New vesion of All-Explorer 2.5.10 [see p4]

Guest Hax

Hi,

I just got an e-mail telling me of a new version of All-Explorer and downloaded and installed it. Unfortunately, it will not run because "it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate". :roll:

Hmmm..... hopefully this will be sorted soon - have e-mailed [email protected] - waiting for a reply - drums fingers impatiently :evil:

Hax

Indeed - thank god for the receycle bin - one thing MS got right :)

Just a nuisance more than anything else.....

You'd think they'd at least test it (including the installation package) on the final platform before releasing it - no excuse really - pure "school-boy error" :wink:

Also glad to know I'm not the only one and haven't done anything too stooopid!

Hax

Guest James

That release was supposed to give good IR functions I think... was looking forward to it

thins is why i keep all the old versions of everything

Just received the following e-mail (assume it went to all, but just in case):

Dear Sir/Madam,

There seems to be a problem with the digital signature of ALL-explorer 2.5.10.

Therefore, while we try to solve this issue as soon as possible, ALL-explorer 2.5.10

has been temporarily withdrawn. The previous version of ALL-explorer,

ALL-explorer 2.4.12 is available for download again on http://www.handango.com.

In case you have problems using ALL-explorer 2.5.10 because of the digital signature and

you don't have the installation file of the previous version anymore,

you can download the previous version of ALL-explorer the following way:

1. Visit <http://www.handango.com>

2. Login to your Handango Member account

3. Choose 'My Purchases'

4. Here you should be able to download your copy of the latest version of the ALL-explorer. 

We will send you a notification when this issue has been solved, and we regret and apologize for

any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards, 

ALL-locations Support team

Only took them about an hour and a half (from me e-mailing them - others might have done so sooner!) to notify people of the error! :roll:

Hax

Guest ajb3000

damn, I missed it!! Is there anywhere I can download it as I have a decertified phone? Can someone send it to me?

NOTE: Just in case anyone starts mentioning piracy, it's protected with a key you need to purchase to be able to use it!!

Really, please believe us - the program simply doesn't run - well at least not on my phone or James' phone! Can't speak for James, but my phone is most certainly de-certed and yes, other de-certed apps do still continue to run!

This is just a warning so that not too many people get caught with an unusable version of All_Explorer.

Hax

Guest tomesy

No seriously - it's working on my phone, I assume because I've removed the security certificate. Version 2.5.10, including IR send and recieve - just used it. Trust me!!!

I'm not denying it's working on your phone - but it's not working on mine or James'.

It's got nothing to do with your phone being decerted - mine is too!

In my post above, you can see the All-locations have admitted there is a problem - until they resolve it, it's best not to install the new version as it *could* leave you without a working version of All-Explorer!

Please - no more arguments!

Hax

Guest James

the certificate in the new ALLexplorerSPE.exe from the phone says version 2.4.14??

maybe the phone did not do the uninstall the old one properly??

Well, nice try - but don't think that's it! Just "manually" uninstalled All-Explorer and then reinstalled the new version but no joy - same error message :)

Hax

Guest tomesy

The one that's running on my phone, I would say is the latest version. The previous version on there was old, something like 2.3.?? (and 2.5.10 does kinda come after 2.4.14 - if that's what you meant :?: )

I agree Hax, while there's any doubt about this app, dont install it, unless people want to potentially end up with a version that doesn't work - however, all I was saying........ hey it works on mine!!

Guest James

my PC also did not trust it so i installed it into my trusted certificates on my PC... my PC now says its fine but no joy there either when installed on the phone again...........

Guest tomesy

And did I say how good it is - you can send a file by email, or Infrared. And the icons look different (so that's defo better) - and you can do a find (could you do that before?) - in fact it's brilliant - dont know what I'd do without it!!! :)

Guest colinharbour

Difficult to believe these people can have sent out this email without proper testing of the final version. Utter stupidity.

Surely the best solution is for Orange to allow uncertified apps to be installed without going through the decert routine?

Colin :evil:

Guest ClintEastman

Thay (MS) have changed it for Ozone (Smartphone 2003) so if an app is not trusted it will inform you and ask if you want to continue (like XP does for drivers). Lets just hope O release a rom of Ozone (and yes, MS say that there in no reason why Ozone won't run on the SPV). :wink:

This problem isn't solved by decerting the phone and chances are that there would still be some software houses that would get their applications certified even if it wasn't necessary. It gives them some level of indemnity from claims arising from viruses being tagged onto their software for one. without any certification, any software that you download from the web *could* carry some sort of malicious code such as a virus and there'd be no checks on it. At least if a certificate *is* used and a virus attaches itself to the file, the programs "signature" will not match that of the certificate.

Certificates do provide a level of security (and reassurance) otherwise unavailable, but please understand that I don't agree with forced signing of *every* app.

Hax

Thinks it's up to O (or HTC) to decide what to release to who and when.

MS just release the platform builder and other related tools and the developers then create their own platforms contains when elements they want.

....I think?

Hax

Guest Paul [MVP]
(and yes, MS say that there in no reason why Ozone won't run on the SPV)

IF HTC write the required hardware drivers for Canary / Tanager. This is a big if! Currently the only drivers would be for the reference handset - the Compal / Red-E handset. Ozone still has functionality to fully lock as in SP2002, it just has an additional option from locked and unlocked.

P

PS Running All Explorer 2.5.10 no problems on my unlocked phone :)