Papyrus calendar replacement app (beta version)

Guest drblow

Guest yoos

This is great! I'm really starting to love this calendar app! (more than power calendar... shh.... ;) )

One thing, can you please add a 'Go To Today...' link under the daily view menu? This is something I use often in your competitors app...

Guest amitregev
This is great! I'm really starting to love this calendar app! (more than power calendar... shh.... ;) )

One thing, can you please add a 'Go To Today...' link under the daily view menu? This is something I use often in your competitors app...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi yoos ;)

Try clicking the '2' number button on any of the views and see what happens.... 8)

Guest yoos
Hi yoos ;)

Try clicking the '2' number button on any of the views and see what happens....  8)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice! Seems just a tad bit slow, but works great!!

Yoos now goes off to read the manual ;-)

Also, yoos suggests the following (if it isn't already there!)

- Have an html doc or something that displays the guide on how to use the app on the phone, and can be accessed through the apps menu.

- Have the ability to get rid of the roledex pic in the background when reading the details (it's sometimes hard to read the text on top).

- Text word wrap for the task name in the task list.

- yoos still suggests a menu option for 'Go to Today' ;)

As always, these are just opinions... this app is truly awesome!!!! The different views and settings are great! And now with the tasks included, I may have to totally ditch power calendar and power tasks.... (sorry developer one)

Guest yoos

The manual says the following icon is for displaying a conflict...Shouldn't the middle two ones have conflicts too? Or is it because they are set to a status of free?

post-3841-1116707143_thumb.jpg

One last thing (I swear I'm not getting paid for saying this stuff!) the monthly view with the quick-list is awesome! I've been using this quite a bit recently...

Guest yoos

One more thing.... I'm still having a problem in the newest version that someone else mentioned before. If I click edit on a reoccuring appt, click YES to edit occurrence only, change something (in my case the date), then click save, NOTHING happens.... :-| It won't save it! Only thing to do is hit cancel ;)

Guest pauledmond
One more thing.... I'm still having a problem in the newest version that someone else mentioned before. If I click edit on a reoccuring appt, click YES to edit occurrence only, change something (in my case the date), then click save, NOTHING happens.... :-| It won't save it! Only thing to do is hit cancel ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I confirm that...

Guest amitregev
Hi Amit,

yes I'm sure - cause other programs (Oxios ToDo List, Power Calendar, Power Tasks) show them all.

Regards,

-Gerd

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Gerd ;)

Is there any specific property you notice that all missing tasks have? like all completed tasks, overdue etc? :?:

Guest amitregev
Nice! Seems just a tad bit slow, but works great!!

Yoos now goes off to read the manual ;-)

Also, yoos suggests the following (if it isn't already there!)

- Have an html doc or something that displays the guide on how to use the app on the phone, and can be accessed through the apps menu.

- Have the ability to get rid of the roledex pic in the background when reading the details (it's sometimes hard to read the text on top).

- Text word wrap for the task name in the task list.

- yoos still suggests a menu option for 'Go to Today' ;)

As always, these are just opinions... this app is truly awesome!!!! The different views and settings are great! And now with the tasks included, I may have to totally ditch power calendar and power tasks.... (sorry developer one)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi yoos ;)

Thanks for the support! we will work on those additions (or at least some of them) which you will see with upcoming updates in the near future 8)

Guest amitregev
The manual says the following icon is for displaying a conflict...Shouldn't the middle two ones have conflicts too? Or is it because they are set to a status of free?

post-3841-1116707143_thumb.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, these appts are not conflicted since they are set as free status :P

One last thing (I swear I'm not getting paid for saying this stuff!) the monthly view with the quick-list is awesome! I've been using this quite a bit recently...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Many thanks for the support!, this is great to hear of course ;) (I can confirm we don't pay you ;) ).

Guest amitregev

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We will check this of course for upcoming update 8)

Hi Gerd ;)

Is there any specific property you notice that all missing tasks have? like all completed tasks, overdue etc?  :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Amit,

no only the first few items according to the current sort option are shown - that's why I asked if there is a restriction of the number of items (in earlier versions of Oxios ToDo List there was a limitation of 500 items).

If I sort by "Category Group" Papyrus only shows six (out of 15) categories and inside the categories only a few items (sorted by "Subject").

Regards,

-Gerd

Guest amitregev
Hi Amit,

no only the first few items according to the current sort option are shown - that's why I asked if there is a restriction of the number of items (in earlier versions of Oxios ToDo List there was a limitation of 500 items).

If I sort by "Category Group" Papyrus only shows six (out of 15) categories and inside the categories only a few items (sorted by "Subject").

Regards,

-Gerd

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder if there is any limitation from the OS side that might limit this since we are using the same code taken from PocketBreeze which works ok on the PPC :?:

Anyway - this is of course something we will check for upcoming update in a few days ;)

Guest amitregev
Hi Amit,

Regards,

-Gerd

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Gerd ;)

Have you seen any special related fields that are the same for all the missing tasks? :?:

Guest amitregev

Hi all ;)

We've just released a new update for Papyrus, version 1.1.15. With this version we continued our work on the Tasks support and added many additional task related features with the new Tasks view along with speeding the scrolling on this view, which is now MUCH faster 8)

You can read more about the new release and download it from the following URL:

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=4758

What's new in Papyrus version 1.1.15?

