Papyrus calendar replacement app (beta version)

Guest drblow

Guest scubasimon

Just installed the beta version of this. it is awesome. i've actually just paid for powercalendar and powertasks though they are taking ages to send me my unlock code. if this works well, i'd jump ship immediately. thanks for a cool app. waiting anxiously for tasks!

simon.

Any timeframe on when it will directly interface/replace the built in calender/contacts etc?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How would they do that ? The built in calendar and contacts are in the ROM and cannot be replaced.. And it already interfaces with the built in calendar 8)

Guest amitregev
How would they do that ? The built in calendar and contacts are in the ROM and cannot be replaced.. And it already interfaces with the built in calendarĀ  8)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm also a bit confused about it :| what exactly do you mean? :?:

Edited by amitregev

Guest amitregev
Just installed the beta version of this. it is awesome. i've actually just paid for powercalendar and powertasks though they are taking ages to send me my unlock code. if this works well, i'd jump ship immediately. thanks for a cool app. waiting anxiously for tasks!

simon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Simon :D

We plan to release version 1.0 tomorrow and we will post in a 2-3 hours version 1 Release Candidate just to make sure everything is working correctly because we implemented many changes since version 0.9.12 :D

Edited by amitregev

Guest scubasimon
Thanks Simon :D

We plan to release version 1.0 tomorrow and we will post in a 2-3 hours version 1 Release Candidate just to make sure everything is working correctly because we implemented many changes since version 0.9.12Ā  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looking forward to this. I already like the way this works. Going to keep using it for another day or two. Let me know what I need to do to get the latest and how to facilitate any fees payable. Thanks!

Guest amitregev

We've just uploaded version 1.0 RC1 (one last version just before the release). You can read about it on the following URL:

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3264

The main feature we added apart from all the registration related stuff is the ability to 'scroll' between more then one phone number inside the appt view dialog like you can scroll between links inside PIE and choose which phone to dial.

After we will get some initial feedback on this version we hope to release version 1.0 tomorrow morning :D (if all will go fine with this version...)

We've just uploaded version 1.0 RC1 (one last version just before the release). You can read about it on the following URL:

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3264

The main feature we added apart from all the registration related stuff is the ability to 'scroll' between more then one phone number inside the appt view dialog like you can scroll between links inside PIE and choose which phone to dial.

After we will get some initial feedback on this version we hope to release version 1.0 tomorrow morning :D (if all will go fine with this version...)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

in your release file the version 1 is already a year old ;>) [ already corrected in the trial10.zip!!!]

What I am realy missing as for a full version is move or copy an appointment in the week or month view. You need to manually delete and create a new one so far I see.

==================== version history================

Installing Papyrus

First extract the ZIP file you downloaded to a specific folder.

Inside the ZIP file you will find an executable (EXE) file named Papyrus.exe, run this file while your Smartphone device is connected to your desktop PC, this will run the Papyrus installation automatically on your Smartphone.

Mac OS users can use the CAB file also included inside the ZIP file to install Papyrus on their device.

Purchase Papyrus

You can purchase Papyrus on our web-site on the following URL: http://www.sbsh.net/products/papyrus/

Additional Support

You can find additional support on our site: http://www.sbsh.net/products/papyrus/index.php?page=support and on our forums: http://www.sbsh.net/forums/

Papyrus version history

Ver 1.0, 02/01/2005

Initial version release.

Ver 1.0 RC1, 01/31/2005

When dialing a contact with Papyrus it will now leave the '+' sign if this is part of the contact phone number.

New registration/trial screen added with "Buy online" option to purchase Papyrus directly from the Smart phone device.

When clicking the Dial button on the appointment view dialog when the selected appt include a phone number inside it's subject Papyrus will initialize the dial.

Monthly view will now update the all-day events red-led status correctly when changes are made in the appointments status.

Monthly timelines will now also show appts with zero minutes duration.

When using a non-registered version you can also access the registration screen through the About screen under the settings section.

When scrolling on the list view and the selected day is below the visible section on the list view the scroll will automatically update and the selected item will become visible.

Fixed background color on appt view dialog not matching background picture color.

View appointment dialog will now allow to "highlight" phone numbers that are included inside the subject of the appointment and then choose which one to dial; By this allowing to dial more then one phone number inside the subject.

Ver 0.9.11, 01/26/2005

Problem displaying ampersand on the daily and monthly views when part of the items text fixed.

New "Insert Contact" dialog added when creating/editing appointments.

New option added under the view appointment dialog to dial when a phone number is included inside the appointment subject.

Problem inputting My Text fields on some devices apart from field number 5 is fixed and should work fine now on all devices.

New option added under the general settings to set which view to use as the default view when starting Papyrus.

Cancel option added when selecting MyText field for appt subject or location, allowing you to cancel the MyText action.

Clicking the back button on the Insert MyText dialog will now cancel and exit the dialog.

Ver 0.9.09, 01/22/2005

List view returned.

