Papyrus calendar replacement app (beta version)

Guest drblow

Guest amitregev
^^ quick question how much is the full version and how much would the trial version let you do.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi i_oWn_u ;)

The trial can be used for 12 days (actually I think we did something wrong there and you can also use it during the zero day, so it is actually 13 days :D ) and Papyrus costs $17.95.

If you will decide to get it, we will highly appreciate if you will do it using our online store on our site since we receive much better percentages for sales through our online store (which is powered by Handango).

http://www.sbsh.net/products/papyrus/

If you'll need any additional information let me know :D

Guest Arsair

Hi, I was testing this program and its great. However, I was wondering if when you set up a birthday in a contact, on whether it can be made into an All Day Event so it can appear on the Homescreen. It seems to me that as of right now, when you add Birthday or Anniversary info through the contact function, Papyrus adds a calendar entry for it, but doesn't make it an all day even like entering directly into Outlook would. Thanks!

If I edit the notes associated with a task with Papyrus and then save the change, ActiveSync synchronizes the task but doesn't seem to update the notes in Outlook.

Copleting the task, however, does seem to be synchronized from Smartphone to Outlook.

Is this a known issue? The tasks application that comes with the Smartphone is not able to edit the notes (afaik), and so this issue isn't visible with that.

Guest amitregev
If I edit the notes associated with a task with Papyrus and then save the change, ActiveSync synchronizes the task but doesn't seem to update the notes in Outlook.

Copleting the task, however, does seem to be synchronized from Smartphone to Outlook.

Is this a known issue? The tasks application that comes with the Smartphone is not able to edit the notes (afaik), and so this issue isn't visible with that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi argh ;)

Thank you for this report, we will check and see what might be the problem :D

Guest amitregev

Hi all ;)

I'm glad to say we've just released a new update, version 1.1.10 with many new stuff that adds real power to Papyrus 8)

You can read more about the new update and download the new update from the following post:

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=4368

What's new in Papyrus version 1.1.10?

* One line mode option added for list view. Checking this will show items in one line on the list view mode.

* New "Custom recurrence" added on New/Edit appointments dialog, allowing to define and edit any recurrence pattern with Papyrus.

* Problem when exiting Papyrus causing the contacts search tool to pop-up fixed.

* Problem on the daily view when moving between dates causing the daily view not to refresh correctly fixed.

* Problem when entering the new/edit task dialog and the recurring list box is disabled without a reason fixed.

* Problem when removing a task due date and bringing it back causing a custom recurring pattern to be removed fixed.

* New "Custom recurrence" added on New/Edit task dialog, allowing to define and edit any recurrence pattern with Papyrus.

* All day event icon on monthly view changed to diamond icon to follow the same icon as on other views.

* New sort order options for tasks on the calendar tab added. Set up to three sort levels, and Ascending/Descending order for each sort level.

* Problem when scrolling up on the list view moving from tasks to appointments causing the list to jump to the list title fixed.

* Problem with tasks with more then two status icons not showing more then two on the list view when the task subject line is only one line fixed (on multi-line mode).

* Possible problem loading timelines and counters data when no contacts are available fixed.

ver_1110_1.jpg

ver_1110_2.jpg

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

It keeps on getting better and better ;)

What about a Papyrus calendar homescreen :?: the other calendar homescreens are ok. But I am sure you guys could do a better job ;)

Guest amitregev
It keeps on getting better and better :P

What about a Papyrus calendar homescreen :?:  the other calendar homescreens are ok. But I am sure you guys could do a better job ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We will probably have something ready for initial testing soon ;) (anyone is ready for a new public beta?? ).

We will only have the testing start after Papyrus 1.2 will be out, and since 1.2 will include a full stand alone tasks view - we still have some things to do before it 8)

Time for me to get to work then....

