Playing movies on SPV with WMP

Guest mchristie2

Guest mchristie2

I have just reeceived my 256Mb SD Sandisk card for £70 from the US on ebay....just loading it up with 3 episodes of Sopranos and full length Minority Report, with space to spare :D

I have played the Minority Report with the advanced skin available on this site, and have it on my storage card for ease of use. But every time i turn off the SPV it goes back to the old settings ....is there an easy way to stop this ?? Or do i have to replace the gif files every time, meaning if i am not near a computer i wont be able to use the Advanced skins ?? The movie jumps slightly but is still excellent to watch...

Also, had probems last night with phone but after leaving off for 7 hours it seems to have corrected itself ??! :? But thats me back over the moon with the SPV again !!!

One small grump as well...when i add in a .TSK file to the front screen using Dr Ralphs XML homepage...there is a small gap at the bottom where the image doesnt reach ?? How can i increase this amd how can i add .jpgs to the SPV to use as a homepage ?? when i size them as 176x200 pixels the image seems too small ??

Amy help would be greatly appreciated....

SPV is a fantastic phone and gets better all the time....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi can you tell me how you put so much stuff on 1 card i only have a 32mb card but it can't even run a small video smoothly how can i compress it so i have extra space but keep the picture gd quality and have enough space to fit mp3's help me out please?

Guest mchristie2

I basically compressed the movies as per the post by Chris Benjammin....The Soprnaos were compressed to 30Mb per episode and a full 710Mb Minority Report movie was compressed to 52 Mb....meaning i could fit them all onto a 256 Mb card.......happy compressing

Guest hotphil

I had the same problem with the small gap at the bottom of the screen when making my layout. It was a while back but I seem to remember that if you check the height of all your plug-ins and get them to add up to the same total as one of the supplied files, it will fill the screen. In my case, I think I just whacked up the height of the bottom-most plug-in (trial and error though). Does that make sense?

Phil

Guest kevlar

mchristie2, you can install the advanced media player skin with all explorer. Just save the 4 files on your card somewhere, and copy/paste them into windows directory if you are away from your pc. A bit fidly but do-able

Kevlar

Guest mchristie2

Kevlar

I have a folder on my storage card which has the files in it but when i try and copy them to my Windows folder it says unable to copy them ?? Thats why i asked as i thought it would be a simple copy and paste as well....