New general settings page added.

New list view settings page added.

New option added under the general settings to force use of clear type fonts.

Week start day option moved from Monthly calendar settings to the new General settings section - you might need to set it again.

New separate color settings options for the list view and for the week view.

Problem with multiday appointments getting shorter in one day when edited fixed.

Clicking the back button on the 'appointment view' dialog will now close the view dialog.

Papyrus installation will automatically link the home-screen default calendar and the Calendar shortcut to Papyrus, uninstalling will switch back to the default calendar.

Ver 0.9.08, 01/19/2005

Major change in Papyrus databases, from now, all views will move on the same date span.

List view display replaced with Weekly View display.

Marking a day on the weekly view and clicking the D-Pad enter will load this day on the daily view.

"Week starts on" setting on the Week view settings removed because it is not needed anymore with the new weekly display.

Day title format setting on the weekly view changed to fit the new weekly design.

Day title background color setting added on the color settings page.

Week view date title format options will now use the correct date separator symbol according to the selected regional settings.

Week view day titles format options will now use the correct date separator symbol according to the selected regional settings.

New option added to set the date format for the quick view list title on the monthly view.

New option added under the weekly view settings to use status colors for items text.

90 days time limitation added to this version.

Ver 0.9.07, 01/10/2005

New option added to set date format on the list view window title.

Problem with "Delete" option grayed on the menu fixed.

Problem with color settings and "My Text" settings when installing Papyrus on a storage card solved.

Problem with box symbol added at the end of 'My Text' empty fields fixed.

New settings added under the defaults settings page to set up to 10 "My Text" fields for the location field when creating a new appointment.

When the location edit box is in focus on the "New/Edit appointment" dialog clicking on the "Insert My Text" option will open the pre-defined "My Text Location".

When the Subject edit box is in focus on the "New/Edit appointment" dialog clicking on the "Insert My Text" option will open the pre-defined "My Text Subject".

The "Insert My Text" option on the "New/Edit appointment" dialog will only be enabled when the subject or location edit boxes are in focus.

New larger daily timeline added on the monthly view "daily quick list" when it is enabled.

About screen added under the settings section including version number.

Problem when selecting to input the '0' My Text field using the zero button fixed.

Ver 0.9.06, 01/10/2005

Problem with the monthly view not loading months span on certain cases fixed.

Problem navigating between the views when wrong menu item grayed fixed.

Papyrus showing custom reminder for 0 minutes as '0 weeks' fixed and will now show 0 minutes.

New "Default values" settings page added.

New option added under the new Default values settings page to define the default reminder values you wish to have in the reminder combo-box when creating/editing appts.

New option added to set which reminder value from the list of values will be the default value for new appointments.

New settings added to set up to 10 custom "My text" fields that can be used when entering new appts subject.

New option added on the New/Edit appointment dialog to insert the pre-defined "My text" string in the appointment subject.

Ver 0.9.04, 01/07/2005

'Open' option on right button menu removed and replaced with a 'New' option.

'New' bottom bar button replaced with 'Daily'/'List'/'Monthly' options to quickly toggle between the views.

Problem with AM/PM time picker and devices using European (or any other 24 hour base) regional settings on the create a new appointment dialog fixed.

New color settings window added under the settings section.

New color selection dialog added supporting RGB selection with sliders and edit boxes for each value.

Four new color options added to set status colors used for items' subject (Free/Busy/Tentative/OutOfOffice) on the list and daily views.

New list view color options added: Highlight color and Day titles text color.

New monthly view color options: Day rect, current day and prev/next month days.

New option added to remove mini-timeline from the monthly view when there are no appointments.

New dialog added on "Create appointment" and "Edit appointment" dialogs to input custom reminder values.

Ver 0.9.03, 01/03/2005

Problem with alarms showing while not defined fixed.

Problem when adding new appt on the monthly view, then moving to the daily view, and then trying to enter the monthly view again didn't worked fixed.

Missing multi-day appointments on their first day on the monthly calendar timelines issue fixed - appointments will now be visible correctly on the mini-timelines.

Open and Delete menu items will now be disabled when clicking the Menu on the monthly view.

When entering the Papyrus settings it will now enter the settings page according to the current selected display on Papyrus.

New option added to the list view, set starting day of the list view: current day or week start.

Hovering a date on the monthly view will automatically load this date appointments on the bottom mini-list view when the mini-list view is active on the settings.

Back button will now cache the last visited view and clicking the back button will revert to the last view, another click on the back button will exit Papyrus.

Problem when loading the daily view from the monthly view not allowing to scroll through the items on certain cases fixed.

Code improvements when loading daily and list view, should load faster.

From now all appointments longer then 15 minutes will show on the monthly mini-timelines; 1:15 long appointment will show as two wide pixel line on the mini-timeline.

Monthly calendar will now refresh correctly when the displayed appointments changes.

