringeworthy is that the EU loses more than that in fraud a day. I am ashamed and embarassed.

Guest chucky.egg
The EU .... has seen fit to give £2 million.  Sorry but that is PATHETIC ....

Couldn't agree more. It's disgusting.

Not wishing to sidetrack this thread, but how does that compare to the money spent fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq? I doubt it's more than one hour's worth of bombs. I guess the Maldives and Thailand don't have much oil.

I can't pray for those affected, but I feel for them and have donated what I can to help.

Guest pwest13

Just thought i would say i htink its quality how the public has come together especially seeing as the government have done sod all enough. Even online communities such as MoDaCo,

Well done all, makes me proud to be a member,

Westy

I think I'm right in saying that the British public raised something like £15 million in the first day and a half and the government then upped their contribution to beat that so they've not been that tight with their donation have they?

Guest Disco Stu

Those countries affected will need continuing support remember.

Think of all those people who have lost everything they ever owned. They'll need help rebuilding their economies after the life-saving is over.

Cancelling debt is one way to ease the burden for struggling third world nations.

And don't forget Africa is still in desperate trouble.