Papyrus calendar replacement app (beta version)

Guest drblow

I just found this little calendar replacement application from SBSH software called Papyrus. It works fine on my C500, and has quite a few functions that the default calendar lacks. It is still in quite an early stage, so it should get even better soon.

Here's the link - HERE.

:wink:

As a PowerCalendar user from day one I must say that this little program got the one thing right straight away that I have been waiting for in PowerCalendar forever : The monthly view with preview ! Lovely 8)

If Developer One don't add this function to PowerCalendar or decide to add in a 3.* version meaning I have to dish out another $12 I'm staying with this one !

Haven't noticed any bugs yet btw... how about you other folks ?

Guest jackofall

Its just been updated today

Papyrus version history

Ver 0.9.02, 12/30/2004

* When moving between days on the daily view the first item will now be automatically selected

* The first item on the list view will now be selected by default when entering the list view display or moving between dates.

* On monthly view the first day will be initially selected or today's date when it is today's month.

* View appointment dialog will now include a scroll bar when the item description is longer then the screen height.

* Creating a new appointment on the daily view will create the new appointment with the start/end date set to the current selected day on the daily view

* Creating a new appointment on the list view will create the new appointment with the start/end date set to the current selected day on the list view

* Creating a new appointment on the month view will create the new appointment with the start/end date set to the current selected day on the month view

* When navigating on the monthly calendar with the SP joy-pad it will now move to the next/prev month when reaching the month boundaries.

* New option added under monthly view settings to set the starting day of the monthly calendar: Sunday/Monday

* Many cod improvements with the monthly calendar display code.

* Monthly calendar now also include previous and next month margin dates showing in gray on both sides of the calendar.

* New option added to remove the bottom quick-list on the monthly view and use full screen monthly view.

Not as yet but it is one of the features they are working on aswell as a homescreen plugin :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Veeeery cool :(

Imagine if the plugin would show appointments and actual tasks on the homescreen :(

Noticed something not sure if its a bug or sommin, however in settings when choosing the monthly view settings the Menu bar displays list view settings, so it looks like there is not the option to change the monthly settings at present

UPDATE

Looks like its fixed in the new release

rgds

jim

Edited by jfran

Guest jackofall
Good morning everybody,

After a long night with lots of pizza, almost no sleep I re-coded almost all of the Papyrus engine cool.gif and I'm happy to release a new Papyrus version, version 0.9.03.  (and soon I'll probably go to sleep for an hour....)

This version is a public beta version and can be downloaded for free

What's new in version 0.9.03?

* Problem with alarms showing while not defined fixed.

* Problem when adding new appt on the monthly view, then moving to the daily view, and then trying to enter the monthly view again didn't worked fixed.

* Missing multi-day appointments on their first day on the monthly calendar timelines issue fixed - appointments will now be visible correctly on the mini-timelines.

* Open and Delete menu items will now be disabled when clicking the Menu on the monthly view.

* When entering the Papyrus settings it will now enter the settings page according to the current selected display on Papyrus.

* New option added to the list view, set starting day of the list view: current day or week start.

* Hovering a date on the monthly view will automatically load this date appointments on the bottom mini-list view when the mini-list view is active on the settings.

* Back button will now cache the last visited view and clicking the back button will revert to the last view, another click on the back button will exit Papyrus.

* Problem when loading the daily view from the monthly view not allowing to scroll through the items on certain cases fixed.

* Code improvements when loading daily and list view, should load faster.

* From now all appointments longer then 15 minutes will show on the monthly mini-timelines; 1:15 long appointment will show as two wide pixel line on the mini-timeline.

* Monthly calendar will now refresh correctly when the displayed appointments changes.

http://www.sbsh.net/

Guest chucky.egg

This looks great

Any info yet on whether this will be freeware when finished? By the looks of it (the number of features and the obvious care taken in design) I'm guessing... NO!

Guest mwille
This looks great

Any info yet on whether this will be freeware when finished?  By the looks of it (the number of features and the obvious care taken in design) I'm guessing... NO!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Personally i could care less, its a good program in beta already, and if they really ad a customizable homescreen plugin they deserve to ask a some bucks for the work. I sure as hell don't work for free :D

Guest jackofall

from Amit on SBSH

Selling price will be around $16-17, and all forum members that joined during public beta stages and helped us to test Papyrus at this stage will receive a special offer to get Papyrus for ~$9.95. I hope these prices will be fair prices for our users :D

But we still plan to add many things until it will go commercial.

