Papyrus calendar replacement app (beta version)

Guest drblow

This is excellent. Keep up the great work. Altough I purchased this great product, I am anxiously waiting for tasks to be incorporated so that I can really get more out of it.

Any idea when we might see the first signs of task support?

Thanks...

Guest amitregev
This is excellent.  Keep up the great work.  Altough I purchased this great product, I am anxiously waiting for tasks to be incorporated so that I can really get more out of it.

Any idea when we might see the first signs of task support?

Thanks...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi svk :lol:

We hope to have the tasks added really soon - just some last stuff to add with the categories support before we move on to the tasks support :(

Guest pauledmond
Here is a small tease of the nice things we are working on for next version :lol: some really cool stuff  -cool-

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Amit,

I bought the app too and I really think it's great! I'm anxiously waiting for the tasks to be incorporated.

Fantastic job you're doing there... By the way - are you guys situated in TA?

Paul.

Guest amitregev
Hi Amit,

I bought the app too and I really think it's great! I'm anxiously waiting for the tasks to be incorporated.

Fantastic job you're doing there... By the way - are you guys situated in TA?

Paul.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Paul :lol:

If you mean Tel-Aviv then yes 8)

Also, we've just released version 1.0.06 today, you can read more about the new version and download it from the following URL:

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3575

What's new in Papyrus version 1.0.06?

* Set color for each category option added on the categories dialog

* Remove color from category option added on the categories dialog

ver_1006_1.jpg

* Category colors will now be used on timelines on both the daily and monthly views.

* Optionally include timelines bar on the grid view added.

* Optionally include timelines bar on top grid view/bottom or don't include option added.

* Leading rects added on the grid view.

* "Leading rect colors" option added, choose between Don't include/Category colors/Status colors.

ver_1006_2.jpg

* Clear category list fix added to clear category items on exit.

* Problem with monthly view showing category icons for categories including parts of the correct categories strings fixed and will now show only the correct category icons.

* Similar problem on the daily view fixed, also problem calculating an extra category icon gap for categories without an icon fixed.

* Problem when entering the category picker initially checking categories that include the same string at the end of the category name fixed. Will now only check the correct selected categories.

* Appointments starting before today's day on the grid view and ends after the day's rect will show multiday time as "M.D" before the appointment instead of the start time. Appointments starting before the day's rect date and ending on the day's rect day will show the appointment end time with a leading '>' before the appointment end time.

* "Use status colors for items" option under the week view settings removed.

* New "Text color" option added under the grid view settings. Choose between: "Default text color"/"Use category colors"/"Use status colors".

Edited by amitregev

Also, we've just released version 1.0.06 today, you can read more about the new version and download it from the following URL:

Amit,

As usual you are on point. Many thanks!

Guest jonnegri

I have just installed this and am very impressed. Some questions:

How do I put origional calender back on phone if I wished to?

How do I change the alarm tone to something else?

Guest amitregev
I have just installed this and am very impressed.  Some questions:

How do I put origional calender back on phone if I wished to?

How do I  change the alarm tone to something else?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello jonnegri :D

@1 - When you will uninstall your default Calendar will launch again when clicking on the Calendar short-cuts.

@2 - This is something I think you can change under the phone settings.

8)

Guest rekall

Just tried this app - works really well. One question - when in the app I usually press the home key on my HTC Typhoon and sometime in the future re-access my calendar by pressing on the event detail on my home screen. This fires up papyrus but to the day I accessed before NOT todays date - is this a feature or I am doing something wrong?

Cheers

Guest chucky.egg

If you press the Home key it just takes you back to your homescreen, most (if not all) apps should "remember" what they were doing.

You can get back to today quickly by pressing 2

Guest McCune

Great app! :D

With the standard calendar it displayed the years between ().

You could see it on the homescreen as well as in the calendar itself.

It seems to stop displaying the years when using Papyrus.

Is there a way around this problem?

Guest amitregev

Hello McCune :D

This is the yearly counter for yearly recurring appointments and we will soon add this option which is currently not available in Papyrus.

Here is a small screen shot of what we are working on these days and will soon be released... :D

Excellent! The moment I have been waiting for. :D This will truly take Papyrus over the top.