Ver 0.9.02, 12/30/2004

When moving between days on the daily view the first item will now be automatically selected

The first item on the list view will now be selected by default when entering the list view display or moving between dates.

On monthly view the first day will be initially selected or today's date when it is today's month.

View appointment dialog will now include a scroll bar when the item description is longer then the screen height.

Creating a new appointment on the daily view will create the new appointment with the start/end date set to the current selected day on the daily view

Creating a new appointment on the list view will create the new appointment with the start/end date set to the current selected day on the list view

Creating a new appointment on the month view will create the new appointment with the start/end date set to the current selected day on the month view

When navigating on the monthly calendar with the SP joy-pad it will now move to the next/prev month when reaching the month boundaries.

New option added under monthly view settings to set the starting day of the monthly calendar: Sunday/Monday

Many cod improvements with the monthly calendar display code.

Monthly calendar now also include previous and next month margin dates showing in gray on both sides of the calendar.

New option added to remove the bottom quick-list on the monthly view and use full screen monthly view.

Ver 0.9.01, 12/28/2004

New version installation suppose to work on both SP2002 and SP2003 OS.

Cab file also included in download ZIP file.

Ver 0.9.00, 12/27/2004

Initial public beta release.

Contact us: [email protected]

Visit us: http://www.sbsh.net

Edited by hb88xx

Guest amitregev

Hi hb88xx: :D

I promise we will soon also have the ability to cut/copy/paste items - we are now working full-time and I hope to have some great new stuff already added in a few days 8)

Sorry, what I meant was when will the PIM Shortcuts be replaced by Papyrus. I use Pocket Informant on my PPC and it gives me the option to replace teh PIM apps with it. This way when you tap the Contacts button you will get Papyrus Contacts. Hope I made better sense, than

What I am realy missing as for a full version is move or copy an appointment in the week or month view. You need to manually delete and create a new one so far I see.

Or you simply open the specific appointment and change the date 8)

Edited by mwille

Guest amitregev
Sorry, what I meant was when will the PIM Shortcuts be replaced by Papyrus.Ā  I use Pocket Informant on my PPC and it gives me the option to replace teh PIM apps with it.Ā  This way when you tap the Contacts button you will get Papyrus Contacts.Ā  Hope I made better sense, than

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi ppcmd :D

If you will download the latest version the installation will already do it automatically 8) you might need to soft reset after the install in order for the change to take effect, but sometimes it also works without a soft-reset.

For now, the install only replaces the calendar shortcuts and the calendar shortcut when clicking the home screen plug-in, but as soon as we will finish implementing the tasks support we will also replace the tasks shortcuts :D

Or you simply open the specific appointment and change the dateĀ  8)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah works for moving, but is not copying for irregular repetitions!

amitregev,

I have to say how impressed I am both with the app you are creating and with your responsiveness to users on this forum.

If I could make another suggestion, it would be great to be able dial by clicking on numbers in the appointment Location field and the appointment Note field as well as in the subject.

I get Outlook meeting invitations to conference calls at least four times per week. People at my company often put the number in either the Location or the Note.

Regards,

xerxes

Guest amitregev
amitregev,

I have to say how impressed I am both with the app you are creating and with your responsiveness to users on this forum.

If I could make another suggestion, it would be great to be able dial by clicking on numbers in the appointment Location field and the appointment Note field as well as in the subject.

I get Outlook meeting invitations to conference calls at least four times per week. People at my company often put the number in either the Location or the Note.

Regards,

xerxes

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi xerxes,

Thanks for the support :D

I'm glad to say I'm working on it right now and by next update you will be able to dial from the subject, location and note fields 8)

Guest amitregev

We've just released version 1.0.01 with many new stuff, you can read more about it and download the new version from the following URL:

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3311

What's new in version 1.0.01:

* View appointment dialog will now allow to mark and dial phone numbers from the subject, location and notes fields.

ver_1001.jpg

* Code optimization - when scrolling between phone numbers on the view appointment dialog it will now scroll faster.

* When current day is out of this month bounds on the monthly view it will now be marked as the current day anyway and not grayed.

* New option added under the monthly view settings to include week numbers on the monthly view.

ver_1001_1.jpg

* When scrolling on the list view with many items in the list it will now scroll much faster then before.

* New option added under the list view to start on today's date and not on week start.

* New option added under the general settings to choose which text input method to use as default input mode.

Guest amitregev
Great stuff Amit; this continues to get better and better :D

Did you manage to have a look at/replicate the custom reminder problems I was having?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Fozzie :D

Sorry, I'm a bit confused :P can you direct me with a URL to this issue description?

Cool thanks. I also won a copy of Papyrus at SmartPhone thougths too so I am doubly blessed this week. Thanks its a great app and makes my life alot easier.

Hi fozzie :lol:

Just to keep you updated I found the issue and it will be fixed in the update we will release in about 10-12 hoursĀ  8)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Amit. I knew you'd find it :(