From what ive seen Amit is very responvise to bug reports and feature requests so it will be a very well supported app

:D

Guest chucky.egg

Oh yeah. Don't get me wrong, I was only asking, not saying "I aint paying for it!" :D

I've only just installed it, but if it's as good as it looks I'd be happy to pay - $16 is about £8, which is a snip really

And you're right - it looks like it'll be a VERY well supported product based on his attention so far

Guest chucky.egg

This is really good!

A couple of suggestions though, not sure if i should post then here or on the SBSH Forums...

1. The date range in the title area of the List View shows US date formats. An option to change that would be nice.

2. The List View is really useful. Can we have an option to choose what view (Day, List, Month) we want the app to start up in?

3. The layout of the Custom alarm page isn't as nice as the others, but that's minor really.

Otherwise I'm really impressed. Very quick, nicely laid out, good range of options.

I'm using it with the scrolling appointment plugin which makes for a great combination.

Edited by chucky.egg

Guest mwille
2. The List View is really useful. Can we have an option to choose what view (Day, List, Month) we want the app to start up in?

It comes back in the same view that it was in last time i closed it. Doesn't it do that on yours ?

I agree otherwise, this is very good indeed :D I'm feeling ever more sorry for buying PowerCalendar 8)

PowerCalendar is a very good app but has been lacking the much needed month & week views.

Once Papyrus supports tasks & has an agenda view which lists both tasks & appointments it will really give PowerCalendar a run for the money.

Oxios ToDo list is the best Tasks replacement I have seen but it has no support for appointments. Getting at both appointments & tasks via the same app is very important to me.

In the end, competition always results in better products for us!

Guest jackofall
This is really good!

A couple of suggestions though, not sure if i should post then here or on the SHSB Forums...

1. The date range in the title area of the List View shows US date formats. An option to change that would be nice.

3. The layout of the Custom alarm page isn't as nice as the others, but that's minor really.

Otherwise I'm really impressed. Very quick, nicely laid out, good range of options.

I'm using it with the scrolling appointment plugin which makes for a great combination.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd post them at SHSB not sure if Amit visits here but I can answer a couple

1. This is a known bug but it wouldnt hurt to remind Amit

2. Same as mwille for me

3. I think this is b/c its new to this version

I think that they are looking at working with sullivanpt for thier plugin (I may be wrong)

But this program does rock! as svk says once they include tasks I think they will be the market leader

Guest mwille
In the end, competition always results in better products for us!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Absolutely ! 8)

I agree about the tasks by the way.. But a customizable homescreen plugin would be a big one for me too..

Guest amitregev

Just found this post so I decided to post our updates here too :D

We've just released a new version, 0.9.06. You can read more about this version and donwload it for free from the following URL:

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3013

What's new in version 0.9.06?

* New "Default values" settings page added.

* New option added under the new Default values settings page to define the default reminder values you wish to have in the reminder combo-box when creating/editing appts.

* New option added to set which reminder value from the list of values will be the default value for new appointments.

* New settings added to set up to 10 custom "My text" fields that can be used when entering new appts subject.

ver_0906_1.jpg

* New option added on the New/Edit appointment dialog to insert the pre-defined "My text" strings in the appointment subject.

ver_0906_2.jpg

* Problem with the monthly view not loading months span on certain cases fixed.

* Problem navigating between the views when wrong menu item grayed fixed.

* Papyrus showing custom reminder for 0 minutes as '0 weeks' fixed and will now show 0 minutes.

Great day all! 8)

Guest amitregev

I see many users are looking for tasks support, I can already say that the Papyrus code pretty much ready to support tasks, but as you can understand, we need to save some things for people that will buy our software, so they won't feel they paid for something that could used for free, so this is something we will probably finish adding only after the initial commercial version will be released.

Regarding our support - we believe we should give the best support we can with our software (I think users who use our Pocket PC software already knows that :D ) and we plan to do the same with our Smartphone software - as much as we can.

There are also two additional major things we plan to add for the initial commercial release (will probably be added along the first month of the commercial version) but we need to tease our users a bit, so I won't post it now :P

Have a great day all :D

Welcome to the Forum Amit; good to see you here :D

@Paul (or other Mods) - Given the high quality of the SBSH software and their support, it might be a good idea to set up an official support area for them in 'Official Support Areas - Third Party'. That is of course if Amit and his colleagues could /would like to provide support there. (Any one who follows the SBSH forums will know the quality and speed of support from these guys and that Amit never actually sleeps!).