Guest fozzie

Looks good Amit :D

A couple of bugs in the current release:

'&' is not being displayed correctly in the Appointment view (it's missed out) and List View ('_' is displayed).

Multi-day appointments just have the end time against each day in the Quick View List.

And just a little nudge for the reminder time to be shown in the Appointment View. :D

Keep up the great work Amit :D

Edited by fozzie

Guest scubasimon

is that task capability??? this is the moment i've been waiting for! can't wait for your fully released version and then i can junk my power calendar/task combination.

Guest amitregev

We've just released version 1.1.01 with initial tasks support and many other improvements :D

You can read more and download the new version from the following URL:

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3851

What's new in Papyrus version 1.1.01?

* Scrolling appointments with notes will now scroll much faster, major code improvements in the view appt scrolling function.

* Tasks display on their due date added on the daily view.

* New/Edit task option added on the Papyrus main menu.

* Complete/Activate task option added on the Papyrus main menu when a task is highlighted.

* View task dialog added.

* New task settings page.

* New option "Include tasks on calendar" added on the task settings page.

* New option "Include undated tasks under today" option added.

* New option "Include overdue tasks under today" option added.

ver_1101_1.jpg

* Monthly view will now scroll down in weeks and not in month margins.

* Weekend days will also be grayed when out of current month boundaries on the monthly calendar.

* New setting added to set the starting day on the monthly view.

ver_1101_2.jpg

Guest amitregev

I'm glad to announce we've just released a new update, version 1.1.04 :D

You can read more about this update and download the latest version from the following URL:

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3930

As always, let us know what you think about the new version and if you see any things we need to fix/change 8)

What's new in Papyrus version 1.1.04?

* Include undated tasks and overdue tasks under today settings default value changed to checked by default for new users.

* Problem with task start date check box disabled when creating a new task or editing a task without a start date fixed.

* Date format used on the new task dialog will now use the device default date format on the date input fields.

* Problem with '&' sign on subject string phrased as '_' below the next letter on the list view and appt/task view dialogs fixed.

* Problem with reminder time when settings/loading reminder time at the same day as the task fixed.

* New option added under the monthly view settings to scroll by weeks or by months. The monthly view will scroll by months by default.

* Problem with quick-list view on the monthly view showing start time also on multi-day appointments fixed, will now show M.D. for multi day appts or "->End Time" on the end day of multiday appointments like the grid view.

* Monthly view quick-list view will now show leading rects according to the setting on the grid view.

* New option added on the grid view settings to switch the grid view to a vertical layout.

* Complete/Activate tasks using the green dial button.

* "Confirm task completion" setting added under the task settings section.

* Free appointments won't be considered for conflicting appointments anymore.

ver_1104_1.jpgver_1104_2.jpg

Guest ppcmd

Love it. Your app is great and you keep on making it better. Any thoughts on a security app. I know there are tons of them out there but some other developers think $30 for the WMSP app and another $20-30 to get a desktop installer is realistic. Just wondering.

Guest amitregev
Love it.  Your app is great and you keep on making it better.  Any thoughts on a security app. I know there are tons of them out there but some other developers think $30 for the WMSP app and another $20-30 to get a desktop installer is realistic.  Just wondering.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We have some ideas for future developments, but it will probably take some time. Currently our Symbian team also released Papyrus for Symbian 60 which will soon catch up with Papyrus for Smartphone.

At the same time, we plan to continue working on Papyrus for Smartphone at the same pace as we do now for the next 2 months or so, after that, we will start thinking on working on a new additional software.

This might be the right place to ask, which software you think we should start working on after Papyrus the most?

Guest renzo4000
We have some ideas for future developments, but it will probably take some time. Currently our Symbian team also released Papyrus for Symbian 60 which will soon catch up with Papyrus for Smartphone.

At the same time, we plan to continue working on Papyrus for Smartphone at the same pace as we do now for the next 2 months or so, after that, we will start thinking on working on a new additional software.

This might be the right place to ask, which software you think we should start working on after Papyrus the most?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is it possible to make appointments flash or change color (as an option) to get more attention?? This way specific appointments are easier to see.

Most of all I'm very pleased with Papyrus and I think this is the most important software for my C500. Keep up the good and hard work!