Edited by amitregev

Guest SinisterJunkie
We will probably have something ready for initial testing soon  ;) (anyone is ready for a new public beta?? ).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ready and Waiting! ;)

The issue with synchronizing tasks that I reported before seems to still be there, unfortunately.

I've investigated a bit further though:

If I create the task in Outlook and synchronize, then edit the notes in Papyrus and synchronize again, it won't be updated in Outlook.

If I create a task in Papyrus and synchronize, then edit the notes in Papyrus and synchronize again, it will be updated in Outlook.

I don't know if this might help you find the problem, but it was worth a go ;)

Can anyone else reproduce this issue, or is it just my system?

Guest fozzie
If I create the task in Outlook and synchronize, then edit the notes in Papyrus and synchronize again, it won't be updated in Outlook.

If I create a task in Papyrus and synchronize, then edit the notes in Papyrus and synchronize again, it will be updated in Outlook.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same here. Plus, if in the second example the task notes are then edited in Outlook, any further edits in Papyrus will not be sync'd back.

So, it seems that once the notes have been edited in Outlook (either during task creation or subsequently) note synchronisation from Papyrus back to Outlook gets broken.

Edited by fozzie

Guest hb88xx

I have a question, if in monthly view with quicklist view on. I get a nice scroll bar in the quicklist view when to much items to display. But how to scroll through them? a button to change windows or direct scroll, could not find it!

Guest amitregev
Same here.  Plus, if in the second example the task notes are then edited in Outlook, any further edits in Papyrus will not be sync'd back.

So, it seems that once the notes have been edited in Outlook (either during task creation or subsequently) note synchronisation from Papyrus back to Outlook gets broken.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks fozzie for the report ;) I will check this and see what might be the cause ;)

Guest amitregev

We've just finished a new Papyrus update, version 1.1.14 ;)

You can read more about the new version and download it from the following URL:

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=4612

What's new in Papyrus version 1.1.14?

* New tasks view added.

* Three sort levels added to tasks view, can be changed through the options popup main menu

* Sort direction added for each one of the sort levels. Also can be changed through the popup main menu.

* Ability to highlight grouping titles on the new tasks view and collapse/expand the titles added.

* Delete task option added on Tasks view

* Ability to open tasks on the new Tasks view added.

* Tasks view added to toggle views button

* Tasks view added to toggle views button setting and can be added/removed from the views rotation using the toggle views button.

* Tasks view option added on the views sub-menus allowing to move to the Tasks view.

* Internal: Many code fixes related to toggle views button rotation operation.

* Internal: Bitmaps are now loaded dynamically.

* New checked and not checked task icons.

* Filters selection will now effect the tasks view too.

* When exiting Papyrus it won't run the contact search tool anymore.

ver_1114_1.jpg

ver_1114_2.jpg

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Hi there, I have loaded this version and when I press Exit nothing happens ;) If I go to task manager Papyrus is still running.

Hi there, I have loaded this version and when I press Exit nothing happens ;)  If I go to task manager Papyrus is still running.

Same here. Also: is there a limit for the number of tasks? I have around 750 and most of them are not shown in Papyrus (neither in Calendar nor in ToDo).

Guest amitregev
Hi there, I have loaded this version and when I press Exit nothing happens ;)  If I go to task manager Papyrus is still running.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sorry fot this - if you will download the file from our post once again it will work again ;)

Let me know if it helped.

Guest amitregev
Same here.  Also: is there a limit for the number of tasks? I have around 750 and most of them are not shown in Papyrus (neither in Calendar nor in ToDo).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you sure you set ActiveSync to sync all your tasks to your phone? check the ActiveSync task settings and make sure your tasks syncing is not limited by time/completion status etc.

Are you sure you set ActiveSync to sync all your tasks to your phone? check the ActiveSync task settings and make sure your tasks syncing is not limited by time/completion status etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Amit,

yes I'm sure - cause other programs (Oxios ToDo List, Power Calendar, Power Tasks) show them all.

Regards,

-Gerd