* Problem with slow scrolling on the Tasks view fixed, will now scroll much faster.

* Major font resource handling change.

* New settings section for Tasks view added.

* New text size setting added for Tasks view.

* New titles text size setting added for Tasks view.

* Problem when using grouping by category not sorting the category grouping titles by subject fixed.

* New grouping counters added on the Tasks tab with each tasks group when using a grouping as first level sort.

* 2nd and 3rd sort menus moved inside the main "Sorts" menu when the Tasks view is active.

* New "More" sub-menu added to main menu options when Tasks tab is active.

* "Expand All" / "Collapse All" options added to new "More" sub-menu when using a grouping sort allowing to easily expand or collapse all grouping titles.

* New "Duplicate" option added under the "More" menu on the Tasks view, creating a copy of the selected task.

* Scrolling behavior improvement on the Tasks tab.

* New "View" sub-menu added on the Tasks tab main menu allowing to choose which tasks to view on the Tasks tab. Choose between: All Tasks/Overdue/Active/Completed/Due Today/Due 7 days/Due 30 days/Future Due/Undated

* Clicking right/left on grouping titles on the Tasks tab will fold/expand the grouping titles.

* Current view criteria will be displayed on the Tasks view title when selection is different then "All Tasks".

* New option added on Grid view settings "Show start time" allowing to remove the start time from appointment start on the grid view.

ver_1115_1.jpg

ver_1115_2.jpg

Edited by amitregev

Guest emyllis

Excellent. Have just downloaded it, and you're right it is more responsive in certain sections. Excellent! Just the job.

Guest amitregev
Excellent. Have just downloaded it, and you're right it is more responsive in certain sections. Excellent!  Just the job.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks emyllis ;) great to hear.

Guest amitregev

Hi all,

I'm glad to announce yet another Papyrus update, Papyrus version 1.1.16! ;)

You can read more about this release and download it from the following URL:

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=4830

What's new in Papyrus version 1.1.16?

* Full color settings added allowing to change any color available on Papyrus.

* New "Reset default" button added on the new color settings section allowing to reset all color settings back to the default colors.

* Papyrus destination install directory moved under the Program Files folder.

* Cleanup fixes when uninstalling Papyrus.

* A confirmation message added on installation asking if you wish Papyrus to replace default calendar shortcuts.

* A confirmation message added when uninstalling asking if you wish to save Papyrus settings and configuration files for future installation.

* Papyrus will now exit automatically when device memory is low.

* Ellipses (...) removed from 'Go To Date' menu option.

* Problem with tasks including categories shorter then 3 characters showing under the "No category" grouping title when sorting the Tasks view by category grouping fixed.

* Problem with duplicated tasks on the tasks view solved.

ver_1116.jpg

Guest amitregev
This is getting better and better. I'm glad I bought this application.

Toda, Amit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks pauledmond ;)

Guest TigerNet

Here's another reason this is a great app...

...I e-mailed Amit yesterday to see if I could get a code for Papyrus on the Nokia series 60 (6680) that I am currently using. They sent the code almost immediately at no additional cost!!!

To me it is obvious that this is not just a great application, but is backed up by great service and support...

Many thanks Amit and Papyrus!!!

Cheers

Nick

Guest Maaz

Great, and I mean GREAT app.

Bought it quite a while ago, and still very pleased with it.

I do however have one minor thing i'm still missing.

Is it possible to add a hyperlick to an appointment, and make this clickable, just like a telephone number?

I'm a frequent EBAY user, and I use the callender to remind me when an object is due.

With the normal callander app for the c500, you could type a http adress in tih your appointment, and you could open it then directly drom the callender app.

That would be a great asset to your software.

So that when you get a reminder, you can click on the hyperlink, and go to the internetpage directly from your smartphone.

Or is this already possible?

If so, could someone point out to me how it is done?

Keep up the good work papyrus, and I hope this will make the app.

Guest amitregev
Great, and I mean GREAT app.

Bought it quite a while ago, and still very pleased with it.

I do however have one minor thing i'm still missing.

Is it possible to add a hyperlick to an appointment, and make this clickable, just like a telephone number?

I'm a frequent EBAY user, and I use the callender to remind me when an object is due.

With the normal callander app for the c500, you could type a http adress in tih your appointment, and you could open it then directly drom the callender app.

That would be a great asset to your software.

So that when you get a reminder, you can click on the hyperlink, and go to the internetpage directly from your smartphone.

Or is this already possible?

If so, could someone point out to me how it is done?

Keep up the good work papyrus, and I hope this will make the app.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Maaz ;)

I'm glad to hear you enjoy using Papyrus 8)

We will work on adding this feature so hyperlinks will also be clickable and will allow you to open links simply by clicking them (as you can already do with phone numbers).

Guest Maaz
Hi Maaz ;)

I'm glad to hear you enjoy using Papyrus  8)

We will work on adding this feature so hyperlinks will also be clickable and will allow you to open links simply by clicking them (as you can already do with phone numbers).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's great to hear!!! ;)

Looking forward to it... :D

Good luck, and hope to see a new version with this added functionality soon!!!!

8) :D 8)