Papyrus calendar replacement app (beta version)

Guest drblow

Guest amitregev

We've just released a new version, version 1.0.02; You can read more and download this release on the following URL:

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3364

What's new in Papyrus version 1.0.02?

* Categories section added under the view appt dialog showing all categories with an appt when exists.

* New categories field added on the new/edit appointment dialog.

* New categories picker dialog added.

* Add/remove categories from each appointment through the new categories picker dialog.

* New 'Add category' option added on the category picker dialog.

ver_1002_1.jpg

* Problem with note icon showing with appointments without notes after editing appointments on Outlook fixed. Caused by an extra line break added by Outlook.

* Typo fixed under the general settings: 't9 (1st letter caps)' -> 't9'

* New option added under the Grid view settings section to set if the grid view starts on today's date or on week start (default value).

* When grid view starts on today's date the grid format will be: 1*2*2*2, when is starts on week start day the grid format will be 2*2*3

ver_1002_2.jpg

* Problem when adding custom reminder values not added correctly fixed and now Papyrus will use the correct custom values.

* Adding contacts will add them to the current selected edit box, allowing you to add contacts to Subject, Location and Note field.

* When adding 'My Text' fields Papyrus won't add spaces before and after anymore.

amitregev,

I had a quick question and a suggestion for Papyrus. First I am moving to MAC so I will need to get the .cab vesion of your application (along with countless others I have) so where do I find them on your site?

Second my suggestion is when you reschedule an appointment and move to the current date you need to edit the date by taping in new numbers. I would be better if it would take you to the calender so you could see what date you want. This is helpful if you want to reschedule.

thanks.

Guest amitregev
amitregev,

I had a quick question and a suggestion for Papyrus.  First I am moving to MAC so I will need to get the .cab vesion of your application (along with countless others I have) so where do I find them on your site?

Second my suggestion is when you reschedule an appointment and move to the current date you need to edit the date by taping in new numbers.  I would be better if it would take you to the calender so you could see what date you want.  This is helpful if you want to reschedule.

thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi ppcmd :lol:

As mwille said we always include the CAB file also inside the ZIP file :(

Regarding the suggestion - I agree this will be cool and I promise we will also add this (might take a bit, but we are always workin here...)

And now... here is a small preview of what is coming next in a day or two :D

post-103702-1108079345_thumb.jpg

Edited by amitregev

Guest amitregev
...more and more!!!...any sign of custom backgrounds yet?...or have I missed it in all the updates??

Cheers

Nick

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Currently we still don't support custom background, but we will soon :lol:

Sweet, and thanks. Sorry I missed the cab file. I have a lot of work to do before I move MAC (dont' want to use my wifes Windows Machine) so I need to get all my apps that don't use desktop interfaces in cab format.

Thanks again.

Guest amitregev

And... we've just released version 1.0.03 :( you can read more and download the new version from the following URL:

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3408

I hope you will enjoy the new version! there are still a lot of things to do regarding the category icons, like supporting the category icons on all views and so on... but this version introduces the concept of category icons with Papyrus and I hope it will work fine for all of you :D

Please let me know what you think about the new additions :lol:

What's new in Papyrus version 1.0.03?

* New option to add icons to categories under the categories picker dialog added.

* New option to remove icon from category added.

* New icon picker dialog added to pick category icons.

* 59 sample category icons added with Papyrus.

ver_1003_1.jpg

* New option added under the monthly view settings to choose if you wish to view category icons/timelines or both on the monthly view. Currently you can't view both when the quick-list view is active.

ver_1003_2.jpg

* New appointments conflict icon added on daily view for conflicting appointments.

ver_1003_3.jpg

* From now you can switch between all four views and use both the list and grid views without choosing only one view between the two.

* 'Week view format to use' setting under the general settings removed.

* New 'Rotation active views' setting added under the general settings to set which views to have on the left rotation views button.

* New option added to create daily recurring appointments from the 'new/edit appointment' dialog with Papyrus.

* New option added under the monthly view settings to set the monthly view window date title format.

Good work Amit.

On a slight downside; it seems like the font has changed, certainly in the monthly view. The dates don't seem so well defined and the text in the preview pane seems to be a bit squashed up (tall and thin). (I don't have ClearType on).

post-2608-1108215980_thumb.jpg

Guest amitregev
Good work Amit.

On a slight downside; it seems like the font has changed, certainly in the monthly view.  The dates don't seem so well defined and the text in the preview pane seems to be a bit squashed up (tall and thin).  (I don't have ClearType on).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi fozzie :lol:

To make the category icons fit inside the monthly view while you also use quick list view we have to make the fonts one size lower - this is the reason it looks a bit differently, but it is the same font. If you will enable cleartype it will look ok, but I guess you prefer it without cleartype.

I will make the changes for next update that the font will only be one size smaller when the category icons are enabled, this way, if you don't choose to view category icons the font will remain the same size as before; I can see you are not using category icons so this solution will solve the fonts for you :(

Thanks for the explanation Amit; that solution would work for me.

(I'd also like to be able to have the preview pane, timelines and icons but I guess there's not enough space?)

(Will we see the reminder time on the appointment screen & multi-day appointment start/end time fix in the preview pane soon? :lol:)

Thanks for all your work on this.

Guest amitregev
(I'd also like to be able to have the preview pane, timelines and icons but I guess there's not enough space?)
We will do something about this too :lol:

(Will we see the reminder time on the appointment screen & multi-day appointment start/end time fix in the preview pane soon? icon_wink.gif)

Soon.... 8)

Guest iainmann

I'm new to windows smartphones. I have an Orange SPV C500. And I've been downloading lots of applications for it and trying them.

Papyrus is THE BEST. It is soooo useful and easy to use. And there've been two updates since I bought it.

A fantastic piece of work.

If there was a Nobel Prize for smartphone software.....well, I know who should get it!

Guest amitregev
drooool, ok so whens the next update, drooool

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi ppcmd :lol:

We are now working really hard on some new stuff and I hope we will have the next update ready in 3-4 days 8)

I'm sure the next update will be really great :(

Guest amitregev

We've just finished a new update, version 1.0.05 :lol:

You can read more and download the new version from the following post:

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3516

What's new in Papyrus version 1.0.05?

* New timelines bar added on the daily view showing today's timeline along with tomorrow's and yesterday's smaller timelines.

* New option added to include the timelines bar on the daily view on the top section of the view, bottom section or not to include.

* Category icons included on the daily view - up to five icons limit in total with each appointment on the daily view.

* New option added under the daily view settings to include or not category icons on the daily view.

ver_1005_1.jpg

* Problem with multiday all-day events showing appt conflict icon with other regular appts fixed.

* Down and Up joy-pad keys on the icon picker dialog will now move the selected icon up and down and not left and right any more.

* When having more category icons then the screen size on the icon picker dialog the icons will now scroll correctly when moving up/down on the icons list.

ver_1005_2.jpg

* 37 new category icons added to Papyrus IconStore folder.

* New option added under the general settings to set what is the first week of the year: "As regional settings"/"Start on January 1"/"First full week"/"First week with 4 days".

* When using the grid view and today's the first day of the grid display the correct weekend days will be colored as weekend from now.

* When installing Papyrus for the first time the week start day setting will default according to the device locale default value.

* Font size on the monthly view will be smaller only when showing both category icons and timelines.